ZBrushCentral

Jmunkee's Sketchbook

Fantastic werewolf! Great job on the fur as well. I would be interested in hearing about your technique for the fur if you care to share. Keep it up!!

hendrik f -Thank you! The perspective is actually set to 35 so that it’s slightly less skewed. I also had the camera at a low angle, so that’s probably what made it look like perspective wasn’t on since the feet look like they’re more even.

skdzines - Much appreciated! The fur was actually done in 2 layers. The first one being a thinner finer fur to act as an undercoat, which i could pretty much cover his entire body with. But making sure it doesn’t cover too much of the under lying details. The second layer I added in more specific areas such as the neck, hands, elbows, knees, and back. The fibers were slightly thicker, but I think I need to eventually revisit it to give it less of a bristle look.

I started this piece a few months ago with the intention of doing a speed bust of an Orc, but it became a little more ambitious, as you can tell. I decided to revisit it with fresh eyes and reworking some areas, especially the rocks. Stay tuned for more updates.

I love this one, very cool. I’ll keeping up with your thread. Remi is very cool too. Great job on both.

Ezra

Little more ambitious is an understatement, can’t wait to see the finalized orc!

Hi Joe, don’t know how I missed this thread. Anywho, real quick (sorry), your ‘REMI’ wolf is absolutely AWSOME! But, to tell ya the truth, ‘personally’-:D- I think he would have looked ‘COOLER’ without the fur. Ya, ya, don’t kill me-:smiley: But, it’s that the fur just destroys all that wicked looking sculpting you did. Maybe if you had just polypainted him with those cool colors you have going on him i.e. the grey, black, purple etc, that would have been just out of this world. I know, I know, what is a werewolf without fur? But, hey, this one could be the 'exception. Loving the style. Wish you well on the ORC sculpt. Best, Dragon.

Great job on the Penguin Remi, and really dig the resto of your sculpts. Keep up the good work.:+1:

Thanks! I’m hoping to keep raising the bar for myself as things goes along.

Just a little bit… haha. I can’t wait either!

I totally agree with him being furless. haha. i was sad to see that a lot of the details got covered when I added the fur, but it had to be added. I’m planning on re-composting it, so i can make more of the smaller details pop a little more. I’ll just have to wait and see how it ends up.

Thanks!! I sure will!

Update to the Orc: :slight_smile:

-Decided to redesign the environment a little bit to get a better silhouette/composition. The previous one felt like it was drawing too much attention away from the main subject which is the character. Sometimes less is more…

Orc_wip_02.jpg

Attachments

Orc_wip_02.jpg

BPR turntable for Remi:

The hair on remi is very well done, an all around fine creation… Deke :slight_smile:

Yes, well done. :wink:

Now that’s a great balance between the fur and the detail! Love it (really digging your colour choices, those eyes are really nice) . More please-:wink:

Thank you guys! More things are on the way!

The theme for my HappyGoSculpting Blog this week is The Swamp Thing. Here’s my WIP so far. I still got about a week left till the due date. That means more time to give it more love!

SwampThing_Wip05.jpg

Attachments

Swamp_wip_v004.jpg

Awesome! Really like the proportions:+1:

Thanks!! :slight_smile:

Here’s the final sculpt for my Swamp Thing. There’s a point when I had to just deem it finished, otherwise I would just keep tweaking it forever.

I know the feeling, you never finish a work, just abandon it :slight_smile:
Great work:+1:

excellent concept. :wink: