ZBrushCentral

Tough Guy Head

It’s been a while.

(Wanna see what I’ve been up to? http://69.16.210.25/forums/showthread.php?t=58039)

Here is a test that I made. I’m trying out a new base mesh of mine and this is what came out of the test.

ToughGuyHeadZBrushFlat_01.jpg

Peace,

NickZ.

P.S. There has been some really kick ass work floating around these forums these days.

cool looking dude…he kinda makes me think of a younger thinner Chris? Penn (not Sean) if he were to play an older version of Elvis for some reason.

keep going!

Aminuts,

Thanks bro,

Your work has been kicking butt here lately. Makes me want to ZBrush more often.

Here is another render from a different view.

ToughGuyHeadZBrushFlat_02.jpg

Peace,

NickZ.

Looks a bit like Arnie…cool!:smiley:

The lips and flattened nose are excellent. You’ve really made a bad looking guy, there. A perfect heavy for any detective movie.

I was interested in learning about Sub Surface Scattering so I dug up this head of mine, dusted it off and painted some textures for the face, put some SSS on it (Still not happy with everything, but this is just a test.)

Here is a link to a movie test that I made.

Right Click Save Target As:

Anyone have some real good examples of SSS set up? Send them my way please.

Peace,

NickZ.

Man that is beautiful work Nick. How do you get those amazing brushstrokes in the hair? I’m guessing a tablet is required to get the detail the way you’ve got it. The forehead of that great Bird of Prey has the same sort of strokes. I can get them with a paintbrush, but not a mouse!As 3D evolves it’ll be the little things, the details, that make the difference. It’s how you’ll know the best from the very good. This guy, while not incredibly different from many of the great head sculpts here, betrays an expert hand. Congrats Nick, really great work. Like you said, there really has been some kick-Ass work floating around here!