ZBrushCentral

Last weeks sculpts

I had a bit more time than usual last week to use ZBrush, so I thought id post some of it up and see what you guys think.
This one was loosely based on Kevin Mc Kidd from HBO/BBC’s Rome (I say loosely because I did him from memory rather than reference so there’s bound to be a lot of differences)
roman soldier.jpg
Thanks for looking.
comments and criticisms welcome and wanted.

Attachments

roman soldier close up.jpg

pompey with hair.jpg

pompey gold.jpg

brushed steel mean guy.jpg

stylized black guy.jpg

did you pop that last one in to gross everyone out?

good stuff.

Good stuff but you hurt yourself … I like the first sculpt a lot. But the broom mounted on the helmet makes him look more like the head of the 12th cleaning brigade than a roman. The detail on the helmet is brilliant, considering you spend about a minute on it. Spending an hour on it would have made this a master piece. Just give it that last effort!
Lemo

lol no but i had just seen an ad for baked beans before i sculpted him so… well i guess you get what i thought he was doing "beans beans the musical fruit the more you eat the more you :o "
and thanks for the kind comment.

thanks for the comments, and yeah the helmet was a bit of an after thought but theres no excuse i should have put the effort in.
i might redo it if i find the time but ive got a few other ideas i want to get down first; ill certainly try not to rush my next project just for the sake of finishing.
so thanks for the advise and the nice comments:)

this is just a render i got while playing around with the latest release of luxrener, i wasn’t going to post it but as its of the model above i thought i may as well.
luxrender roman soldier.jpg

Attachments

roman soldier blender internal.jpg

The guy looks so grumpy because you only gave him one light. Use three point lighting and he’ll pop! If you do not know about three point lighting, Google for it. It’s a real simple setup And it makes a heck of a difference.
Cheers Lemo

PS:Here’s a quick result from Google:
http://www.3drender.com/light/3point.html
The setup will cater to you as it only takes minutes for the setup :lol:
But as the author mentions… it’s not the pill for every lighting headache!

PPS:J. Birn’s Book is really cool as well…

lol thanks again but i do know what a 3 point light set up is, i was just going for a darker feel. but ive uploaded another brighter image just for you;)

(i hope adding it to a prev post will stop it removeing any ones thumb nail from the header, if not im very sorry)

ps
i know he’s still dark on one side but i like it. it’s not because i dislike his left side or anything

Lol… If you wish to prevent that posts ‘bump’ the main gallery, then simply change the TAG from ATT to ATN and the image will show up in the thread, but not in the gallery. And now… spend some time on a really cool model.
Lemo

PS:A glowing eye on the dark side would actually make the lighting work. Of course… you could chose green… or yellow… or…

thanks for that i did not know you could change the tag.

ive got a few Alien concepts i’ve skeched out in PS but i think im going to go with another bust first as i realy enjoyed doing those ones.

and the glowing eye sounds like a pritty good idea ill certainly keep it in mind if i rerender him.

well I’ve been quite busy this week so I have not had much time to spend on ZBrush.
so heres this weeks sculpt, (lol and lemonnado I know you’ll probably tell me off for not spending more time on it but I just hadn’t got the free time) the over all sculpt took about one and a quarter hours.

The picture below is of some matcaps I’ve been making, ill upload them to the repository in the next few days but I have a few others I want to add before I upload. Just thought I’d let you see them. :wink:
close up.jpg

I always seem to have problems creating the lips so if any one knows some tips they wouldn’t mind sharing that would help me a lot.
Thanks for looking
and as always comments and crits are welcome
David

Attachments

mercury render .jpg

mat cap spheres.jpg

i’ve uploaded the mat’s to the Matcap repository and you can down load them here