ZBrushCentral

Asbjørn Nedrehagen's Sketchbook

Great work and thanks for the very informative breakdown : )

Well deserved Top Row!!

very cool work mate :+1:

Thank you all so much!

Michael - Thank you! And thanks for making awesome brushes, I have been using them for years! :smiley:

Astjid/ArtBot - Thank you, I am happy you like the breakdown :slight_smile:

Here’s a rough layout for how I want the tattoo to wrap. There will probably be some more adjustments when I have found the right tattoo artist :slight_smile:

wildlifeSleeveTattoo01.jpg

Attachments

wildlifeSleeveTattoo01.jpg

wow amazing work and really cool tutorial, thanks :slight_smile:

Amazing man, superb work.

Hi Zbrushers!

I know it’s not Christmas any more, and new years was a couple of weeks ago, but I just finished up my Christmas/New Years themed creature!

Behold the Merry New Year Monster!
High res version available at my Artstation
christmasCreature_FINAL_QHD_LOW.jpg

This was originally an old sketch I did while traveling home from Christmas back in 2016. Figured I would do a proper sculpt and finalize this guy.

I tried out a lot of various techniques and experimented a bunch before I was happy with the look for this piece (hence the delay). I wanted him to have very sharp and clean features both in the sculpt and with handpainted textures.
This led me to having a lot of the shading work done with hand painting, and have the sculpt support with some sharp highlights and smooth gradients.

CLAY RENDER
christmasCreature_CLAY_QHD.jpg

BRUSH GUIDE
I made a custom curve brush for the Christmas lights, which is available for download at my Gumroad
ChristmasLightsBrush_INFO.jpg

Sculpting is done in zBrush, colors are done both with polypaint and hand painted in substance painter. I did the final render in 3Delight for maya and the compositing in photoshop.

CHARACTER SHEETS
CharacterSheet_COLOR_1440.jpg

CharacterSheet_CLAY_1440.jpg

Have a great 2019!

Attachments

christmasCreature_FINAL_QHD_LOW.jpg

ChristmasLightsBrush_INFO.jpg

CharacterSheet_COLOR_1440.jpg

CharacterSheet_CLAY_1440.jpg

christmasCreature_CLAY_QHD.jpg

:D:D:D Funny concept. Thank you for the wishes and for the brush!!

What a fun character:+1:
Enjoyed catching up with your earlier posts also.
The free brush - much appreciated.