ZBrushCentral

Spimmy's Book of Sketches

Well I have finally decided to start a ZBrush Sketchbook, although I haven’t finished my funky assassin character, which I will try to do.

So I have started work on a Dragonball character: Krilin. Still early days, just trying to get the proportions and base features sorted out first, still working on that, nearly there hopefully.

His hands need alot of work for sure :stuck_out_tongue:

Krilin_01.jpg

Hey spimmy, great to see new stuff from you. :slight_smile:

I´ve never watched Dragonball so I don´t know the original Krilin
but looks like a good start to me.
Hope to see a new upate of the assasin character, too. :wink:

Hey thanks Moni, been so busy at work so haven’t really had the chance to get back into ZBrush :cry: , but I’m trying to do some when I can. Great to see you getting a sketch book up and going!! Pretty awesome :cool:

Well I have worked a little bit more on Krilin, added his shirt, teeth, proportioned his hands, feet, body and head (everything really :slight_smile: ). I pushed his legs backand further out to give him more dramatic posture. Anyway hopefully he looks better than before.

Krilin_02.jpg

I have now started to work in some creases in Krilins trousers, and added a base colour with a different material for the clothes (I think I made the clothes too red though, so will change that so it is more Orange).

I also decided it would be cool if the dragonball was on the ground in beded in the sand, and the base would be a desert scene with cartoon sand blowing across. I am also thinking of getting smoke coming from the fists as he charges up. But these are just thoughts at the moment :stuck_out_tongue: .

Krilin_03.jpg

Great to see a sketchbook from you dude :+1:

Thanks Captain Sensible, it’s difficult to get artwork done at home, and thought having a sketchbook will help encourage me to do so. Unfortunately I seem to end up with WIP’s :cry: .

So here is my other work in progress “The Funky Assassin” I thought it best to add it to my Sketchbook rather than having a separate thread for him. I will try my best to get these 2 works in progress done before working on anything else :stuck_out_tongue:

Hunter07.jpg

Attachments

Hunter08.jpg

I agree. Sketchbooks are a good idea. They are good for the artist who owns them and good for everyone else who views them cos they can see all your stuff at once. Also helps to declutter the main forum.

Nice start on the funky assassin. My only crit would be that he seems to have an extra joint in his thumb.

Cool thanks Captain for pointing the thumb out, will definately fix that! :+1:

Anyways here is an update on Krilin, slowly (very slowly) getting there!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Trying to get a facial expression and adding the main features on him.

Krilin_04.jpg

I like his facial expression! :evil: :mad: :slight_smile:
You´re also working on the funky Assasin?

hehe krilin ! great idea !
I hop you finish it !
Great start:+1:

Thanks Moni, glad you liked the facial expression :cool: . Yeah, I still want to finish the Funky Assassin, but I see him more of something I can train on and develop from I guess :confused: :idea: .

Thanks OlirO, I hope I finish him too :smiley: .

Anyway, I continued working on Krilin’s head adding abit more details and cleaning up places that looked wrong, so here he is now. Unfortunately my machine doesn’t have enough RAM to go any higher, so want to know what the best way of getting more polys in the head without losing the lower subd levels please?

Krilin_05.jpg

Attachments

Hunter09.jpg

Well here is a small update on the Funky Assassin, looking at a facial expression for him. I came up with this, so hopefully it looks cool:

Facial Expression.jpg

I am hopefully going to get the mouth done and have his teeth biting into the cigar. I am also redoing his hair making them larger strands, which I think will look nicer.

As for Krilin I am going to change him from a full body to a torso bust model so that I can free up some polys to add more smoother details to his face.

Attachments

Facial Expression_01.jpg

I have done a quick paint over to see what clothes and may be accessories I could add. Thought a Bandana would be cool on him, or maybe not. But I always wanted him to wear a turtle neck sweater :stuck_out_tongue:

Hunter Outfit.jpg

Hmpf… I didn´t see all these updates. Oops. :slight_smile:
Good progress! I love the overpaint. And hehe…yeah te sweater looks nice!
Are you already working on the clothes at the moment?

Nice paint over. I think the bandana might work better if he had a pony tail too. Or maybe I just have a kind of hell’s angel in mind.

Thanks Moni and Captain, Glad you guys liked the Paint over.

Moni: Yeah I have started to block out his torso and the Bandana, trying to really get the arm posed with the hand better, which seems to be a bit difficult to get right at the moment. But yeah starting to work on the clothes. I also am thinking of giving him a gun holster and pistol.

Captain: I was thinking of some sort of ponytail, but not sure, guess see how he develops, he could end up being anything to be honest, Pirate, Assassin, Biker… I think he is losing his assassin status, but I think he needs something on that big old head of his :slight_smile:

Finally got Funky’s Torso in and Posed, still need a bit of work to tidy up the Torso, but hopefully will get on to making it look like he is wearing a sweater. Although I will probably work on a basic Bandana first, before detailing the sweater.

Of course still alot of work to do on the head and hands :rolleyes: , but it’s getting there, once again very slowly :stuck_out_tongue:

Hunter_body.jpg

I just remembered I hadn’t posted my Action Hero Entry in my Sketch Book. So here is :stuck_out_tongue: . Apologies to all who have seen it already.

FINAL_COVER.jpg

I have been working on getting the folds in his clothes looking right, still work to do on it. However I wanted to start also blocking out the Bandana, and thought to myself he might be quite awesome as a military commander with one of those old fashioned metal helmets.

I don’t know any more which way to take him really, since he was just a practice model initially and didn’t have any ideas on where to take the design really, anyway here is what he looks like at the moment:

Hunter_Clothes.jpg

Although I am still working on the Funky Assassin (whose name I am going to change to “The General” since I have decided he is going to be military) and need to finish Krilin (I will probably try to finish Krilin off first, since I am not going to texture him, but leave him cartoony flat colours), I thought I would try to concept up a character for my next ZBrush Model.

I thought I would do something less cartoony for my next character, and came up with this Lizard Warrior. I will probably add some more detail to the concept, such as belts, more accessories and a weapon. It’s just nice to take a break from modelling and do ome concepting :cool: .

Warrior_Lizard.jpg

I do have a couple of other ideas too, one is the little dwarf in a Rabbit suit character I designed for the Super Hero Contest, and something else which I need to concept and post later.

But be great to finish something first :stuck_out_tongue: