ZBrushCentral

• ZTimeLapse Rev B • Windows and Macintosh versions •

PostImage.jpg

This ZScript started with the intention of writing a basic timekeeper ZScript which can be used in Speed-Modeling sessions (such as this thread ). However, the ZTimeLapse plugin is capable of more than that, the ZTimeLapse script can keep track of the elapsed active-time - but more importantly - it will also periodically grab and store thumbnails representation of the ZBrush work area.
In essence, this ZScript allows you to effortlessly produce a step-by-step pictorial representation of your ZBrush session via thumbnails. Needless to say, accompanying your ZBC posts with time-lapse images will be most appreciated by other ZBrush users who will gain new insights into your workflow and a better understanding of the steps which you have taken while creating your masterpiece!

PostImage4.jpg
Installing ZTimeLapse
Revision B, Windows and Macintosh

Click here for Windows (.zip) version or here for Macintosh (.sit) versionto download revison B.
Extract the zip file and move the ZTimeLapse.zsc file and the ZTimeLapseData folder into the ZStartup/ZPlugs folder. Information about the creation and use of the ZStartup/ZPlugs folder is available in this FAQ.
Launch ZBrush.
If the above steps are executed properly, a new ZTimeLapse sub-palette will be added to the ZPlugin palette.

February 4,2005: Revision A released for Windows
February 6,2005: Revision B released for Macintosh and Windows.

Using ZTimeLapse

The script is quite simple to use…
Click the ZTimeLapse button once to display the amount of active-time that has elapsed since the start of the recording.
Double-click to save, pause or start a new recording.
Post some of your time-lapse images in this thread:)

Active-Time: This script will keep track of active-time, and idle-time (such as when you leave to have some coffee:) ) will be discarded.
Tip: If you find yourself using this script frequently then you may want to CTRL-Click-and-drag the ZTimeLapse button to an easily accessible location within the ZBrush interface (i.e. the top-shelf floating-buttons area).

I am planning to add more features to this script, if you encounter any difficulties with this plugin, please let me know.

[Edit] marcus_civis has posted a ZScript timer in here. Thanks marcus_civis:)

Rock!

This is awesome and way more then I had in mind.
Once again, a bloody brilliant addition.

Thank you 100X

Looks cool! But us OSX guys got second class citizenship again! :lol:

Awesome! I wonder if you can alter how often thumbnails are saved? That would be cool for animated gif’s.

Thanks for sharing Pix!

It’s the new level of sculpting now! Thanks!

Hey, me and my Dual 2.5 G5 with _8_Gigs of ram and 23" Wide cinema
screen are 1st class first class all the way. I’m cool :sunglasses: waiting the few
days for the others to work out the bugs. :wink:

Looks like a great script, let me know when it’s ready for OSX.

Disclaimer: This post in no way was ment to start OS wars. I have
multiple OS citizenships. :+1:

:+1:
Andreseloy

Looking forward to the Mac version.
Will it be posted here?

Hooowah! Pix! This will be a very handy script :slight_smile:

Silent laughs and neutral smiles flutter across my dull face. Script looks fun.

Another GREAT idea. Thanks a lot Pixolator! :smiley:

Cheers,
Kris

Hi man, every idea is a goal.
This save so much time for my step by step tutorial
Bye
Leo

GREAT! Thanks Pixolator!

But… It will make our videos less impressive LOL
People use to think I was sculpting at lightspeed…
Great for turorials… Need to test it…

whohoo! thanks alot, master! :smiley:

greets froyd

Thanks for the script. Works like a charm!

Great script! :+1: Can’t wait to see what features you add…

Thumbnails are saved automatically based upon the number that you specify as interpolated over the course of your session.

In other words, if you specify 64 thumbnails and your session lasts 30 minutes, you’ll have one saved approximately every 30 seconds. If your session lasted an hour, you’d get one a minute.

The way that it works in practice is that ZBrush creates thumbnails very quickly at the start of your session until the specified number is reached. As your session continues, ZBrush starts intelligently discarding some of the older thumbnails and replacing them with new ones. The end result is that you have a picture of your entire modeling session, regardless of how long the session runs, with the number of captures that you have specified.

It’s pretty slick. :slight_smile:

I was waiting for a simple timer script, but you exceeded my expectations.
Cheers Pixolator!:cool:

Wow, this is very nicely done. I was also expecting a simple timer. Nice taster for the possibilities of plugins.

Thanks alot:+1:

:+1: i like it:), but i want to ask ,could i record other zscript’s action? i find , if i load another zscript,the plugin will be stopped,:cry: