ZBrushCentral

HellGrind's sketchbook

Hello folks,

I was looking at this forum for month and month, and i decided to take part to the community by starting my first thread.

This first piece is my first attempt at low-poly modeling. I first did a very quick rough of the global shape, then started from z-spheres to sculpt this tall creature. Any comment will be really apreciated. :slight_smile:

[attach=95579]hellgrind_biotripod.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

hellgrind_biotripod.jpg

Hey HellGrind. For a first attempt, I can’t wait the next pieces.
I like the overall character design, did you plan to texture it ? Can we see some Zbrush screen shots ?

It would be really cool to see a walk cycle from this doodle ^^:)

Thank you for your comment Sylvain. ^^
I plan to texture it but for the moment my goal is to improve my sculpting skills by doing some other sketches. Then i will learn polypaint to texture this tripod, or maybe i’ll try bodypaint.

Here is some zbrush screenshots of my biotripod.
[hellgrind_biotri_zbshots.jpg]

Hi there,

Here is a little wip of Agathocles, necromancer. I left his right orbit empty because he’s gonna be one eyed. I also did some long hair but i wasn’t satisfied at all, have to find some tutorial to do it correctly. I’ll try to finish it tomorrow.

Hope you’ll like it. :slight_smile:

I put some details on Agathocles. I’m satisfied for a first head with zspheres, but i still need some practice to do some realistic anatomy.
I’m planning on creating a normal-mapped game character but i have to work on the overall design to make it really cool. I’ll do his long hair directly in low poly, and i’ll try to work on his pet soon.

Hope you like it. Feel free to comment and rate, my thread looks a bit dead. :stuck_out_tongue:

• edited: new pictures below -

Slight modifications, especially on the scars.

Feel free to comment. :slight_smile:

hellgrind_agathocles_wip03.jpg

Attachments

hellgrind_agathocles_wip04.jpg

The design of the tripod is so awesome! I’d like to see it mapped! Well done my friend!

Thanks for your comment Wakos, they are so few here. :slight_smile:

I love the tripod guy - He’s nuts !
I’d love to see a textured version.
cheers -Si

Thanks for your comment Siweb. :slight_smile:
Just need to do some other sculpts then i’ll go on polypaint with the tripod. :wink:

Hello there,

This is my last doodle, a sort of alien. I tried to make a creature that doesn't refer to classical human or animal based structure with limbs, head, eyes, mouth... I'd like to read your opinion about that. Does the creature make sense ? Can you see where the front, rear, top and bottom are ? Do you find it menacing, funny, neutral ?

Any comments will be greatly apreciated. :slight_smile: (if someone replies…)

![alien01.jpg|1024x834](upload://lO3EREkzXQnl2IgN65qc1U3f2Iy.jpeg)________________________________________

Attachments

alien02.jpg

hey, cool one , it changes of what we use to see :wink:
Can you explain more the concept ?

Don’t point your proboscis at me like that, my alien friend!

Some great works. Your bio tripod and latest alien are really neat and unique seeming concepts. :slight_smile:

Hey Sylvain and Nicole, thanks a lot for your comments. :slight_smile:

Nicole: Don’t worry about the proboscis, you will be safe… for now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sylvain: In sci-fi movies and tv shows, aliens are usually human-looking, with a head, arms and legs… But an alien could be very different from what we use to see. Thinking about the alien, i quickly get the overall shape and i felt like i had no choice but put it on zbrush. :stuck_out_tongue: In my idea, the creature don’t speak, don’t eat or drink, floats in the air and move objects by a kind of psychic force, and it’s pacific… when not annoyed. How could we react in front of such a strange creature ? How to communicate ? I wonder how it could be to stand in front of this human-sized alien.
Maybe i’ll make a picture with some aliens like that going out from their ship. Ha to do an original one. ^^

Here is my wip for the Dominance War IV second mini challenge, again under the CG Society flag where i’m known as Abrvpt.

I plan to create something between a sphynx cat and a puma, with a grim look of course. ^^ Starting to block shapes.

[[abrvpt_pet_wip01.jpg]](javascript:zb_insimg(‘141757’,‘abrvpt_pet_wip01.jpg’,1,0))

For a second I thought that top right pic of a cat was a zbrsuh model :lol:
Nice work altogether

Haha don’t have this level yet. :stuck_out_tongue: But i hope to have it soon. :slight_smile:

Sculpt progress, i’ll just have to head on fine details and asymetry next.

[abrvpt_pet_wip02.jpg]

Done ! I’m just hesitating on the view… Wich one do you prefer ?

[abrvpt_pet_view01.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘142259’,‘abrvpt_pet_view02.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

abrvpt_pet_view02.jpg

bon boulot mon ami abrvpt, mais essaie de donner un peu plus de félinité a ton chat, plus de subtilité dans les plis et la forme globale. Bonne continuation

Merci Wakos, hélas je ne vais pas retravailler, j’envoie mon image finale. :slight_smile: Je prends note des conseils en tout cas, le prochain sera mieux. :wink:

So here is my final image, hope you like it.

[abrvpt_pet_seth.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘142467’,‘abrvpt_pet_seth.jpg’,1,0))