ZBrushCentral

ZBrush Artist Spotlight with Ben Selwy ''Queen of the Stone Age''

sorry …ugly design, technically sound tho

I agree with every body here Thank You so very much Sir
Fantastic Work
Lou

this is one of the most comprehensive tutorials I’ve ever seen given away for free. GREAT work on the .PDF! and of course your artwork is stunning as usual. Thanks so much to Mr.Sewly and pixologic for being so awesome!
CHEERS!

I really appreciate extnesive breakdowns like this! Thanks a lot, I’m gonna give it a try over my winter break.

Hey Man really cool work. The matcaps download isn’t working was wondering if you might post a new link pointing to where there at.

Thanks for your tutorial. :+1: I’ll make one with those technique.

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for all the great comments and your interest!
I’m glad some of you find it useful. Please make sure to go through the written part in the “Full PDF Breakdown” together with the screenshots to get a better understanding of what I’m doing.

Cheers,
Ben

Ben , finally got the chance to go through the pdf today. So many fantastic tips. The flatten building brush recommendation you suggest is a beautiful working brush. I gave it a whirl earlier today and loved it.

Many thanks.

Hej Ben
That you share the way you do. The inspiration and the knowledge you share with us is as amazing as your models. You must be a really good bloke.
Since starting with ZBrush i have noticed something about the people, i dont know if its Pixologic that have somehow created this family feeling. Or if it is us. Maybe a bit if both. It feels good to be here.
Thank you for making the time to share this with me.

I agree with the above comment… Thanks it helps a great deal…

Thank you very much !

Hi, Great job…how can i watch te time-lapse videos???

yup I agree with the others this is some really inspirational and instructional stuff :slight_smile:

QUOTE: “for using real wood to create 3D prints from ZBrush. People were inspired seeing this new medium for 3D printing”

The work is inspirational but regards the original post - I do hope we are not going to start labelling every method of obtaining 3D models from modelling software as “3d printing” - the above line appears to suggest that the final result is a 3D print and I would take issue with that.

I am not being pedantic, I spent years working in the area of CADCAM software (long enough to see the very first 3d printers being developed) and I like terms to be used accurately - there is nothing worse than a fashion that means a term gets used for everything, it adds confusion and can be a bit tedious ( as in awesome - Aghhhhh ).

The final result in real wood here was carved using a pantograph 3d profiling machine using the intermediate model as a template.

Wikipedia says…

Additive manufacturing or 3D printing[1] is a process of making a three-dimensional solid object of virtually any shape from a digital model. 3D printing is achieved using an additive process, where successive layers of material are laid down in different shapes

I would agree with Wikipedia printing throughout the ages has mostly been used to refer to additive processes, when we subtract matter we call it things like engrave or woodcarve ( as in woodcarving pictures ) and when we compress we call it embossing. There are many methods for turning 3D data into physical reality and 3D printing is but one small part of that which is currently receiving a lot of interest.

Jon

It’s really helpful, I’ve learn alot from you Sir.

Thank you very much!

Really helpful thanks for sharing