ZBrushCentral

Train's Sketchbook

Hi,
i decided to create my own sketchbook too, here on ZBrushCentral :slight_smile:

The first thing i will start with, is a non-organic object i created in ZBrush:
My first HD-boots i ever made :smiley:
Still have to change a few things but here is a first preview.
C&C is always welcome.
Hope you like it.

S.W.A.T. Boots 1270 - Maya Mental Ray
boots.jpg

Attachments

boots-zbrush.jpg

closeup.jpg

nice boots man!! i thought it was a picture at first!
u did an excellent texture job.

nerveink: thanks! I like the materials you made!

Here is a preview of a sword from a character iā€™m currently working on.
Just a small render and texture test:
sword_prev.jpg

Some Soccer Shoes for a character iā€™m currently working on. Still not finished, i have to change a few things. But here is a little preview.
C&C always welcome!

soccer.jpg

Attachments

soccer2.jpg

Some simple legwarmers. Will post the full character soonā€¦
stulpen.jpg

Full character, but still not finished.
Some things are missing. hope to finish the character this weekend. c&c welcome

removed the pic. donā€™t want to risk pitchepuck is telling her. sorry!:stuck_out_tongue:

For the base mesh i used the mesh by Nick Zuccarello! :slight_smile:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=61792&highlight=nick
Thanks a lot!

oh no, not Gothic Sportsssss !!!
right?
anike hage is a friend of mineā€¦ thatĀ“s because I know these manga comics. I donĀ“t like manga so muchā€¦
but go onā€¦anike will be amused about this :smiley:
IĀ“ll show her the final picture then :stuck_out_tongue:

@Pitchepuck:
yeah itā€™s GS g
I know Anike too :stuck_out_tongue:
Please donā€™t show her. I want to show her the finished pic by myself :frowning:

Btw: Dein HedgeHog ist echt geil geworden und GlĆ¼ckwunsch zum Gewinn :slight_smile:

hahaā€¦
I try to keep my mouth shut :smiley:
maybe IĀ“ll see her tomorrowā€¦

Ok, here is the final image. Itā€™s a Fanart from the main character of the german manga series ā€œGothic Sportsā€ by Anike Hage.
I know she looks more like a dollā€¦ had some problems to create a nice facial expression. Hope you like it:)
anya-gs.jpg

@Pitchepuck:Habs Anike schon gezeigt :stuck_out_tongue: Ihr hats gefallen :slight_smile:

First time i worked with Geometry HD
panda.jpg

Attachments

panda2.jpg

2.jpg

Attachments

1.jpg

WOW that Panda is amazing.
How did you get the fur to look like that is it a texture or just lots and lot of time and effort?
Thanks in adavance Ryan.

Rlewisrlo66: Thanks Ryan! No i didnā€™t used any textures. The black parts are just simple painted with masking and the fur is sculped with geometry HD and some ā€œhairā€ alphas i found in the alpha libary on the pixologic website :slight_smile:

Thank you very much its just iā€™m designing a werewolf but planning ahead for when i have to add the fur to him. thanks for the advice iā€™ll check out the alpha library.
Ryan.

But keep in mind, that you canā€™t create displacement and normal maps, if you are using geometry HD for the fur too and planing to use the werwolf in an other 3D prog!
The panda was only just for fun a quick sketch and my computer canā€™t handle much polygones. Thats why i used the geo hd solution to create the fur.

Cappy for a new model. C&C always welcome!
ACE is my actual nickname in the forums, the name is derived from Portgas D. Ace from the manga One Piece :lol:
Base mesh was created in Maya, texture made with photoshop. Hope you like it.
capy-preview.jpg

Attachments

capy-preview0.jpg

capy-preview1.jpg

capy-preview2.jpg

capy-preview3.jpg

capy-preview4.jpg

Based on an old illustration i drew a few years ago, i decided to remake it in 3D now. Iā€™m still not 100 percent satisfied with the resultā€¦ image is a bit ā€œemptyā€ i think. If you have any ideas to pimp that image a bit more, maybe some accessoires she could wear or something else, feel free to tell me. :slight_smile:

Basemesh done in Maya, ZBrush for sculpt and textures. Render with Maya mental ray and physikal sky, postwork in Photoshop.
C&C always welcome!
sunshine-thumb.jpg

Attachments

sunshine.jpg

sunshine-old.jpg

Not the best work with textures/mental ray, and her mandibula ends kind of funny where meeting the ear, and her neck doesnā€™t have any definition like throat for example. I like the armpits a lot. Hope this helps

Dude I Really like your models. The Boot on page one, the clothing one the Soccer girl and the Hat on page two. However, it feels like those great models and textures are being wasted on figures that are not the same quality. I would say spent a little more time on the girls. Make a texture for your character thats same quality as your accessories and give them a little more form so they look more like a hot women with great curves and less like a Poser model.