ZBrushCentral

Monkeyboy

Hello everyone, I’ve been practicing with Zbrush for a while, still lots to learn but here’s the first effort that I feel like posting. I’ve done this out of Zspheres, then added edgeloops, divided into polygroups that I find handy for selecting, the render is a Photoshop composite of two Zbrush renders.

composite-Monkey-1.jpg

(I hope the picture shows up, it’s my first post and I’m not sure that I’ve done things right really.)

Ok, it doesn’t show up, can anybody tell me what I have done wrong.

I just thought I could expand this thread with the current state of play of Monkeyboy.
It’s been on hold for a couple of months now but it’s first in line to get some more Z-love once the Action Hero contest is over.

[Skin-BR3.jpg]Skin-BR1.jpg

he is nice ! :wink:

The character of the figure really shows through :+1:

Nice work Max! He looks like a right mischievous little devil :slight_smile:

I love his expression on his face. Looks like he’s excited about seeing some bananas judging by his emaciation!

I would suggest to make a stronger pose to rest his hands on the thing he’s standing on instead of having them float in the air.

haha love that pose!

that made me laugh :smiley:
nice model!

froyd

hey, cool design. be fun to see him in some sort of crazy funky pose.

gpepper, thanks, he is happy you think so. :wink:

Dman3d, thanks a lot, he’s supposed to be inquisitive, and curious, in short, a monkey.

Thanks Captain Sensible. Mischievous is another of his qualities.

sandpiper, he is excited about something, but not bananas. I need to produce the environment, I have a scene in mind, I hope you’ll like that.
I will put him resting on his front hands too, I want to make a few different poses.

sasquatchpoacher, thanks, I like that too, it’s a Monkey-T-Pose I suppose, and it’s funny.

Thanks froyd, that’s mission accomplished then.

fattkid, he’ll be as crazily posed as it gets with a monkey.

Thanks you all again for leaving your comments. Monkeyboy is in effect a real person, or better a virtual one as it’s the online name of a chap I chat with sometimes on a local blog. He’s an engineer working on railway infrastructure so into stations and bridges and all that. This character will therefore wear a hard hat, and fiddle with trains, small ones I think. That’s all I know so far. And I can’t wait to work some more on it.

maxinkuk…seems like you aren´t busy enough :slight_smile:
great monkey :+1: clean work …like always :wink:

Really cool model… :+1: Love the character style.