ZBrushCentral

Slangford's Z-Sketchs

So I have been checking out all these awesome threads and finally decided I needed to start one of my own. I know I could use the crits, and hopefully you guys will push me to finish one or two. :smiley:

So heres my current WIP. Its based off of Cam de Leon’s “Fishboys”.
Slangford-FishboysWip1.jpg

This is crazy! Oh wow. You should pose them to where they could stand on their own as a 3d print and get it done. Not only should you finish it as a rendered illustration as well, animate too it if you have the means. It would be freaky to see crawling around. Very creepy and creative, good sculpting too. :+1:

Very interesting concept
and very creepy :slight_smile:

thats really nice.scary fella.James is right would like too see him rigged up:).

Very creepy
 Those big handed guys were a part of nvidias Luna demo some years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEWsZgtZvns
I sure hope nvidia payed mr Cam for using his artwork
 :rolleyes:

As you can see, it’s at least credited here though.

It was cool to see them animated in that vid, but I would like to see them crawling around crazily, rather than floating in the air with slow smooth animation. I think they would look better animated like spiders or something. That was a cool vid though.

Thanks guys!
I would like to say Im excited about the nvidia video, but Im actually alittle bummed out that someone has already done this. Oh well. :smiley:

I actually plan on them having alittle animation, but Im going to stay much closer to the original artwork. It will be very subtle movement.

Here are some more shots.
Slangford-FishboysWip2b.jpg

Attachments

Slangford-FishboysWip3.jpg

Thats great, nice smooth flow and like the matcap, is that a preset or a custom one?

That looks really amazing, and very freaky! Ironically, while in school today, I had the idea of making something thin, with huge hands and long fingers, and planned on making it when I got home today. And when I do, I see that somebody’s already created it, and it looks freakin’ awesome lol!!!

:+1: :+1:
Oh yes

wow
really creepy :smiley:

love them!

Very cool work, I realize the concept’s not yours but still, thanks for sharing this, it is quite inspirational :slight_smile:

Thanks for the comments guys :slight_smile:

Tez: The material is “RS_OilClayRed” from Ralf Stumph’s Zmaterial set at Gnomonology. http://gnomonology.com/prod/19/39

I thought I should show the concept incase someone hasnt seen Cam’s fantastic work.
[attach=111010]fishboys_sml.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

fishboys_sml.jpg

Heres a couple of sketches I did awhile back.
This pirate was part of a ‘speed sculpt’ challenge at 3dtotal.com that I plan to tighten up and finish one day.
[attach=110952]Slangford-PirateWIP1.jpg[/attach]

This is my friend “HorseFace”. He started out as a practice sketch but I am currently working on a full body sculpt. Let me know what you guys think. :smiley:
Slangford-HorseFaceWIP1b.jpg

Attachments

Slangford-PirateWIP1.jpg

WICKED :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Horse face f%$*ing rocks!!

Very dynamic, and horrible. I love it :smiley:

Horse face is very expressive work - great :+1:

So I just finished the SpeedSculpt Challenge over at 3dtotal.com. They provided the simple base mesh for the staff and three boxes to use as trinkets. The theme was a ‘Magical Staff’ and had to be completed in under 5 hours.

slangford_staff_final1.jpg

Attachments

slangford_staff_final2.jpg

cool one! :+1:

I love it. Remember the Devil in Time Bandits? . . . Wicked

Terrific!