ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge #3 - Spacecraft

Doodle: learning hull modeling and glow:

Han SoSlo and his Millenium Slug attempt to outrun the S’squorl blockade. This is from the Star Snores movies.

I finally realized my dream of building Spaceship models for the movies. DOH! They don’t use models any more.

[img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/zbc_uploads/user_image-1036542729vui.jpg[/img]

I used Kaz’s mechanical hull technique from this thread:

space 1

I also used multiple generations of polymeshes multi-markered together. I didn’t do the whole thing, but I ‘could’ have. Then I would have a ‘Millenium Slug’ zTool. I wonder if ZBrush culls polygons when you build up a complex polymesh?

This was FUN. It was just like building a model, but without the mess of the glue, or the expense of constructing your own miniature Ion Drive!!

(I built the Millenium Falcon back in the early 80’s, with hand-crafted and painted blaster burns, and then my brothers shot it to pieces with a BB gun when I went away to college. I got the same model a few years ago, but I haven’t put it together. I just use it for a reference for computer art.)

EDIT: Ha, my monitor at work is so fuzzy that it gives me a completely false sense of how aliased my picture is. I considered working on the aliasing a bit, even though this was a ‘doodle’, and I needed to go vote. But I thought it looked good enough and exported it. I even had it in PhotoShop and could have messed with it a bit there. I blurred the engine exhaust. But now at home, the aliasing on this thing is atrocious. :eek:

Just stand back from your monitor about 5 feet, and it will look good. :wink:

And to think we pay extra for video cards that have built in, real-time Anit-Aliasing. Just buy a 6 or 7 year old monitor!

P.S. In what other program would this ‘apparent’ amount of work be considered a ‘doodle’??? :wink:

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 05, 2002 Message edited by: Jaycephus </font>

[GalleryEntry]

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 11, 2002 Message edited by: Jaycephus </font>

Moved my image to page 5 so i may get some feedback from yall.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience. :frowning:

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 08, 2002 Message edited by: Mahlikus The Black </font>

Wow, all of you guys are blowing me away. These images are super. I’ll have to use the excuse that I’m sick cause I can’t come up with anything ~G~

Keep em coming. I’m a sci fi nut, so love them all.

Tintin’s spacescrafts avatars on Saturn :slight_smile:
10 minutes making ! So be indulgent :smiley:

The more difficult is the colored checker red/white , if someone have a trick ?

Pilou

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 06, 2002 Message edited by: Frenchy Pilou </font>

Vincent Van Gogh does Zpainting. Just got inspired by the oilpainting posting.

Happy zpainting

Sjors

That’s sweet. Starry night on Venus? :slight_smile: :+1:

This is a very early stages picture of my entry just in case I dont get the opportunity to finish it(I’m leaving on a trip tommorow and won’t get back until monday)

I hope you like this one.

Hey, how could I enter this idea lottery, I think I have thought of a great theme for next monday. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

:)A lot of cool images, mentat7’s series of ships are a blast to look at, including many others. So thougt I’D join in the fun here.
Here’s another image looking out from the inside the spaceship, the bkgrd stars were done using mentat7’s zscript located on this thread. Thanks for the zscript its very useful mentat7.

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 07, 2002 Message edited by: JOHNVQ3 </font>

One hour doodle…

1st - Stratego Fleet

2nd - Tonight, Tonight

Lens flares are Photoshop.

Too bad i didn´t entered the last challenge…

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 07, 2002 Message edited by: Houdini </font>

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 07, 2002 Message edited by: Houdini </font>

Great stuff guys. MTB, your background is top notch!

wow you all…excellant images…inspired me to try a little better background for myself…

now to come up with another ship to fit the piece…

well added some ships here before bed…

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 06, 2002 Message edited by: Ron Harris </font>

Kickin Ron!! :+1:

Great images everyone!! Now…let’s kick it up a few notches…muwahahahahaha!

Ron! Very nice indeed…

It’s a Zerg invasion!! :smiley:

Hey Ron,good pic man… :slight_smile:

Well done Ron! You did kick it up a notch or two :warning: :slight_smile: :+1: :+1: :+1:

I like it very much Ronomatic! :smiley:

For those of you who are interested here is a little script that will draw a star background and then draw in a nebula. It is very simple and shows you the basics for the technique. You can use a variety of painting tools to enhance it further. I encourage you to experiment.

Nebulae.txt

Very nice

Thank you Mentat :+1: