ZBrushCentral

ZMats+31 - update for ZBrush 3.1

I’m not sure if this thread is still active since it’s been a few months, but I’ve tried saving my materials into the zmats31 slots but after I click “Yes” to save and it starts to load, Zbrush shuts down altogether. Am I doing something wrong?

Zangst,

It’s hard to diagnose a problem without more info, but I’m pretty sure you’re doing something wrong since the plugin seems to be working well for everyone else. Here’s what I recommend:

Review the installation instructions and make sure your folders and subfolders are properly nested and contain the proper data.

Next, read through the quick review above which I posted for Bub that explains the steps you should follow to save and load a material.

Sven

Thank you for your effort for us all that much easier. I love you Svengali.

Hi,thanks for the plugin,i got i little ploblem saving the materials,i go to rgb fill object,material fill object,but when i close ZB next time and open it again the material is not there …only the default red clay, could you help me:rolleyes:

Sankar,

I think you need to do a little research as to how materials are assigned to a model’s polygons and to a texture map’s pixels. The following info might help get you started…

Each default material (which you see at startup) is assigned according to an index number. When you want a material assigned to a model, you first select the material, then embed it, by setting M or Mrgb on and pressing the Fill_Object button in the Color menu. What this does is embed the INDEX NUMBER in each polygon of the model so that the render engine knows which material each polygon is supposed to display. If you assign a CUSTOM material to the same INDEX NUMBER, then the model will display the CUSTOM material instead. However, each time you save the model, then restart ZBrush and reload the model, the INDEX NUMBER assigned to each of the polygons will only know to load the default material… NOT your custom material. If you want to see the custom material, you need to assign it again to the INDEX NUMBER.

There is one easy way around this. Display your model which has the assigned CUSTOM materials assigned to it. Save this as a DOCUMENT (which saves the current 3D, color and material info into a .ZBR file. Then save your tool (model) as a .ZTL file. Next time you start ZBrush, first load the .ZBR file which loads all the CUSTOM materials you previously used, into the proper INDEX NUMBERED SLOTS. Clear the canvas (Ctrl+N). Load the tool and display it. You should see your CUSTOM materials on your model.

For a little more complete explanation, read the information at >>> This Thread on the Embed-Mat Plugin <<<.

Yes, I know it’s a little bit complicated, but you need to study this if you are going to use custom materials in your ZBrush renders.

Sven

Thanks for the replay,now is more clear,:slight_smile: a the tip about saving the document firts is very good!