ZBrushCentral

3ds max 2008 - Zbrush 3.1 - 3ds max 2008 Workflow: Maybe The Only Solution?

Ok I’ve opend your supposed-to-be-a-displacement-map

1st off, what’s that? wire frames? shouldnt be there and have no idea why it’s there and how. Make sure you collapsed your unwrap UVW in max before export to zbrush.

and 2nd of all, displacement map is supposed to be white/grey/black colors.

Are you trying to firgure out how to use normal maps in MAX?

haha, well I don’t know why those are there. I was trying to export a normal map from zbrush to use in max. I really don’t know why there is a checker pattern there. I’ll upload the ztl file next, won’t hurt any lol. Check the page again and it should be there. This is my first time using zbrush after going through a bunch of tutorials so I won’t be surprised if I messed up something a long the way, this was a test before I did anything serious.

3am_ have you done a Uv Check for your model?
I opened you model in Zbrush 3.1 then did a Uv Check.
I have converted the resulting .psd to .jpg for reduced file size.
The resulting texture shows a lot of over laping Uv’s as the red indicates.
I suggest using Blender to unwrap the model the Cannedmushroom way.
Remember to make the unwrap Uv’s slightly smaller in scale so they do not reach outside the base region.

Attachments

head_export_TONY.jpg

Alright, I’ll give that a shot. I just got the video downloaded to see how he does it. I’ve not used blender before so I’ll have to read up a bit on that too. All of this seems pretty complicated right now for setting stuff up! :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh that’s not mine

blanktarget: I’ve checked your head obj and what the hell man? If you wanna test, use simple objects like a teapot?!. unwrap it properly (always double check if there is any overlapping verticies). good luck with it! :cool:

Well I wanted to play with zbrush and got a little carried away :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for pointing this stuff out though. I’ll grab blender when I get home from work tonight and give that a shot.

3am_ .,… no offence intended.:o
It was my mistake regarding the http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/newreply.php model.
This leaves me wondering how blanktarget’s project is progressing now that he has Blender.
I also found installing the latest version of Python gives me Collada full export in Blender.
The Collada export allows you to export Blender then import into Unrealed for UT3 map content:)

Hey thanks for checking up on this :slight_smile: I haven’t had a chance to work on it again just yet, got really swamped with other projects and stuff. I hope to work on it late tonight or tomorrow :slight_smile:

hey, theres a thread on this subject of renderings displacements in max
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=52762
ive tried rendering in mentalray and in vray and both work exellent
the tutorials is in spanish, but if you wanna give it a shot and cant read spanish maybe i can ask the author to let me transalte it
good luck

Hi, i dunno if this might help those who want a zbrush to max pipeline
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=59918

It seems Zbrush - Max integration looks more easy and fluent than Zbrush/Maya workflow.

True. :confused: