ZBrushCentral

Night Elf

I play World of Warcraft too much so I thought I’d get into a productive swing by modeling one of my characters. :slight_smile:

This is a Night Elf priestess, with my own brand of big ears. I decided to simply model the hair and paint many of the details rather than go for realism.

Let me know what you think. :slight_smile:

phem4_750.jpg

Attachments

phem4_full_750.jpg

phem_comp.jpg

phem4_zrender.jpg

You need to at the least put full Devout or (shudder) Dreadmist on her :stuck_out_tongue:

cool character. very interesting way of using zspheres too…am gonna have to try that myself.

a little request? would love to see her in her entirety without the texture to see the detail work ya did…looks really good and would like to admire it a bit closer if you would be so kind.:smiley:

yeah…this is the kind of characters i also hope to make soon in Zbrush :sunglasses:
She looks great! :+1:
Very characteristic and probably made for a animation or some sort i gues :wink:
Very nice…Keep up the good work!
Suggestions:
Maybe if you want to make some more details with wrinkels and stuff on the face to at even more realisme to this char…But maybe this was your aim from the get go so…its just a tip…
EDIT:
ah i just read this was your aim so…skip my suggestion hehe

Interesting workflow and cool character and render. :+1:

Your hair looks great.

Excellent job Marsyas. I have an old lvl 60 dorf hunter named Grumpy I was thinking about doing but dont think I could come close to doing as good as you have here. :+1:

That’s pretty neat. When you say you branch them. Can you explain the process a little bit more?

Thanks!

Thanks for the posts, guys. :slight_smile:

Mentat7: lol, the Devout set sucks. :stuck_out_tongue: Originally I was gonna add more cloth armor and even pose her but it was just taking too much time.

aminuts: actually, there’s quite a dearth of detail in the model. It can be tedious working on high poly meshes on my computer so I let the texture make up for the loss. You can see the lack of detail in the dress:

dress_detail.jpg

First, I drew the head model in two different views on the canvas and marked those locations. Then I can draw the ZSphere tool for the eyes on the same marker positions and enter transform mode to move the eyes around til they’re oriented properly. Thereafter I can draw both the head and eyes using the same marker position and they’ll be aligned correctly. Using this method for all the different components, I can easily redraw an entire model from any angle using just one marker. :slight_smile:

Attachments

phem_flat.jpg

branches.jpg

Great technic demonstrated here. Thanks for the tut on it. I love the modeling of the character and the skin shading. :+1: 5 stars from me.

This is one I really thank you for! I loved WoW and your female Nightelf validated my opinion, that they are the cutest female part of all races with their fresh and sublime appearance - although I was a proud horde member :stuck_out_tongue:

those lips and the nose including the skinshading meets exactly to my taste! With little more detail and maybe a simple background it could come along as a great gamebox cover or something similar. And maybe posing only the (fore)arms and hands into kind of casting gesture would save work and time compared to making it fully poseable - and it could add the little extra zest that would make it brilliant. great work and many thanks for sharing your workflow! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
I´m sure most zbrusher who play(ed) WoW are somehow inspired, so am I. Maybe I give my Taurcow a try :wink:

greets
froyd

:grimacing: Very nice Zbrush technique, I got to try this, maybe if you’d make a short video tutorial or a simple Zscript of how you did this, a lots of people would be happy, cause they could learn a lot from this :wink: !

Love it, 3 thumbs up :+1: :+1: :+1:
Cheers! :smiley:
Jonny

I love how you did the hair. It’s so practical. I still need to do like 20 hairstyles for my project, maybe more… for some reason hair is really hard for me to do. I might try that spheres method.

Thanks, folks. :slight_smile:

froyd: That was exactly the kind of pose I had in mind when I began. :slight_smile: I still might pose her some day.

EvilKnight: Maybe if I ever learn how to make simple videos. :slight_smile:

Rhydian: I still wrestle with the problem of hair, too. :frowning: This thread has an interesting solution which looks worth trying tho: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?p=40694#post40694

Or you can just use Sasquatch :wink:
(plugin you can get in www.worley.com for Lightwave users)
Or if you cant try to use Lightwave there are some pretty good other hair plugins arround from other 3d softwares…seek and you will find :idea:

But if you are not going to animate the hair from your char in general i think the Zbrush option to just sort of draw realistic hair on top is also a really cool option.
Thx for the link btw its going to be a good read :wink:

Awesome job! I love the look of her. I am excited to learn more about Zbrush, I also have an interest in creating my WoW character.

Your NE is very impressive!! :+1:

Interesting workflow! Very inspiring. Great model too! Thanks for the walkthrough!

Geoff: Really nice interperation of a WOW Night Elf! Bonus points for not putting her in the auction house in her underwear, begging for handouts…:lol:

Bigger bonus points for posting your workflow. Thanks! Always cool to learn new tricks. Looking forward to more of your work…

Dickie

Just a new version of my Night Elf I cooked up real fast:

(New ZBrush render + Photoshop) I thought, what the heck, I’ll pretty it up and and submit it for the Blizzard contest along with my Mama Ogre. :slight_smile:

phem_new.jpg

Marsyas, lovely character and render. Just downloaded your zscript tuts on your positioning method here, http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=38188&page=1&pp=15 Thanks a lot, learned so much.

Love your style.