ZBrushCentral

simple workflow scripts

***Instructions - simply extract all of the contents from each .zip into your Zstartup/Zplugs folder and then in zbrush under Zplugin you will see a “E” panel – where each of these plug-ins reside. ***

Note - Most of these are updates for zbrush 3.0, please do not download the older scripts in this thread from before zbrush 3.0 was released.

Most of these are really only useful with the Hot key Editor ([i]which isn't out yet for zb3, if anyone wants any of these assigned to a specific hotkey let me know[/i]) since they are just simple scripts that automate basic zbrush commands. 

But I really find it speeds up my work flow to use them as hotkeys.

Big thanks to Marcus who helped me out with a few of these

1. <b>unhide_focus</b> - (*update for zb3) an update of "PivotClear_center", it will un-hide all of your model an center it on the canvas.

2. <b>focus_obj</b> - (*update for zb3) an update of "PivotLocal_center", it will zoom in on your model and focus on it while maintaining you objects center.

3. <b>shadows</b> - toggles displaying shadows on your model on and off.

4. <b>quick_mode</b> - toggles quick mode on and off.

5. <b>perspective</b> - toggles perspective camera on and off and also sets it's focal shift to 80.

6. <b>mud_matLi</b> - (*update for zb3) mimics Mudbox's material and light set up.

7. <b>minSubD </b>- (*update for zb3) automatically goes to the highest sub d level of your model (faster than going through them manually).

8. <b>maxSubD</b> - (*update for zb3) automatically goes to the lowest sub d level of your model (faster than going through them manually).

9. <b>marqee</b> - toggles marquee selection mode with lasso selection mode. 

10. <b>m_avg3</b> - sets your mouse average to 3.

11. <b>group_vis</b> - automatically creates a polygroup for whatever you have visible.

12. <b>dis_double</b> - toggles displaying back facing polys of your model on and off.

13. <b>default_matLi</b> - automatically loads the default zbrush3 material and light.

14. <b>custom_UI</b> - this script will turn on custom UI mode.

15. <b>brushes</b> - these are all of the default zbrush brushes.

16. <b>alt_brush</b> - this will set your "alt brush size" (the brush size that displays when you hold down "shift") to "1" instead of the default "2".

17. <b>bumpmap </b>- (*update for zb3) Working with bump maps in zbrush3.0 is very tedious so I made this script in conjunction with alph2txt and txt2alph to speed up the process. This script just takes out all the tedious parts of setting you up to create a bump map. Such as, it automates setting your RGB color to 128, 128, 128 for a total 50% grey map. And then creates a 4096 x4096 texture off of that color and then loads the bump viewer material. And then sets your RGB color to 255, 255, 255. It also sets your DSmooth to "1" to minimize PM artifacts. It also loads in lights that make it easier to see what you are doing when . All that stuff gets pretty annoying to set up every single time.

18. <b>txt2alph</b> - (*update for zb3)Working with bump maps in zbrush3.0 is very tedious so I made this script in conjunction with "alph2txt" and "bumpmap" to speed up the process. This script converts your bump map from a texture to a an alpha and then sets the displacement mode to off and the intensity to 10. It also loads in a material and lighting that are more intuitive for showing off your model and the bump map. This is for quick viewing of your bump map in real time with your diffuse texture. 

19. <b>alph2txt</b> - (*update for zb3) Working with bump maps in zbrush3.0 is very tedious so I made this script in conjunction with txt2alph and bumpmap to speed up the process. This script converts your bump map from a alpha to a texture in zbrush quickly so you can work on it more in PM. It also reloads the bumpviewer material for you and loads in lights that make it easier to see what you are doing when using the bump viewer material. 

20. <b>Es_scripts</b> - a .zip file that contains all of my scripts in one download!

thanks a lot :]

Nice one –E-- Very kind of you to update these useful scripts :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Chris

Hey -E-, thanks a lot for your scripts. I only use one (mudbox brush shortcuts), but it’s VERY useful.

One little request thou, if you dont mind :slight_smile: Is there any chances that the values of each brush aren’t reset when using your script? For example: I like to set pinch brush to a high raise value. If i switch to standard brush, this value is kept, but when i hit “5”, and return to the pinch brush, the raise value is set to default 10.

This happens with all other brushes when using the shortcuts as well.

what you think? is it possible?

thanks in advance

Thanks, these are quite useful. One question though is there a way to edit the script files? For instance I prefer my mouse average to be set to 4 rather than 3, and my alt brush size to be set to 1.3 rather than 1.

