ZBrushCentral

GoSoftimageLite - until GoZ for Softimage is done

As I mentioned, you have to add your ZBrush root folder in the Preference section in Softimage. ZBrush KNOWS where is the proper folder, so if you followed the instruction, there won’t be any problem (as many other artist have no issue with this)

So, installation is:

1. Drag and drop addon onto Softimage viewport
  2. Set File|Preferences|GoSoftLiteSetting Zbrush folder to point to your ZBrush root folder (without closing (back)slash)
  3. Find your users/Autodesk/Softimage/Addon/Gosoftimageliteaddon/ZSC folder
  4. Copy folder content (including subfolder) to your ZBrush/ZStartup/ZPlugs folder
  5. For the sake of safety restart both application

if you performed these steps, you gonna have GoSoftLite buttons in Softimage File menu, and at the end of Zbrush tool palette

Ah, thank you. I didn’t see you mentioning anything about setting the ZBrush folder first. Sorry.

Still, is there a way to let us chose the location ourselves? Don’t get me wrong, please, I’m not complaining. I like what you did, I just would like to transfer it through a different folder. If that’s too difficult to implement no problem. :slight_smile:

as soon as i made the “preferences stuff”, everything worked perfectly.

keep up the good work :wink: :+1:

At this moment my ZBrush scripting is limited, so I can’t promise that :frowning: But I’m eager to learn ZScripting, for some damned reason I love scripting…:smiley:

But don’t forget that’s just a temporary solution until the real GoZ for Softimage is out.

Love this script! Big time saver for our team.

I had a few issues getting this newer plugin to work though but I figured it out. (Windows 7 64bit)

1. Once you install the GoSoftimageLiteAddon you need to re-start XSI in order to update your preferences. Preferences can be found under File > Preferences > Custom > GoSoftLiteSettings

2. The new plugin did not contain subfolders in the ZSC folder. Create the following folder and subfolder in Zplugs, GoSoftLiteData\GoSoftLite Your address should look like this …\ZStartup\ZPlugs\GoSoftLiteData\GoSoftLite

Thanks again for this script!

Gonna check it and add a minor adjustment also to enable importing materials as groups from this script (or a button for this from the preferences, importexport section?)

Just to say that is my new fauvorite button ! thanks for share it :+1:

Jesus Christ! Thank you Jester for this support!!!
The XSi community is little and guys like you, man!, make such a big difference for us! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
:slight_smile: I dont know how to express my gratitude to you in english!

Pixologic let us down! Please keep it up Jester! :+1:

double post, please delete this one :slight_smile:

I have a question. Is it possible to make it export all the visible subtools to XSI ?

It all works fine here! I got little confused from the installation descriptions that you guys posted here, but i sorted it out :slight_smile:
Thanks again!

Thanks Pimeto! :slight_smile:

Actually as I stated earlier it’s just a placeholder until the real GoZ is developed for Softimage, but I’ll check if I can do this functionality. Actually possible, but I don’t dare to promise anything yet.

No problem man! Dont worry! :slight_smile: We appreciate you doing THIS!!!
About GO for Softimage, i really have my doubts that they are going to make it at all :frowning:
People are telling me that Autodesk is planing to shut down Softimage… maybe this explains the lack of MentalRay development… I am affraid!
The only program that Pixologic didnt release GOz is Softimage… wtf ? :frowning:

xsi gozbrush forever :lol: :lol:

Autodesk DOESN’T plan to shut down Softimage, the newest release has just released (Subscription pack) with stereo cam, Lagoa, artist friendly ICE, etc.

Pixologic has no Softimage expert, that’s why they didn’t made the GoZ.

thank you very much Jester. It will be the only thing to use for us poor SI users for quite a while. I think GoZ for XSI will not come until next Sig, if at all. At least when extrapolating from previous experience with Pix.

Works well, thanks Jester.

Maybe Pixo should get intouch with you and get the official version complete! You rock! Thanks again :slight_smile:

thx for this addon !!

I Jester,

I’m Steve Jubinville, character Artist and Certified Zbrush Instructor.
Thank’s a lot you your XSI Addon, working really well!
After couple of try, I see couple of mistake in your installation explanation.
I re-write the exemple in english and French!I hope your are ok with that!

I don’t know what you thing about that but is maybe the time to links you with Xavier Durant, the guy who create GoZ. He will help you to integrate GoZ XSI in Zbrush and help you to eliminate the import/Export. It was betther if is doing automaticly. So if you’re interesting send me your email adress and I will make you in contact with him!

Thank’s Again!

Steve Jubinville

How to install GoZ for Softimage:

installation:

English:

1. Drag and drop GoSoftimageLiteAddon.xsiaddon onto Softimage viewport or do File/add-on/Install…

2. Set File/Preferences/Custom/GoSoftLiteSettings and point the Zbrush Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4.0.

3. Open C:\Users\yourUserName\Autodesk\Softimage_2011\Addons\GoSoftimageLiteAddon.

4. Copy folder GoSoftimageLiteAddon and paste in C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4.0\ZStartup\ZPlugs.

5. Really important, Rename GoSoftimageLiteAddon with GoSoftLiteData.

6. Open the folder GoSoftLiteData/zcs/ and paste folder GoSoftLite.zsc in C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4.0\ZStartup\ZPlugs.

7. For the sake of safety restart both application.

Everything working fine now.

In Zbrush, in the Tool panel, you will see under the export option GoSoftimage Lite: GoSoftimageExp and GoSoftimageImp.

In Softimage, File/ GoSoftLiteExport and GoSoftLiteImport you will see the option under the Save As.

installation:

Français:

1. Glisser GoSoftimageLiteAddon.xsiaddon dans le viewport de Softimage ou faire File/add-on/Install…

2. Aller maintenant dans File/Preferences/Custom/GoSoftLiteSettings et pointer le folder Zbrush dans C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4.0.

3. Ouvrer C:\Users\VotreUserName\Autodesk\Softimage_2011\Addons\GoSoftimageLiteAddon.

4. Copier tout le dossier GoSoftimageLiteAddon et le coller dans C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4.0\ZStartup\ZPlugs.

5. Tres important, Renommer le GoSoftimageLiteAddon par GoSoftLiteData.

6. Ouvrer le dossier GoSoftLiteData/zcs/ et copier le document GoSoftLite.zsc dans C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4.0\ZStartup\ZPlugs

7. Fermer et ouvrer les applications a nouveau.

Tout est maintenant en place et fonctionne.

Dans Zbrush, dans le Tool panel vous verrai en dessous de Export l’onglet GoSoftimage Lite: GoSoftimageExp et GoSoftimageImp.

Dans Softimage, File/ GoSoftLiteExport et GoSoftLiteImport se trouve en dessous du Save As.

Thanks Steve, great compilation! Actually it worked very well here at my workplace, but I thuink the majority of problem is because of the double naming I used in my rush :frowning:

Thanks again!

@jester - thanx a lot ‘just’ for the ultra-smooth import-export function.

chem!