ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 2018 Has Arrived!

I was really suprised when I saw dynamic teselation for the first time in Sculptiris a few years ago. I had hope that Pixologic develop same technology for 2.5D in pixols for ZBrush software. Yesterday I was shocked when I watched ZBrush Presentation. Sculptris Pro is amazing like other tools that you developed. Many thanks for whole Pixologic crew, you are my heroes!!! I can’t believe that this update is again for free. It means a lot to me. Thank you.

Amazing news. :smiley:

Can I please make one suggestion for a future update? How about the ability of ZBrush to respect material or surface setups from imported obj’s? If I bring in an obj to make some moderate changes to it and export it all the surface or material zones I set up are now gone. I Really dislike this ALLOT about ZBrush, which I use on a daily basis. :rage:

Looking forward to upgrading, perhaps tomorrow, I know your servers will be bogged down so maybe I won’t upgrade tomorrow! lol :o

Looks great! I wonder if they will offer an offline licensing option for studios that don’t allow artist workstations to be connected to the internet.

In the stream yesterday they indicated that the floating license version will be available on April 10th. This would be the right solution for studios, and clients could authenticate to a server on the local network.

Hello just want to say that presentation yesterday was just mindblowing.and to give the upgrades for free just can’t say enough. Like Ryan Kingsley has said this will make sculpting fun again :smiley:
I can see this being another 5 stars in 3d world /3dartist magazine well deserved.

Thank you Pixologic!
Looking forward to “playing” with ZBrush 2018!

Love you guys.
No other software developer from any field, from accounting to zookeeping, is as generous or as skilled as you guys.

The software just flat out works!

hi guys and gals at pixo, hi ofer and family,

wow!!!

thanks a bundle! … enjoy springtime and have some days off from your screens, please.

cheers!
chem!

I’m so READY… I see the UPGRADE to 2018 button :slight_smile: But it’s not quite ready yet

Only a couple of minutes to go … :slight_smile:

Yippie! … Up and running! :slight_smile:

Is the Keyshot bridge working with the 2018 version?

edit: Yes it does!, I found it under the render tab.

I didn’t wait.
Wnet to MyLicenses, clicked the button, yes yes etc and the e-mail arrived promptly.
Download wentfast and now ready for install.

Thanks, Pixologic! You’re beautiful!

Thank you Pixologic, download, installation and activation without any problems. :+1:small_orange_diamond:D

>>> Can I please make one suggestion for a future update? How about the ability of ZBrush to respect material or surface setups from imported obj’s?
>>> If I bring in an obj to make some moderate changes to it and export it all the surface or material zones I set up are now gone.
>>> I Really dislike this ALLOT about ZBrush, which I use on a daily basis.

I feel your pain. I’d even like to be able to properly name material and face groups in ZB. If you’re just modifying the shape and keeping the point order,
this handy-dandy tool by Marcus is a time saver–it let’s you restore the face groups and material zones to an obj by reading them out of the original obj.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?163130-Poser-Utilities-plugin-for-ZBrush-4R7-(updated-November-24-2015)

It’s not a perfect solution, but it saves me from firing up Modo to re-tag everything…

-K

Silly me, didn’t read the instructions and was waiting for an email to be sent automatically.
Logged in, checked the box, upgraded and downloading… wooyeah!

Thank you once again Pixologic for a cool update. Installed and ready to play. :stuck_out_tongue:

A note: my reason for “No licenses” was having changed my e-mail address since my purchase. I could fix this by changing my e-mail address back to the e-mail address I used when I purchased ZBrush. Maybe this helps someone.

Maybe I am totally Daft but I don’t see anywhere to actually download the new version I upgraded my license, says I have 2 available seats but I don’t see a download button.

Check your email. You should be sent an email with a link to where you can choose which version (Windows or MacOSX) to download.

Wow.
That’s pretty much all I can say.
ZBrush always kills it but this release is just bonkers.
ZBrush, you complete me. :slight_smile:

Do I have to deactivate ZB4R8 before I install ZBrush 2018.

Thanks

Edit: No ZB4R8 can stay activated on your PC.!