ZBrushCentral

Halloween Challenge 2008 - Max Calò

I modeled this one in Zbrush out of Zspheres a few months ago, I always meant to finish it properly, I just spotted the challenge so I dusted it out and started addressing issues. I’ll try to texture it and put it into an appropriate context.
This is just a grey Matcap fiddled with in Photoshop, I also added the light in Photoshop.

[ATT=]Sleeper-Halloween-2008-02.jpg[/ATT]

Attachments

Sleeper-Halloween-2008-02.jpg

Can anybody tell me why this image shows only as a thumbnail? What have I done wrong?

You can paste the code it gives you into the message. how do you upload multiple images though?

A Hallowen Gremlin type of creature has found comfortable lodging in my computer, somewhere around my C drive so I’ll have to set for this one that I rendered the other day.
[[attach=113259]Sleeper-Halloween-2008-06.jpg[/attach]]Sleeper-Halloween-2008-06.jpg

On second thought, here’s my final submission
[Sleeper-Halloween-2008-final.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘113260’,‘Sleeper-Halloween-2008-final.jpg’,1,0))

:laughing: I really like that. You should texture and post it when you get a chance.:+1:

Thanks, I will add details and texture and it will be soon. I had textured yesterday, I started working on after work at about 8pm and in a frantic race against time I arrived at rendering stage at 11:30pm only to discover that the changes that I was applying to the cat material were applied to the teapot. I saved it and restarted only to find the file corrupted and untextured throughout with the exception of the floor. A huge disappointment but not too unexpected as my computer is not actually up to the job of handling large files with zbrush. I took it easy as I have a new machine delivered on Monday and I can look forward to a less frustrating future.

love this model :smiley:

The cats face is great :+1:

I finally managed to detail it and texture it, I post this now, later on I’ll add more shots and a turntable.

[Sleeper-full-colour-render-3-comp.jpg]

Ha! Very cool ectoplasmic effect with the cat. Nice work on the guy’s expression too. :+1:

The sepia toned one has a nice dreamy effect too, maybe cuz it fades into blackness.

Thanks Marsyas, yes, that sepia thing is always such instant gratification that it’s hard then to do anything that beats it unless you do a lot of work, it should be illegal really.
I think I’ll have to do some further posing to get good shots actually, moving that cat around, but I must re-do the ectoplasmic side of the cat with zspheres to have some poseable geometry first because that’s a mesh extraction, i.e. crazy geometry.

A detail of the face and two turnarounds, one textured and one with just a matcap.

[Sleeper-face.jpg]Sleeper-turn-matcap.gif

Attachments

Sleeper-turn-colour.gif

Hehe, it’s cool to see that tangled mess turnaround. I need to try that gif turnaround thing–I don’t like how the compressed videos usually come out.

Hi Marsyas, I too find the Youtube compression offensive. The gif thing is easy, load the Zbrush video in Photoshop (import > Video Frames as layers), set the layout to video so that you have the window of the timeline open, then you can decide how many frames you want (15 in this case) by deleting the unwanted (every other frame for example), then you set the delay of each frame (1 second for me) and save for the web, choose gif and and set the size so that the gif output has less that 300 Kbyes (or you won’t be bale to post it here), if you don’t have CS4 you have to set the size before entering the save for the web window so it’s a bit of guesswork. You can also reduce the size by reducing the number of colours of the gif. Hope this helps.

Thanks, maxinkuk! :slight_smile: I’ll have to try that.