ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4R7: Released!

Ahhhh, pure awesomeness.
Thanks a million for your generosity!
Rainer

Kind of annoyed. It takes forever to get to the page during one of these updates, I finally do and then I’m told I need to enable Java but I literally, LITERALLY, just updated my Java , so it’s enabled already. So frustrating. Sigh. I’m glad others got to download it though. Enjoy it, folks!

Moderator’s Note: Depending on server load it can take time for the necessary Java to actually load. Leave the page sit and that message should go away.

Thank you, 64 runs like a charm…PIXO

This is the BEST NEWS I have ever woke up to. And thanks to this nasty blizzard, I will have time to play with this program :slight_smile:

The connection has timed out
The server at register.pixologic.com is taking too long to respond.
RELOAD
RELOAD
RELOAD
RELOAD
RELOAD

AGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Quick!
Someone shove me into a rubber room, Im becoming a danger to myself and to others!!!

Is the register.pixologic.com activation server unresponsive for everyone? I assume they must be getting hammered with requests, but it is frustrating…

A bit disappointing to see that there is no retina support in the UI (that’s all I can tell so far, since I can’t activate yet…)…

Same issue, I’m guessing the pixologic site is down at the moment :frowning:

awesome! i must have caught this going up just before i went to bed last night about 3 am on the main page. awesome awesome!!

Same issue, I’m guessing the pixologic site is down at the moment

It is for me, but wow – just think of the hits Pixo must be getting.

They’ll come thru. :slight_smile:

Yeah, store.pixologic.com is timing out - most likely due to high volume. :wink:

@NWoolridge:
Since you haven’t got it, how is it that you are successfully being disappointed by it?
Its a strange sort of twisted logic you have going there, but it could be applied to all sorts of things.
I suppose Im disappointed that I didn’t get over Ebola after not contracting it.

By the way, what is this “retina” thing you are talking about? Googling it brings up stuff about eyes and fancy monitors.

Does the 32bit R7 install on top of or alongside R6? If it replaces I might wait a week or two for others to discover any nasty bugs :wink:

Moderator’s Note: It is a separate installation in a new folder. It does not affect your existing ZBrush installation in any way.

I actually get a kick out of the time out, to me its like watching the Status Update Page finally burst through the flood gates, all those happy and excited people!
I can hear millions of reload buttons screaming out in agony as they are pummeled into oblivion!

@MitchFX:

All the versions of ZBrush I have seen will run, they do not overwrite or replace them selves in my experience.
If my computer hadn’t died on me I would be able to run all versions since 4.0 and on.
Im not saying that its impossible for that to have changed for this version, but i think its very unlikely.
Also Pixologic support is world class, and even if it did break they would help you fix it and get up back up and running in no time.

@mitchfx

The first two questions on the FAQ on the first page of the thread address your question.

Does the 32bit R7 install on top of or alongside R6? If it replaces I might wait a week or two for others to discover any nasty bugs

Alongside, I believe. :slight_smile:

I still see my 4r6 icon, and Pixo gave me an activation code, with no problem.

The Keyshot bridge hasn’t activated yet, but that’s because of all the traffic. Can’t connect to Pixologic. :wink:

Totally understandable though.

I actually get a kick out of the time out, to me its like watching the Status Update Page finally burst through the flood gates, all those happy and excited people!
I can hear millions of reload buttons screaming out in agony as they are pummeled into oblivion!

I know the Pixo site managers must be harassed, but it is a happy day! :slight_smile:

I know the Pixo site managers must be harassed, but it is a happy day! :slight_smile:

YAH!
I feel bad for the IT department though, the smell of melting routers and switches is nasty and more than a little toxic. On the other hand, huffing fumes has been getting humanity into all sorts of nifty adventures for as long as people have been able to huff.

I have a new rule for myself for the reload button:
I hit it once after making and drinking a double espresso. This does two things; it compresses my perception of time by accelerating my thought process, and it gives the servers a break so that perhaps they won’t melt and Pixologic won’t have to hospitalize their fume addled IT guys.

Hallelujah