ZBrushCentral

Zbrush At Siggraph - From My Perspective - Day 12

can I say that I am totally impressed!!! I have watched the videos over and over again!!!

I was using the same workflow in Maya to extract faces to create jackets and stuff!!

I am jumping up and down!!!

Thanks PIXOLOGIC!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!

the real answer would be Now! :sunglasses:

ditto…awesome amazing videos…that twist my mind into knots…but if I have to wait another two years for it?

I’ll jump out the window.

-bayard

I hope it still has the new features previously mention. Those are the ones I was most interested in.

im sure pixologic will give out a date soon. BTW speaking of perspectives… havent read yet about better perspective view support, doh.

erk: yeah…those are my two questions now…date? and perspective view?
and hopefully grid plane with easy way to move those multiple objects around?

Congrats, guys. I’m really glad you guys stepped up and produced some really impressive additions. Can’t wait to give it a spin. :slight_smile:

Really cool features! I would love to work with 22 million polys! And faster speed would be great for slower computers!

AWESOME!!! I knew it would be worth the wait. Mudbox…the competition is already over…bow to the makers of your demise and kiss Pixologic’s ass–ha ha!

I’m looking forward to the Topology Projection feature–really great new addition. I have a model I want to retopologize, but I’ve procrastinated because I haven’t wanted to do all of the detailing work all over again.

Thank you so much for these great new additions Pixologic =)

Keep the coffee warm Ryan… I’ll be there tomorrow morning! Wheeee
Lemo

Incredible! Dreams come true.

And the consumer wins again! :+1: :smiley:

But… I too am wondering about an adjustable camera. From the videos it looks like its still orthographic. I don’t think its a total deal breaker, but oh boy would a perspective camera be nice!

I knew 2.5 would rock

unless I’m wrong, the Mac version of Zbrush already has perspective in edit mode. either way I think it’s a sure bet it will be available in 2.5.

its almost fisheyed

The demos are great! thanks.:smiley:

Thank you for finally talking. I’m sure it’s been tough.

No more need for multimarkers? Full .obj export?

3D sculpting with an alpha, texture, and stroke – the power of Projection Master in full 3D.

Poly Painting – paint directly on your models surface without any UVs.

Does this mean texture painting in edit mode too? (rather than just vertex coloring) Both of these together equate to no more need for projection master?

Also, the lasso tool? The lasso tool? A selection tool in zbrush?

Topology extraction…where do I sign??
Will this version have the posing feature??
I’m in line…HURRY…
PATTON

Hmmm… lot’s of interesting things to comment on. My favorite definitely has to be the topology baking feature. Coupled with the fact that you are going to have “UV-FREE” painting options makes me wonder if you will be able to bake textures on another mesh as well.

Excellent work Ofer! And the fact that this is going to be a free upgrade, even better!

• Chad

Wow. 1,300 views in 3 hours. Thank you guys for the positive words and encouragement. I really want to keep everyone in the loop as much as possible and I have permission to show a few more videos which I will do over the course of Siggraph. The new ZBrush gives me an incredible sense of freedom that I want to pass onto the ZBrush community.

A little more info: perspective editing is included in the new ZBrush. All the features you saw in previous previews will be included in the new ZBrush and, most importantly, it is still a free upgrade to those who purchase ZBrush whether they buy it today, tomorrow or next week. :slight_smile:

I’m very excited. I hope you guys are. Tomorrow we present to Siggraph but just remember, you heard it first at ZBrushCentral. :smiley:

hey editing your post is unfair :wink: was just rereading and saw it. thanks for the update, glad to hear that …phew.