ZBrushCentral

The Incredible Hulk

Hello Everyone.

I did an interview on ZBrush Central about few weeks ago, before The Incredible Hulk was released, But now that the film is out I wanted you all to see some of my work, and how I used ZBrush to design both the Hulk and the Abomination. I did post these images into my interview on the second page, but thought it was somewhat lost in the thread.
Just incase you didn’t see these here they are. Most likely at some point I will post more concepts from this show. I did many other versions during the project, but these were my favorites.
I hope you all enjoy them.

Aaron Sims

![Hulk_Final.jpg|1000x1113](upload://5yE41YwdptbN52M2re7CoRgxzdk.jpeg)![Early Hulk.jpg|1100x1336](upload://aKjWFZSqcY3k3Jc5aPmsl3J0e51.jpeg)![Early Hulk1.jpg|1100x1010](upload://4SvTFuhCSnYlTn8dmf9cWXJB2Og.jpeg)![Early Hulk2.jpg|1000x589](upload://gH5DYhSZNiqjsXtip193LiF0FSM.jpeg)![Early Hulk3.jpg|1000x785](upload://uQfO13JoUwnxiPtt7xh9rbw89FR.jpeg)![Hulk_body.jpg|1100x1316](upload://cznBa43Jib6HKauNQ18EYp3glfj.jpeg)![Hulk_Hairstyles.jpg|1000x633](upload://1O49TcgCKEOMNQj3kJiHhi8sjax.jpeg)![Abom_Charging_in_Street_v01.jpg|1000x798](upload://i2AjPPp6fIDF0FSI904FFR4uIm6.jpeg)![Abomination foot.jpg|1100x737](upload://yrj0rXM10AM7MDjvpPfr5zdtEUt.jpeg)![Early-Abomination1.jpg|1100x915](upload://zZCW3liKAPq7HYNNlySOdRLmAUL.jpeg)![Early-Abomination2.jpg|1100x965](upload://kIiKEdqUiucgAv3lUNwLMgAMzzQ.jpeg)![Early-Abomination-3.jpg|1000x1483](upload://ns5U5t80VPyfOEvI4w17nb4SrNY.jpeg)![Early-Abomination-4.jpg|1100x703](upload://jeRtWFNMXpF1vTBD0uLvVJ1DmHG.jpeg)![Early-Abomination-model.jpg|1100x577](upload://n3nONRtu4soO2duFSmF1z6uyjom.jpeg)![Final-Abomination.jpg|1100x1086](upload://gDVwwyPs353A9S8j6H8rpE0TBU7.jpeg)

Attachments

Early Hulk.jpg

Early Hulk1.jpg

Hulk_body.jpg

Abomination foot.jpg

Early-Abomination1.jpg

Early-Abomination2.jpg

Early-Abomination-4.jpg

Early-Abomination-model.jpg

Final-Abomination.jpg

1 Like

Its not easy being green! cool designs! Great work my fiend!

amazing work.
Can you tell us, something about the process?
Thanks to sshow all your work, and congratulations for the success of your studio.
my best wishes to your bussines.
Arturo

Just awesome Aaron,
I’m going to watch the movie this weekend.

Lucky

hey Aaron ! just wanna say congratulation for your job !
i love the “Early Hulk2.jpg”,great expression !
and the “Early-Abomination2.jpg” model is really great ! full of anger !
and the “Final-Abomination.jpg” great color and skin !

could you share some wires and wips…?
thanx alot for sharing…!

Damn incredible :wink:

Aaron you are the BEST!!! Awesome…

top notch really scary designs.

thank god he cant replicate with no pe*is

pfeeeww hulk 0- nature 1

i guess you saved us all

Awesome, its great to see some of the variations.

I think you did an fantastic job on the hulk and the abomination was superb.

Great movie and thanks for posting.

hi Aaron

your work on incredible hulk ,is incredibly awesome

the attention for detail, and perfect concept is just awesome

Hi !

Tks for sharing these concepts!
Can you explain what was your “keyline” for the new version of hulk.
And how you many version you make for the animation of the muscles !??
from human to hulk(morphing) and animation !?

I laugh when i saw the short hair version of hulk …he look like a us marins (cliche) :slight_smile:
and your Early-Abomination2.jpg concpet freeze me ! I’ts insane.

Great job!

Hello Aaron, first off I’m a big fan of your work, really inspiring, awseome concepts on the hulk, and abomination, the movie was amazing, cg wise and story I thought.

:grimacing: !
Love the abomination final version a lotttt!! the skin textures and colors and the sculpts is just WOWW!! THe hulk is very welll doneee toooo!! THe movie was fantastic. I thought its very well directed! Congrats dude! :smiley:

-Fabian

were the base meshes done with zsphere’s? (If that was a retardedly newb question just point it out :slight_smile:

always a fan of ur work
and the new hulk is a must see
congrats on the show and great design too:D
Jason

These are awesome to see!

Thanks for showing them to us :smiley:

-Herb

I really loved the Abomination designs and the final results in the movie - he’s freaky :+1:

great inspiration!

Alex Oliver

WOW. Amazing works…

this is just outstanding man… amazing work… one day i’ll do that… 1day.