ZBrushCentral

Zbrush 3 Comics

this story will not be aimed at children!!!

In that case, f— it, great job!:smiley:

Nicely done! I agree with one or two of the criticisms concerning the swearing and word bubbles. Word bubbles can take away a bit from the finished product. That kind of thing looks simple to produce but when you try it… it turns out to be quite tricky to get right.

Anyways, nice style. I hate to make a comparison, but it reminds me of John Higgins’s work. :+1:

How long did each page take to produce? Is it viable way to do a published comic?

MX

Really nice work!
I was skeptical at first, as some other attempts at 3d comics I’ve seen were a little lacking. You’ve got some great looking stuff there. Love your colors.
Reminds me a bit of Richard Corben’s work (one of my favorite comic artists).

~Mike D.

Appeals Court to Feds: “Go FCC yourself” (caution, language-loaded link ahead).

“The most entertaining aspect of the decision: The court agreed with the networks’ defense, in part, that if George Bush and Dick Cheney can get away with saying no-no words, then why shouldn’t Cher, Nicole Richie, and the rest of us?”

Theo- Great job, was wanting to try that some day and glad those that are its going well for them!! Overall very nice, your efforts definitely show has a good quality look. :+1: :+1:

bicc39, he he, cheers!:lol:

mxhaunted, Ok bubble fixed. Thanks for the comment and glad you like it.
Once characters are done it can take 2 to 3 days a page, depending of the complexity and what is new to model on the page. Don’t know if it’s viable, just doing it for fun sofar. :cool:

frogspasm, thanks man, I like Corben too. Cheers!:wink:

Svengali, good question! :cool:

AngelJ, thanks for liking it man:D

Sounds like a viable way to publish one-offs and graphic novels (where the deadline is self-imposed or generally open-ended), but if you’re looking to do 22 pages a month, that’s going to hurt. And, if you need to maintain three or four ongoing titles, it’s going to kill you.

So, maybe not viable for a professional in the comics industry.

But… one page a week is great for a web-comic. And lord knows, you’ll get faster the longer you keep at it!

(Particularly if you save all your poses and expressions to re-use as starting blocks for future panels. The morph brush could be very handy…)

Very nice work. Could even have been in Epic or these days in Heavy Metal. You did a wonderful job of keeping a stylized look throughout, alot harder than many people think.

I do hope more people go this route and gice this kind of work a try. The possibilities are exciting. :wink:

Hi Theo,

I forgot to say I really like the pages so far. I, too, think ZBrush is the perfect tool for this kind of comix creation. Someday I’m going to do my own.

Well done,

Sven

Ctrl-Z, I agree 20 pages a month is impossible with this kind of subject and style. Maybe with simpler characters and more dialogues situations it could.
My estimation is that from scratch and just with photoshop it would take me a week to achieve a page with this kind of style. So Zbrush is for sure a time saver for me.:+1: Yes poses and expressions are saved as layers, very handy!

Jason Belec, thanks Jason, I appreciate you noticing this. Yes let’s hope to see more :smiley: possibilities are endless.

Svengali, thanks a lot Sven:) , looking forward to see your pages and story unfolding on this forum. That will be something to watch out for!

very cool man! cant wait to see more.