ZBrushCentral

My obligatory WIP/Zbrush tests Thread

figure id start posting some of my tests and stuff created in zbrush all in one thread. c&c welcome, however some of these models probably wont be updated - as zbrush3 is too much fun and im really bad at going back to things once i start on newer things

this first guy is a test im working on. the symmetry is done on purpose because of his uv mapping and that hes planned to be a normal mapping test for a in game model.
i realized after the fact that he resembles the dad from incredibles-hah it wasnt intentional i promise!

big_guy.jpg

this guy was done for a displacement map test (which ive FINALLY got working after over a month of hair pulling)

[attach=59817]guy_w_hair.jpg[/attach]

another unfinished head. modeled from a sphere in zb.

[attach=59818]evil_elf_head.jpg[/attach]

this last one was a test with zb3’s transposing features (which rock). the original (unfinished) model was done in maya (low poly base) and sculpted in zb2.

[attach=59819]devil_soccer.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

guy_w_hair.jpg

an update on the “Big Guy”. started adding a body to him.
unsure of how detailed to go on it, cos im considering putting armor/gear over him.

big_guy.jpg

I think you should give him a really tiny waist and even smaller legs, to create a exagerated taper effect. I would make his legs at least half the diameter of his arms.

So after a long hiatus with zbrush I felt the urge to push myself to do a full character finally. I hope to complete this model and use him in a render.
Im learning a lot so far.

the base model was built in maya. i only started on detailing his face lastnight. the rest of his body isnt really defined yet. theres obviously still a lot of work to do!

Any feedback is welcome of course. Cheers !

Attachments

cyclops1a.jpg

cyclops2a.jpg

looking really good so far. cant wait to see the finished model! :+1:

thanks. so i updated him a little finally. changed his ‘diaper’ into more of a roman type robe thing (what are they called?). also updated his face and body some. definitely FAR from finished, and im not sure what other accesories/gear to put on him but im using this as a modeling challenge for myself so any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

(edit: oh i forgot to mention that i plan on giving him a belt but are unsure if it should be rope, or an actual crafted belt. he is supposed to be a giant too)

cyc_rev2_face.jpg

Attachments

cyc_rev2_front.jpg

cyc_rev2_back.jpg

i like hoe you solved the one eye sculpt … it looks realy good.
what matireal are you useing… thats a cool effect on the skin.

i think the word you were looking for is Toga

Hey thanks for the kind words. I mainly use zbrush for textureing so this is my first real attempt at a finished character. its definitely a good learning experience and i hope to finish him up within this year haha.

yeah toga! thats it! :smiley:

as for the material - unfortunately im not sure who created it because i downloaded it some time ago in a thread on here , but its called “OK set 10.ZMT” if you want to try searching for it.
(i would upload it but im not sure if that breaks some kind of rules here, sorry)

just something im doing on my downtime at work. started from zspheres then sculpted over

“Pan”

i need to retopologize it so i can get more detail.

Attachments

ZGrab04.jpg

ZGrab01.jpg

ZGrab02.jpg

updates. havent had time to work on it much but i changed the look of his face quite a bit. liking this direction much more. also played around a little with posing

pan2.jpg

Attachments

pan3.jpg

pan1.jpg

figured its been a long time since i posted anything. heres a bat i did for some fun…

(ignore the wings - they werent done when i grabbed the shot)

heres a dude i hope to get back to real soon and finish up. this clothing is just blocked in but i plan to model all the little details