ZBrushCentral

Demon Head (Free Hi res ZTool on pg. 2)

Here is a head that I was working on for fun and for learning. I tried to start out with a very simple mesh (made in Maya) and build it up to something very detailed. Here are the results:

[attach=16239]1.jpg[/attach]
[attach=16240]2.jpg[/attach]
[attach=16241]3.jpg[/attach]
[attach=16242]4.jpg[/attach]

This model was taken to subdivision level 5 and the rest was detailed with a 4096 X 2048 black and white map using the bump viewer shader.

I wanted to give my base mesh away to the community. I’m hoping someone else out there will take it and make something cool.

[attach=16243]demon_head_base_geo_pic.jpg[/attach]

Peace,

NickZ. :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. The hi res head has now been added for download on page 2.

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

demon_head_base_geo_pic.jpg

wow, this is really generous of you! Very nice modeling!! Thanks so much and I’ll try to make something with it and post…:slight_smile:

I like your head and all the details. Do you make the scars with the PM ?

details, and nice of you to give us your base mesh, I’l try and do something with it tonight.

Thanks

cheers for the base mesh…damned useful thing to have. I spent an hour or so messing around with it and did this. Hope you like and thanks again. Enjoy

Andy

baseheadmo.jpg

Porksoda - Very cool! Glad to see people are using the mesh.

Cral - Yeah I did all of the scars and details with PM. (I love that tool)

Wenna, MrLerner - cant wait to see what you guys come up with!

I’m trying to think of a way to give away my hi res ZTool with the texture map built in. The file is around 20 megs. I think my buddy Tom over at Pixeltwisters.com would kill me if I put that sucker up on the net.

(Any one willing to host such a large file?)

Peace,

NickZ. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the wonderful gift nickz, i will use this mesh for sure :+1:

Greetings

gave your base mesh a little work over and came up with this.
still quite low-res, I’ll work on him more later
[attach=38198]gnoll.jpg[/attach]

thanks again for the base :slight_smile:

Attachments

gnoll.jpg

d’ya know,Mr Learner, I work with a guy who looks just like that last post;) Thanx for the base mesh:+1:

Nice posts.Like that head and the sculpting is great.:+1:

Nice design on the model, Nick. Very good use of various tools for detailing. I like th lighting too. Oh and thanks for the head mesh. Always nice to have another to play with…:smiley:

Dickie

Thank you for the great head…It truly is a nice place to start sculpting.

Yong

Sorry, but I am a total newb to Z Brush. How do I open this file? lol

The zip contains an .obj. Just use the Import button, rather than the Load Tool button in ZB.

Thanks for the mesh, nickz. I fancied having a quick play tonight, and this will be perfect to experiment with. Cool renders too … love the skin detail. :+1:

Did you use some kind of automated process to do the turn table pic?

Hey guys, sorry for the idiotic remark, but how do I go about getting the head to subdivide further than it currently is. I don’t see how to give it an adaptive skin (like when you’re working with zSpheres) . Sorry I’m very new to this program. Thanks!

tgraupmann -

No I just rotated my view in ZB and exported the images out to Photoshop where I composted all of the images together.

I’m glad to see people are having fun with the base model.

I’m going to look into using http://www.bittorrent.com as a means of distributing my hi res mesh with the alpha texture embedded into the Ztool.

Does anyone have any advise on doing such a thing? Would there be a way to start a ZBrush sharing group using bittorrent?

I have some other things I wouldn’t mind giving away at a later date if this all goes well.

Thanks guys and keep the heads rolling!

Peace,

NickZ.

Thanks guys and keep the heads rolling!

Peace,

NickZ.

Kovac vbmenu_register(“postmenu_223161”, true); -

You need to use the divide button under the tool sub set.

[attach=16245]divide_me.gif[/attach]

Ctrl + D is the shortcut to divide up one level.

d will let you look up one subdivision level.

and shift d will let you look down in a sbdivision level.

Happy sculpting,

NickZ.

Attachments

divide_me.gif

Thanks nickz!
I knew about Shift D and D but didn’t know CTRL D upped the subdivisions. That should help nicely :slight_smile:

Here is the Hi res head that I made in the ZTool form. There is also a ZBrush doc in here as well that should hold the material I was using and the lighting set up.

Nothing too fancy but I thought someone might like that as well.

Download Here!

Hope everyone enjoys!

Peace,

NickZ. :slight_smile: