ZBrushCentral

Zbrush maximizing behind windows 10 taskbar

um…
I have three and a half terabytes of stuff on this thing, and your method of getting around Microsoft’s idiocy is slightly impractical.
At best.
If I were going to do anything like that I would go back to Windows 7 and it would take most of a week I suspect.

Yep, this is why I have a small partition just for the OS, which I don’t install anything… Everything else, apps/files etc, they live on my other drives/partitions… :wink:
And by the way, I’m running four operating systems on my machine, and one of them is the trusty Win 7 fully loaded, so I always have a place to rest if something is delaying my operation… :smiley:

Oh wow…
THAT is a neat way of going about things…

Actually Windows forced an update on me last night, and rebooted while I had a lot of projects open (again).
It didn’t fix the taskbar problem though.

Ok this is frigging creepy.
Windows is RIGHT NOW asking me if I want to be “One of the first to install Windows Creator Update”.
So…
I dont even know what this stuff is, why, after what they did to my computer already I would want to let them at it again… or… well anything.
The idea that I have to let micrrosoft wreck more stuff and likely backup the backup of the backup they backed the last time they wrecked it just so the taskbar goes away while Im working is disturbing at best.
The messed up thing is I thought I had their update servers and all the rest of microsoft firewalled, but I guess that’s the nature of viral malware.

Anyway I dont know what to do, last time I said “NO” they took over my computer and installed Windows 10 against my will.

It’s like they have a keylogger watching me talk about this update on here or something:

Attachments

CreepyBastards.jpg

Ok, it got even worse, they just tried to force it on me with another of those unclosable windows.
I forced my computer to shut down and booted back up with no network, so it looks like Im back to fighting off unwanted updates instead of using my computer to draw stuff.

Lol…
But yeah, Windows update is a real mess… this is why Windows update is the first thing I disable after a clean install… :cool:

How do you disable it? It doesn’t seem to have a **** off button…

Yeah, there’s no a normal turn off setting, you need to kill the Windows update service itself…

This is why hackers are important to the future of computing.

I was able to fix the issue on Windows 10 by just having Zbrush in Restore (smaller window, not fullscreen) mode, then Storing that as the config. So it starts up in a small window, you maximize it and it doesn’t screw with your taskbar any.

I was able to fix the issue by putting Zbrush into a window (not fullscreen), saving that to the Store Config so it loads Zbrush as a window, then when you maximize it, you will keep the Taskbar even when switching between programs.

Thanks a lot Krystar, I never thought the Store Config button saved the zBrush window mode and size, I thought it only stored the preferences and buttons UI options.

Now I have the zBrush running on windowed mode and can have the Windows 10 taskbar always visible when working on zBrush.

I had the same problem on 4R7. (on Win 10 Anniversary Update).
Updating to 4R8 fixed it! yay

But I also had a workaround that worked very well on 4R7 and if anyone is still experiencing this bug this may work for you.

I simply fired up an application that works in full screen parallel to ZBrush. Specifically I launched XnView MP Image viewer or Fastone Image Viewer with any image displayed in full screen.

In XnView you click the mouse wheel to go to full screen mode and in Fastone you double click an image to go to full screen.

It’s possible that other image viewers will work as well, but I haven’t tested it.

With this workaround I could freely alt Tab between applications and ZBrush was always on top of the taskbar.

cheers

Hi all

I’ve a bit modified the macro by Marcus and assigned it at the start of Zbrush
Now this allows to minimize and maximize the window Zb . Switching between applications without the ALT+TAB buttons.
Taskbar is always visible

This is for 4r7, but unfortunately the Zb starts in a minimized mode and opens with a lightbox. But a little bit later a window unfolds without closing the taskbar. I could not figure it out. Maybe someone will help.

//ZBRUSH MACRO - Recorded in ZBrush version 4.73
[IButton,???,"Adjust the ZBrush Window size",
[IShowActions,0]
[IConfig,4.73]
[IShowActions,0]
[IConfig,4.73]
[IShowActions,0]
[IConfig,4.73]
[IUnPress,Document:Pro]
[ISet,Document:Width,1680]
[ISet,Document:Height,1010]
[IKeyPress,1024,
[IKeyPress,1024,
[IKeyPress,ALT,[IPress,Document:Resize]]
]
]
[IPress,Document:Pro]
[IShowActions,1]
[IPress,RESTORE]
]

This is for 4r8

//ZBRUSH MACRO - Recorded in ZBrush version 4.73
[IButton,???,"Adjust the ZBrush Window size",
[IShowActions,0]
[IConfig,4.73]
[IShowActions,0]
[IPress,RESTORE]
[IPress,RESTORE]
[IShowActions,0]
[IConfig,4.73]
[IUnPress,Document:Pro]
[ISet,Document:Width,1680]
[ISet,Document:Height,1010]
[IKeyPress,1024,
[IKeyPress,ALT,[IPress,Document:Resize]]
]
[IPress,Document:Pro]
[IShowActions,0]
]

If it is interesting to someone, then replace the screen resolution with your own

By the way for a long time, I wanted to ask. Why doesn’t to hide (minimize the window size) by clicking on ZB icon in the taskbar?
Really can not or is there a workaround?

It’s not ZBrush.
Its Windows 10, its broken. I kept being told that the problems I was having with ZBrush were because my monitor didn’t have enough pixels, this turned out to be false.
I spent $2000 on a new laptop trying to fix the stupid crap windows does and it did not fix any of it. its all still a problem.
These scripts help A LOT!
Thank you.