Hello Im new

Hello Im new or newie to Sculptris ,First a Special Thank You to Pixologic for Sculptris and Zbrush cental for there help in this forum.
Been making monsters for 35 years as hobbie I have a passion for the art , my interest in Sculptris is to help me in research and development in animatronic designs .
gary5.JPGplaying.JPG
In Sculptris I make Individual teeth and pull the gums around the tooth
.gary4.JPG

Animatronic design wip sculptris render in blender cycles
wolfpic2.jpg

Sculptris wip render in blender
wipwolf.jpg
rendertest.jpg
Sculptris Retopology in Blender shape keys animation
wofvescgi.jpg
Thanks Pixologic :smiley:
Gary Willett
willettfxgarywingtest2.JPGwolfpic.jpg

Attachments

gary4.JPG

gary5.JPG

playing.JPG

garywingtest2.JPG

wolfpic.jpg

wipwolf.jpg

wolfpic2.jpg

rendertest.jpg

Looks like a worthy project Willets. Keep going with it. I would love to see the completed model :+1:

Thanks Tartan ,Still learning Sculptris and loving it .Sometime I wish there was a back button.
Gary
wolf test2.JPG2a6582a0.jpgwolf test.JPG

Attachments

wolf test.JPG

wolf test2.JPG

Sculptris should be an interesting addition to some of that real sculpting work in making that animatronic stuff.

I watched a number of your how to’s on making some of those animatronics when you first posted. Always wanted to do some of that stuff.

While there may not be a back button, you can still use “Ctr + Z” to undo some of your previous brush strokes.

Thanks SporkFuMaster
For use “Ctr + Z” to undo previous strokes.I will try that out , Can’t find Sculptris read me file for more info.
Gary

Find on Facebook Gary Willett FX

I know that there’s supposed to be a PDF when you download, but I don’t have it either. You may want to delete Sculptris and use that email from Pixo to redownload and reinstall it if you really want to try and get it back. For the most part, there really aren’t too many keyboard requirements that I can think of at the moment. There used to be a thread with some of them in it, but it’s been a while, it might have also been in the original forums. I’ll see if I can find it sometime.

A lot of them are pretty much the same as those you might use in other software.

Ctrl A will select all spheres
Ctrl D will deselect all spheres
Hold H and click on a sphere to hide it
Ctrl Alt H will make them all visible if any are hidden
Ctrl I will invert your selection
Shift and click on a deselected sphere will select that one as well if you need multiple spheres selected for any reason
9 will hide half the sculpt if you need to work from within (at least while symmetry is on, not sure if it does anything when it’s off)

Hey Thanks for the info SporkFuMaster
“Ctr + Z” helps so much !
Testing things 3 button mouse and trackball mouse so uncoordinated with my $100 wacom drawing tablet …Still trying to Learn it.

concept dog textures doodling blender render grainy low powered PC

dogresize.jpg

Thanks Pixologic Im having Fun

:ddogs1.jpg

test in Sculptris Wip Gorillia Blender cycles
ape.jpg
gary

Attachments

ape.jpg

Hey Willet,

I dont use Blender but that is a wonderful render. I also like the gorilla. Are you going to try for an animatronic with it also?

Thanks Tartan, No gorilla animatronic but maybe one day . I want to make a wolf animatronic . Wish I had zbrush it would help in my designs.

I really like the gorilla. Great job there imho.

thanks
apecrap.jpgapecrap.jpg

Attachments

apecrap.jpg

I’m new too. With Zbrush people can do amazing things.

Sculptris quick sculpt render Blender cycles
monster.jpg

Attachments

monster.jpg

Wip Sculptris render blender cycles …Removed the eyes sphere in sculptris before import to blender ,added new spheres (eyeballs) black glossy eyes. Still new to this …
Having Fun with Sculptris
smonster6.JPGmonster77.jpgmonster9999.jpg

Attachments

monster6.JPG

monster77.jpg

monster9999.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone ,Having fun with Sculptris and Blender

playing1.jpg

Gary

Attachments

playing1.jpg

wip