ZBrushCentral

Earthtribers Sketchbook

Hi Guys it seems I too am a Zbrusherholic… my addiction has been developing in to a full blown habit over the past year… I am actually a mural artist who specializes in painting ultra violet paintings…

when developing my art skill I used a lot of Fimo and sculpy to make a multitude of characters when I was at college and I also trained as a traditional 3d animator... worked for spitting image for a while and then gave it all up to go live in the jungle for 4 years where I started painting.... 

Then I found the wonderment Zbrush and have enjoyed watching this forum for some time... last night I did a sketch which I love and now feel like I am ready to start sharing my work with you guys hoping that your crits and advice can help take me to the next level and I would love to work as a freelance modeller and character designer....

I am in need of switching my aspire 6920 to a 64bit O system and getting another gig of ram to start handling the size of models I am approaching as I travel a lot and work from my laptop.....
 normally using my wacom tablet but that has been out of action for a month now with usb wiring issues so limited to my touchpad on my laptop but happy with my progress... 

[![ploymesh queen colour.jpg|800x600](upload://h24D0hA635rfVn5YgL6O7qAu56u.jpeg)]![ZBrush Drag.jpg|960x720](upload://2bV2R2HLpQGPDF4JTJy3adeoQt6.jpeg)

well I hope you enjoy these.... I look forward to some helpful direction 

thanks guys:)

Attachments

tq zsphere base.jpg

ZBrush dragon works.jpg

drag torso.jpg

lrgthumwizard fig.jpg

ape kong.jpg

kong et logo1.jpg

ZBrush doctor in the nod.jpg

tq adaptive base.jpg

[dragon teeth.jpg]

dragon teeth created I want to build interior of the mouth can anyone guide me to a good tutorial for animate-able structure… the teeth still have to be laid out on the interior and a tongue would be great to make room for some flames…

now to work out where the reigns go?

this is kindv’e old, but i believe it still applies:

http://www.thehobbitguy.com/tutorials/polymodeling/page11.html

[chinese heads.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘159045’,‘chinese%20heads%20unsym%20detailed.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

chinese heads unsym detailed.jpg

this morning |I have been reworking an old sculpture as part of a series of elders I one day would love to animate…

added a few poses here of the progress and wanted to ask about topo someone mentioned that even sized squares is a good thing to keep in mind but then when animating you need edge flow…

also some gnome tutorials I have seen say that you can have very large squares in non detailed areas? any thought welcomed

[rasta topo.jpg]rasta start finish.jpg

Cute style.
Love the dragon :+1: !

thanks asecbrush…

<object width=“640” height=“505”><param name=“movie” value=“http://www.youtube.com/v/uKBbY_b7k00&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00”></param><param name=“allowFullScreen” value=“true”></param><param name=“allowscriptaccess” value=“always”></param><embed src=“http://www.youtube.com/v/uKBbY_b7k00&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true” width=“640” height=“505”></embed></object>

Nice work man looking good,

the real reason is to ask for the song you’re using in the vid :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s a song i’ve forgotten all about so thanks for reminding me,

now all I need is a name…:wink:

funny enough the track is in youtube free tunes under hiphop and is by Pharcyde called “passin me by” there is also an amazing mix by nightmares on wax which is timeless too… i think on Car boot soul album… and if you want to go waaaaaaaaay back to the original its “Summer In the city” by the Great Quincy Jones find it on spotify for free listening… enjoy

[Ztribe.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘159179’,‘Ztribe.jpg’,1,0))

TRIBAL ELDERS refining the sketches I have so far long way to go with this project… the top row are reworked bottom row is kind of where they were all at for a while… this forum is an inspiration to push harder thanks guys

[rider 2.jpg]

this morning working the dragon rider… want something unusual elegant and ethereal for this working on the dragon being my best digital piece yet want to take this to the limit of my skills and maybe a bit beyond too… planing to go to town on the amour.

I tried some photo shop to raise the image … I like the simple form of her face and the necklace reminds me of a dream I had years ago…

[tree queen.jpg]

Hey dude ! Some good work here, but i want to be sure ? Are you using your laptop touchpad ? o___O
Anyway some good pieces, but i recommand not to work to much with cavity mapcaps, as the startup red matcap. It can hides some important details.
Seems like you are sculpting the main shapes at a too high level of subdivision, try to focus on the main shapes at a low level as much as possible. Seems also like you use too much the standard brush, wich is great for main shapes but not always the best for details. Try clay and clay tubes, it’s great for building muscles, even facial muscles.
The tribal elders looks good dragon also, but the best might be the alien head. :slight_smile:
Last thing, beware with the shoulderparts of your dragon rider, if it goes under the armpit, the movements won’t be easy. And the arms looks a bit short, even if he’s not human.

Keep up the ggod job. :wink:

Thanks Hellgrind…

yes fully restricted to touch pad! for all of these sculpts as my ten year tablet bust at the connection point where the wires joined the tablet and after a couple of soldering errors decided to upgrade… so selling a pocket projector on ebay so I can buy a wacom intuos 4 medium… as I feel that will be best for travelling… I cant wait for that freedom to return… it will be like upgrading from a mini to a Ferrari…

just started recently using that exact technique and went on the hunt for good anatomy books… I was not using standard brush but close i was easing the focus on the inflate and dropping the intensity to try and get wrinkles developed on my elders faces…

very excited about whats coming next and loving where my dragon rider is headed now… will remove the under side of the shoulder pad and maybe replace with strapping?

heres a look at where the rider is now

[dragon rider2.jpg]dragon rider.jpg

[chinese elder.jpg]

recent work developing wrinkle techniques critics very welcome how do I make it look better guys?

my feeling is the skin on the dragon is a bit over the top… but i am enjoying the feel of the whole model any ideas anyone when the plugins like transpose and subtoolmaster will be coming out… or does anyone know good tutorials on how to pose a figure without transpose master?

[dragon rider.jpg]

this is looking pretty sweet. my only thing is that the guy is really exaggerated in the face and head but the dragon has a typical dragon look…maybe you can exaggerate him more? but this is being nitpicky, the sculpt looks great!

thanks sarakawa I will definitely have a crack at stretching it out when I pose the beast… very exciting about having time with the plugins again thanks pixologic you guys rule!!

here are a couple of sketches i did last night

feathers will be done again… love the face but cant seem to get the expression quite right …

[ZBrush Document.jpg]ZBrushmongolian.jpg

[ZBrush Document elder.jpg]

everything above the shoulders looks beautiful!!! keep it up. cant wait to see what the finished product looks like.