ZBrushCentral

27 days and counting

@nebular thank you :blush:
I’m almost done with the last Diorama character.
After that I will do the clothes and props.
And then one more step to refine the actin and expressions of all the characters.

End of the eleventh day

2 Likes

Agree with @nebular Asymmetrical anatomy sculpting is not an easy job…seeing your progression is very cool. Difficult exercise for you, super enjoyable to us :wink: and it’s looking very nice.
Jaime

1 Like

thank you @Jaime, I’m very happy that you all are enjoying :relaxed:
My idea for this character is that he conveys the sensation of agony and movement.
I’ll still have a chance to get back to him and refine more, but now that I have a good foundation for all the elements of the scene, It’s time to block the props and the few clothes that some characters have :joy:
End of the twelfth day.

2 Likes

This looks very good.
but a suggestion: pose the left hand with more ephases on the agony the fellow feels being on the brink of death and don’t follow the gesture in the drawing…there is does not matter but here it looks he is holding a missing object.

1 Like

@kamion Thank you for your feedback.
I’ll try to make this hand more expressive, I’ll try to bring some more agony to the acting :blush:
Today I did not have much time to work but I managed to position the bow.
End of the thirteenth day.

4 Likes

Nice work. Great to see a finished illustration style. Thank you for sharing. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

1 Like

Thank you @gabo1991 :blush:
I will start my vacation day 23 :beach_umbrella::earth_americas::compass:
So now I have 13 more days to finish this diorama
I’m making small advances, working on the hatchet and some thongs :joy:

3 Likes

I loved everything about this work, the dynamic poses, multiple characters, the anatomy and the fact that you used the manequins to plan the scene before hand, I will try to incorporate it to my work also… Nice work Deyrck well done

1 Like

Can’t wait until this is done @Deryck, really cool to see your work in progress, puts things into perspective…a lot of hard work!!! :slight_smile:
Jaime

1 Like

Thank you @WaleedAbid, manequins are great for this, it is lot of fun for make and plan scenes like this one, thanks for the kind words :blush:

@Jaime We have already passed more than halfway, I will to finish in time, I can already feel the sand and the water of the beach wetting my feet :joy::joy::joy:

yesterday I couldn’t make a post here, so here’s a compilation of the fifteenth and sixteenth days.
Still a lot of work ahead, and from now on the changes get more subtle, and the sense of evolution starts to wane, I have to stay focused to finish everything with the quality I want.

3 Likes

beautiful choice and great progress so far. so much anatomy behind this make the piece even more artistic, so natural.
congratulations! can’t wait to see it finished!

1 Like

thank you @bolsonister I really appreciate that :blush:
Days seventeen and eighteen, small progress on hand gesture of the hero and a little bit of work on the hair of the apeman.

2 Likes

End of day nineteen.

2 Likes

This is my favourite show since game of thrones :wink:
It’s going on so well. Great inspiration!

1 Like

Agree with Nebular, it’s mine too.
Do you intend to texturise the figures or will they stay clay coulered?

1 Like

Tks @nebular and @kamion :blush::blush::blush: I’m glad you guys are enjoying the process and following everything.
@kamion
I have only a few days, so I’ll probably do a well done clay render.
To sculpt the base I basically used the amazing brush pack Sculpted Rock Brushes from Jonas ronnegard.

Here’s the end of chapter 21 hope you guys enjoy.

I meant day 21. :joy:

6 Likes

Amazing @Deryck :clap::clap::clap:
Jaime

1 Like

I have reached the end of this study.
It was a very fun model to make.
My concern here was to try to capture the movement and the main shape.
Here are a few more images of each separate ZBrush element and some renders, so I basically used a rect light and a dome light to try to find a light with good contrast and drama.
Thank you very much everyone who followed the whole process and for all the kind words I hope you enjoy the end result.
For those attending this year’s ZBrush Summit, enjoy it a lot, I’ll follow you on YouTube.
But by 2020, it’s already combined with my friends and we’ll be there again.
I will now take my deserved vacation
Deryck Pellegrini

1 Like

2 Likes

AMAZING project @Deryck, thank you so much for sharing this inspiring work progress with us while on your vacation. Go enjoy your deserved holidays! :slight_smile:
Jaime

1 Like