ZBrushCentral

Zbrush work on Golden Axe Beast Rider

Hey

Great work, I like ur texturing part more…:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Really nice work! I can’t wait until the day when games can actually display all of that amazing detail during game play. It won’t be long…

As always, great work Jim! :+1:

cool
i really like armless dragon, it looks amazing :+1:

bLawless
That is neat base mesh for your Gnome.
What application did you use to create it?
Have you ever used Zbrush to generate and modify a base mesh?

NICE! tell dave igo that jonah loves him and ill be there soon!

It was more than a year ago I think. Back then I was creating base meshes with Maya, polygon modeling. But now I use a generic male body for most my stuff. If you need to change the amount of fingers, or shorten the legs (by removing geometry), zbrush allows you to retopologize.

-Brandon

Great stuff. I wanted to comment sooner.

I have a question, I noticed a lot more model with the arms down.

I understand this but how does it effect rigging? Are there special considerations especially rigging in Maya?

Again very impressive work.

Amazingg stuffs!!! 5* for shure…

great work.i really enjoyed playin golden axe when i was 12 or something.so its great to see that you are workin on an up to date version of the game. would love to see some work in progress. and another question, what is about Gilius Thunderhead, the little dwarf, do you also work on this one? he was my favourite character. so great that you post this stuff here. keep up your work. :+1: :+1:

nice works,i love it :wink:

Hello Mr. Jim McPherson,

I was a gamer of Golden Axe, running under Commodore 64 :slight_smile: , in the far years '90 :smiley:

And I love this game: good work :+1:

Best Regards, Mattia vbmenu_register(“postmenu_463115”, true);

hal8999
3mm
guhhh
AVTPro
bLawless
mrskullface
U_L.
Leshiy3d
roger
jamespthornton
ashwani_raj1985
roquelaine
cyril
JiChi
zenonithus

Thanks,

Al.Tintop :
"and another question, what is about Gilius Thunderhead, the little dwarf, do you also work on this one? "

Yep, I did at least 3 versions of Gillius, I will wait for Sega to show him.

roquelaine :
"did you sculpt some skecth before in clay? or directly with zbrush? "
No sculpting in clay for me on this, Scott Spencer sculpted a design that was scanned.

These sculptures from our Star Wars animated line inspired The Secret Level artists to ask for something similar. This line of maquettes was done by Steve Schumacher.

I did this test below…

I thought the idea had potential as I had seen the work of Stanislav Szugalski.

So I did a quick ortho

After doing the planar version at the top of the post we were asked to try a more traditional skin treatment.

Below is a mental ray render by Hector Delatorre

I think the Giant was a last minute cut.giant.jpglukeBySchu.jpgplaneHead.jpgstanislav Szugalski01.jpgstanislav Szugalski02.jpggiantorthoTall4.jpggiantpersp01a.jpgGiant001.jpg

Well, I found the bits the giant was used in Scott Spencer’s book very helpful so even if the giant got cut, big thank you for letting him use it. :slight_smile:

yeah.that’s cracking man.i can’t wait to see him.:smiley:

btw: what do you use to sculpt the sculptures for the animated films ? is it something like SuperSculpey ?

Very nice!

Jim i love the Giant , great inspiration ,love the shapes and form

Alex Oliver

hey!! jus wanted to let u know…the image under your words ’ I did this test below…’ was very inspiring to see… very classic, muscular stylish… and by posting front, side and perspective view, ur practically saying ‘use this as reference!!!’ so i brought it into zbrush with imageplane plugin… AMAZING! best ref ive ever found for zbrush by far… thank u so much