ZBrushCentral

My work on "Warframe"

Hello,
And here some more work.

TennoNecroScythe.jpgInfestedWhip1mechanicssilhouette.jpgInfestedWhip2CreativeProcess.jpgInfestedWhip3Final.jpgInfestedWhip4.jpgInfestedWhip5.jpg

[VV]89177558[/VV]

This video show how I sculpted the Infested whip “Scoliac” in Zbrush.
This video don’t show all the process, sometime I just forgot to record what I was doing :S
But it still give you an idea of how I work :wink:

I divided this video to show all the different step I did :
1- General shapes : 00:00:00
2- First pass detail : 00:11:54
3- Final Pass detail : 00:22:26
4- Making the cord : 01:02:56

Don’t forget that Warframe is a free to play video game, on PC and PS4 : www.warframe.com

Thanks for watching!!!
See you,
Lucas

Attachments

TennoNecroScythe.jpg

InfestedWhip1mechanicssilhouette.jpg

InfestedWhip2CreativeProcess.jpg

InfestedWhip3Final.jpg

InfestedWhip4.jpg

InfestedWhip5.jpg

I’m loving these designs, and thanks for showing the video, always really interesting seeing how others approach their sculpts, cheers :]

very cool! Thank you for the process. I love the technological, semi-organic, semi-fantasy design of many of those. They hit the right spot between being familiar and alien/exotic :+1:

Awesome! I love organic hard-surface stuff like this. These days everyone’s into utilitarian, straight angles and sharp points sort of mechanical design, so it’s nice to see insanely detailed, flowing designs like this. And many thanks for the video, I was just thinking how I have no idea how you’d make something like this in zbrush - hopefully the video will help shed some light on the process!

God. Awesome! Really inspiring works.
thanks for sharing!

Amazing job!
Love the balance between simple surfaces and busy areas.

Are you using the Orb brush for all the panel lines in the mechanical parts? Or is it a custom brush?

Thanks for sharing!

Love it, real inspiration, made me play the game a bit, if only it was better ;/
But yeah, wont be first amazing looking game taken down by lack of investment into end game and proper balance. Hope the lead designers will still have time to refocus the development direction.

Anyway, any way to see the warframe sculpts or grineer sculpts ?;D i love the designs and detail balance.

… I was wondering if you use any custom settings for the brushes. Is the eighth brush (in the interface) a modified cut brush?

Anyway, thank you very much for the insight Lucas.

Cheers, Neil

Hello!
Thanks a lot for your comments :D:D:D

stefanobernardi and Shellac, It’s Michael Brennan AKA Mynki
who show me this brush and here the settings. It’s simple but I really love it :

Trimbrush.jpg

I hope you will like it !!!

And in the next update I will post a timelapse video of a Grineer weapon.

Thanks again everyone :D:D:D
See you,
Lucas :slight_smile:

Attachments

Trimbrush.jpg

Thank you very much for the brush settings Lucas.

You are a star !:+1:

I really love your sculpts and your style.
Lovely mix of organic and mech.

I’m looking forward to any future updates and tutorials.

Keep up the good work.

All the best,
Neil

Thanks for the share; I tried out the brush with your settings but result wasn’t nearly as cool as in your works :smiley:

I’ll keep following your thread with interest!

Hello!

Thanks guys for your comments!!!

stefanobernardi, Can you draw some line on a sphere with the brush setting I send?
Just to see if I forgot something to mention! Thank you very much :):):slight_smile:

See you!!!
Lucas

Hey lucas-hug

I was wondering, what do you think about doing full hard surface in zbrush from start too finish. I want to get back into game design but dont really want to mess with sub-d no more and with zbrush and dynamesh it looks possible that I may not need my old way of sub-d modeling. I have a small thought on what I could do, if you would like to read it here it is.

1. I model the base very very low poly only a few boxes in max just to get my perportions close.
  2. Jump in zbrush and start too model out the basics of the model with dynamesh on, then I would build from there using insert mesh and edgeloops and shadow box.

Once I am done with my high poly I can just go ahead and use zremesher or topogun to build my lowpoly. How would this work this workflow would it be viable or even worth it. I would like too do this on things like doors,buildings, machinery ect.

Thanks Meathelix

Hello Meathelix!!!

Your workflow seams viable.
I think it depend on the model you’ll create!

For the very very very Low low poly, you can either doing it in max or Zbrush, whatever you feel comfortable with.
You can definitely do all the work in zbrush, it need some effort at the beginning then you will get addict, as I am :wink:

I would use Zremesher just after finishing the basic shapes tho, because on long hard edge sometime dynamesh
put triangle and its not clean, zremesher prevent that :slight_smile:
If you just create an other mesh and use the basic shape mesh as a guide, forgot zremesher :wink:

See you,
Lucas :slight_smile:

Hello Lucas,

I just want to add that I think your brush settings work fine.
Although, I think you must have supernatural detailing skills as well.:+1:

I can see what Stefano is getting at though.
Keeping everything parallel and uniform can be tricky especially in tight areas and around intricate geometry.

You are indeed a master.

Thanks for the inspiration and information on your process.

… I forgot to ask.

Is there a way to keep the depth at a constant level ?

A setting to counteract pressure fluctuation perhaps ?

Hello,
Thanks Shellac for your kind words :slight_smile:

You can definitely control tablet pressure of the brushes :
http://docs.pixologic.com/reference-guide/brush/tablet-pressure/

Hope it help!
See you,
Lucas

Thanks for the heads up Lucas.

I wasn’t sure if the brush needed any additional settings.

I’ll have a play.

Once again, thank you for the tips.

Looking forward to your next posts.

Take care…

lucas-hug thanks very informative, love your work …

crazy stuff !!! congratulation :smiley: