Hi tez! I tried to implement your suggestions about my character. I also made a basic texture and exported my sculpt into Blender for more close to real lighting and shading. The result is still killing me and with introducing colors the difference becomes even more drastic.
Anyways, here is the list of things I have changed:
- I made her skull wider (zygomatic arches and lower jaw). Mainly did changes to her right side since it is bigger than left one. Still might be not enough, but I just afraid to make her too masculine
- Lowered the nose, mouth and chin a bit
- The eyelid thickness was already fine. It was just eyelashes growing from wrong place, hiding the major part of the lid.
- Made a temporal line more defined though with soft lighting it might not be so obvious.
- Reworked areas below the eyes and around the lip. Her cheeks are so tricky - they appear reduced and flat in profile but in some photos they look quite prominent. I bet this is due to the makeup (you know when they paint highlights and shadows on top of the skin to fool a viewer)
- Did small tweaks to her chin, brow-ridges and mouth corners.
Obvious problems right now are:
- Overall WIP quality of the render. So please ignore simplistic shader (here it is just SSS with color plus basic reflections, nothing more)
- Weird brows. I was playing with randomization of children strands and it made them too bushy. Also their color should be lighter.
- Her mouth is still bothering me. Especially the upper lip. Proportionally it is more or less OK (on some photos it is even more plump) but just doesn't look right. Maybe I should reduce some volumes below hence making the bottom edge fall into shadow which in turn will make it slimmer. Or maybe it is just because the absence of details...
- On some photos there is distinct groove separating Orbicularis oris from the mass of the chin. This makes her face a bit frowned and child-like. Tried making this but always looks wrong, so decided to leave as is.
- Irises look bigger. I think this will not ruin the face
- Yes, she looks so different in many photos. I'm aiming more to those photos with very soft lighting in the center of my reference board.
- Skin color might be too yellowish. Damn it, I really have problems with color perception.