ZBrushCentral

ed209's SketchBook

Will do! Thanks for the support!

I really enjoy your work and I think you have really great talent!
Regarding last work I like the design but to push it a little bit further I suggest to add a small details/things that
differs from the overall shape like leafs in the previous monster you did, or some smaller parts of the body that gives a sense of proportion and overall detail.
Also I notice that you are making really nice and clean textures and it feels like this character is missing that :\

I hope this doesn’t sound too harsh because I really do like your work and I hope you best in the future.

That doesnt sound harsh at all , thank you for taking the time to give me an honest and fair critique and for the flattering comments.
I can try to explain my choices, it won’t change the result but I will try to do better next time and keep your crits in mind.

As far as the detail I was hoping the manta would do the same thing the leafs did on my previous character, wasn’t sure if it would have worked or not, another idea I had involved using replicators in modo and populating the character with small rocks.

And I approached texturing a different way, I tried using photoshop as little as I could. The texture are just generated from Substance Designer instead of being hand painted. Its still a rough process to me, I have alot to learn.

Its been a bit, but I’m dropping some of the Wildstar things I did in celebration of F2P. Hope you like!

Concept Artist responsible are in order of the asset. Click the name and check out the awesome work! My job would suck without these guys!

David Sladek
Johnson truong
jeff merghart
Kory Hubbell

Attachments

Awesome work! I love that Wildstar mount the rough metal work looks great. You’ve just reminded me to give the game a second try. How do you create such clean pieces in regards to the armour and metal plating? Is it all sculpted or modelled previously?

Jarran: Thank you it is much appreciated!
The mount done entirely in Zbrush with TrimDynamic as my main brush. For the armor, I made a quick zbrush sketch to get the general portions and exported out to Modo then I Retopo and creased the edges (creasing edges helps maintain the shapes when subdividing), I then imported the geometry back into Zbrush and added all the small details.

Its a similar technique that Micheal Pavlovich uses, but instead of building the geo in Zbrush I did it in modo.

I hope that helps.

Uploading some the work I’ve done, but didnt get a chance to post. First my entry Riot contest hosted on Polycount and second some face practice. Hope you enjoy!
07_Kog_EddieMunoz.jpg09_Kog_EddieMunoz.jpg14_Sketch_EddieMunoz.jpg15_Sketch_EddieMunoz.jpg16_Sketch_EddieMunoz.jpgBust2.jpg

Attachments

07_Kog_EddieMunoz.jpg

09_Kog_EddieMunoz.jpg

15_Sketch_EddieMunoz.jpg

Bust2.jpg

Been wanting to try out Substance Painter so I dug up an old model and played around with Substance Painter. I ended up re sculpting large areas and re baking, hope you enjoy!!
Zone.jpgZtwo.jpg21.jpg19_HammerHead_EddieMunoz.jpg

Attachments

Zone.jpg

Ztwo.jpg

21.jpg

Hello worked on this guy over the weekend, I tried doing a little exercise. I gave my self the same amount of time as was given in the sculpt off, I was able to finish the sculpt and the poly paint but I wasn’t able to finish the comp, maybe I can finish it some time this week. I also recorded myself during the session but my computer keeps crashing when trying to render the video out, hoping I can post that as well. Thank you and I hope you enjoy.
Highpoly.jpg

Attachments

Highpoly.jpg

FishColorZbrush.jpg

Finished the color version, render in Zbrush comped in Photoshop. Hope you enjoy.

Finally was able to get the video uploaded to youtube. Here is the quick version, and the longer version. The longer version might make it easier to see what I am doing in case any is wondering about something. Also sorry for the zoom-ins, I forgot to remove the feature when I was recording.

Short Version
https://youtu.be/2CrZ4ZTW_II

Longer Version

Very nicely done dude, the bust looks awesome, love the textures and details on it.

3d.Manic: Kinda late, but Thanks!

I’ve pretty bad about posting things, but guess better late than never.

I participated in the Substance Contest held over at polycount, was fun despite being in the middle of a move.
eddie-munoz-b-03.jpgeddie-munoz-story-01.jpgeddie-munoz-b-02.jpgeddie-munoz-wire-5.jpgBeast_04.jpg

This was an exercise to do an entire hard surface model in zbrush. I kinda chickened out after I did the first block in, I retopoed in topogun, some parts were done in modo, but a majory were done in Zbrush. I’ll try the hard surface thing again in the future.
eddie-munoz-hawkins-final.jpgeddie-munoz-highpoly.jpgeddie-munoz-wire.jpg

Attachments

eddie-munoz-b-03.jpg

Beast_04.jpg

eddie-munoz-b-02.jpg

eddie-munoz-hawkins-final.jpg

eddie-munoz-highpoly.jpg

eddie-munoz-story-01.jpg

eddie-munoz-wire-5.jpg

One of the pets I worked on for Wildstar. Concept by Johnson Truong. The bottom image is unlit.

Attachments

Some of the other pets I worked on while I was on Wildstar. Concepts by Johnson Truong and David Sladek. The pets for the game were some of the most enjoyable assets I got to work on.

PurtleClay.jpg
PurtleSculpt.jpg
PurtleIgameUnlit.jpg

Attachments

PurtleClay.jpg

PurtleIgameUnlit.jpg

PurtleSculpt.jpg

Concepts by Johnson Truong and David Sladek.

RockClay.jpg
Rock Sculpt.jpg
RockIngame.jpg

Attachments

RockIngame.jpg

RockClay.jpg

Rock Sculpt.jpg

Some of the avatar faces I was privileged to work on. Concepts by David Sladek and Johnson Truong.

Attachments

The last of my Wildstar assets I will post, Mechari Kitten all done in Zbrush. Concept by Johnson Truong.

MechariZRender.jpg
MechariClay.jpg
MechariUnlit.jpg
Mecharisculpttexture.jpg

Attachments

MechariClay.jpg

Mecharisculpttexture.jpg

MechariUnlit.jpg

MechariZRender.jpg

A sketch I started in clay then painted over in photoshop and finished in 3d. I should have just started with zbrush instead.

Brut.jpg
Brute.jpg

Attachments

Brute.jpg

Having fun.

PiraFishZbook.jpg

Attachments