Thanks, again.

…cewl, useful job -E- m8y :slight_smile:

thanks a lot…

-cheerZZZ- :cool:

HI E, than for your scripts…I was wondering if you could write a script that could convert a folder of objs into ztools and have them loaded into the tool menu…

I figured I would post my smooth brushes over here to so more people will have acess to them…

Here are some smooth brush variations that I have made to try to get back to the default in zb2.

I personally use “new_smooth3” the most. To me it is the closest to zb2.

Included are 3 new variations that you can use to see what works best for you. Also included is the default zb3.1 smooth brush so you can see how different these new brushes are from the default 3.1 brush.

All of these scripts will change your smooth brush settings and then return back to the standard brush. So to use it, just hold down shift, or manually select the smooth brush after you run the script.

Instructions:
simply extract all of the contents from each .zip into your Zstartup/Zplugs folder and then in zbrush under Zplugin you will see a “E” panel where each of these plug-ins reside.

Thanks ERic.I wish we could repay your for all the efforts you And the other Coding Stars at Zb put into improving the zbrush experience.

I like smooth3 too. anyone else using it?

Thomasphoneix - Glad you like it :wink:

I tweaked the smooth brush again. I like it better than new_smooth3.

It is essentially the default smooth brush with a reset smooth curve and the intensity tweaked. I am not using the brush mod on this one. try it out! *** Instructions: simply extract all of the contents from each .zip into your Zstartup/Zplugs folder and then in zbrush under Zplugin you will see a “E” panel where each of these plug-ins reside. ***

This script will automate turning on poseable symmetry, whether or not your entire model is displayed

disclaimer use this script at your own risk, it has been known to freeze up zbrush on polygon counts over 2 million.

*** Instructions:

simply extract all of the contents from each .zip into your Zstartup/Zplugs folder and then in zbrush under Zplugin you will see a “E” panel where each of these plug-ins reside.

Thank you for all these great stuff

Run this script while your model is set to its highest sub d level. This script creates a simple and quick ambient occlusion map.

NOTES: ***

• Your model has to have UV’s on it in order for this script to work correctly. AUV tiles is fine.

• This script usually works best when ran on your models highest sub d level, but occasionally you will want to drop down one or two sub d levels to get better results.

• Also, occasionally you may want to manually blur the mask once or twice more after it is done running

Try it out and tell me what you think! :D *** Instructions: Simply extract all of the contents from each .zip into your Zstartup/Zplugs folder and then in zbrush under Zplugin you will see a “E” panel where each of these plug-ins reside. ***

shadows 3.5 - This is an update from the my old shadow .zsc. It has been made to work with 3.5. This script will toggle the preview shadows on and off and it will make them render faster and in my opinion look better. :wink:

reset transforms - This script sets the currently active tools export > scale to “1” and the export x,y,z to 0,0,0. For when you want to reset the current transforms. It will also turn on merg UV’s, because hoenlsty who doesnt want their UV’s to be merged?

Instructions:

Simply extract all of the contents from each .zip into your Zstartup/Zplugs folder and then in zbrush under Zplugin you will see a “E” panel where each of these plug-ins reside.

I created my own import and export buttons that automatically flip the UV’s of .obj’s when they are imported/exported.

I found it really tedious always having to vertically flip my textures and also things like “tool > UV > Morph UV” are a just waaay cooler when your UV’s are oriented correctly.

Ideally I think this should be an incorporated option into the “Preferences Importexport options” There are already a lot of options for flipping textures but not UVs, seems kind odd to me. My scripting knowledge isn’t great enough to have this be a toggle button that would run automatically like the rest of those buttons though… =/

***Anyway, these scripts are meant to be used together as they only Flip the UVs so that your UVs and textures are not upside down in zbrush. ***

Instructions:
simply extract all of the contents from each .zip into your Zstartup/Zplugs folder and then in zbrush under Zplugin you will see a “E” panel – where each of these plug-ins reside.

import_flip_uv_v.zsc
This script opens the import .obj dialogue box and then automatically flips the .obj’s UV’s Vertically for viewing of textures and UV’s correctly inside of zbrush.

export_flip_uv_v.zsc
This script automatically flips the selected tools UV’s vertically then opens the export dialogue box, then flips the tools UVs back again after export. This script is used in conjunction with “import_flip_UV_V” script. If you don’t flip your UV’s back before exporting than your UV’s will be flipped in whatever other application you are viewing your .obj in.