ZBrushCentral

ZBrush to Second Life Slapt.me penguin

Use a cube?

workflow for converting ZBrush meshes into UV’s for use in Second Life

<raises hand> I’m interested!

:slight_smile:

Very interesting. I’ve just been using susie2k’s sculpty maker plugin for Zbrush & it’s been a blast. Still having issues trying to do the textures though. Lightbox doesn’t seem to get along with SL at all.

hazonku have you tried Marcus’ wonderful new Zsculpt plug-in? It has many more features then the one you are using. And it also includes features such as collada export which will be very useful when regular 3d mesh object import is introduced to the main grid (and very useful right now on the mesh beta grid).

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=93650&page=1&pp=15

I can’t help with the Lightbox problems because you haven’t provided enough detail about your specific situation. I haven’t personally had many problems other then occasional crashing when I use it.

I have not tried this just yet.
For the poles:
Use a mask to mask the entire object except the last loop where the poles are. This way you can keep the shape and adjust the poles.
You can use the move tool and move the verticies one by one to where you need them to go. A slight relax adjustment should smooth them out again.

I will try to test this idea out and post my results.

Nice penguins. I would like to know how you put them into SL as doing multiprims is one of the hardest parts.

Stephen

Stephen, you asked this a while ago so perhaps you already found an answer, but I’ll explain how these get automagically put together.

If you have used the zsculpty plug in or sculpty maker mini program available from the Shiny Life website, the name it gives the sculpt map has positioning information. You also download a little script that is called sculpty rezzer. In SL you put the rezzer script into a primitive along with all the sculpty maps and touch the prim and the object appears put together over it. Its not perfect but its pretty great if you have and item with alot of subtools.

Bear in mind zsculpty and sculpty maker from the Shiny Life site requires you use the standard “Make Polymesh 3D” button from the tool palette. In Zbrush 4 that type of polymesh has become incompatable with the polypaint texturing which won’t transfer over to a texture properly. Marcus kindly made a workaround plug-in, but you lose the position data. So some people are using both scripts…one for the texturing and copying the uvs over and one for the sculpty maps…complicated, I know. The Shiny Life website has an excellent video explaining the workflow.

There’s a similar feature in Blender for multipart sculptie objects using the primstar scripts. You can learn about these from the machimatrix.org website.