ZBrushCentral

Z4 Beta Testing By: Ryan Kingslien (Nudity)

Bonecradle - Thanks man. Can’t remember the butt. My brain is fried on ZB 4 stuff. What was the deal with it?
loki_22 - Yeah, tons of depth to something as seemingly simple as sculpting in the computer. :slight_smile:
arthurduque - Thanks. :slight_smile:

Here is an image I created for the SSS Materials Workshop. Currently, its only available for the All Workshops members but should be out for everyone else soon.
SSS is useful for so much more than just the standard skin shader. The second shader channel, in many ways, is a really cool blending option that gives you a ton of control over how the light wraps around an object.

Thanks Pixologic for another amazing advancement in ZBrush rendering.

[attach=210921]sss_brwnWax_olderwoman_comp_081710.jpg[/attach]
sss_brwnWax_olderwomanThumb.jpg

Attachments

sss_brwnWax_olderwoman_comp_081710.jpg

Ran, that anatomy sculpting video is truly mind-blowing! I’m very interested in taking the Anatomy Tools Level 2 Online Workshop. Can I ask whether the models featured in the video, ie the skeleton, the muscles, and the female body, will be made available for download as part of the workshop?

That Brown Wax is very convincing, great to see it as I spent some time today actually trying to come up with a good brown wax material. You’ve nailed it though.

I think the “waxiness” is spot on, but the material is kinda dark which obscures the fine details in the shadows.

Victory Brown MK II is the wax I was trying to go for, this wax gives the impression of a really hard grade carving wax, nice illusion there!

Actually when I look at it on my laptop’s monitor it’s lighter, I think my PC monitor is just running a little dark.

I am so looking forward to this. I wasn’t privy to the sss info during testing (busy times at the time for me so c’est la vie hu…lol!) This has been 4+ years in the waiting for me. I really can’t wait to spend days playing with this new feature once I understand the steps to exploit this wonderful addition!

Thank you Ryan!

sipowicz1993 - Most likely those will be included in the first weeks resources. Hope to see you in the workshop. :slight_smile:

Extra Dimensional - The waxiness is all in massaging shader channel 1 and 3’s specularity. In this case I set the focal shift of each’s curve to 90 and 95. Then I cranked the specularity value way up.

Mahlikus The Black - Whoa! 4+ years… Can’t wait to see what you do. Your Davinci mesh extractions are awesome!!

Ryan

Thx for extending your workshop Ryan,

As usual your teaching abilities come to the forefront. I am not one of the Zbrush heavy hitters but the tutorials you have done over the years have always been instructive. I havent really done anything since 2.5 but the cycle has turned and I am rdy to play hardball with it now :smiley: These tutorials are great to reacquaint my self from the bottom up which I badly needed :bulb: I cant wait to see what some of the old timers come up with.

Now then what you need is a break from the inner walls. I always recommend fishing! You don’t need to catch anything. Just sit there and drink a beer heh:+1:

Ryan, your videos just blew my mind, I rarely came up accross a (free) tutorial that was so informative as this !! If only I knew all this, years ago… thanks man :+1:

great stuff Ryan. When I first started Zbrush, the main reason was to utilize it for scientific illustration anatomy.
Although I went to a completely different path , I always enjoy anatomy!
Also love your hard surface model!

always at the top of the best !!! :eek:

Hello Ryan,

I’m sorry that I’m typing so late. Really enjoying your thread and the great video.

best

Ralf Stumpf

Tartan - thanks. Its what I love to do. :slight_smile:

waiyeh_L - glad you like it. I couldn’t keep that info to myself. Its one of those things that just makes the experience of ZBrush so much better when you can get under the hood like that.

yiannis t. - thanks!

RenoAnimations - Too kind!

stumpf! Thanks man. Love the latest sculpt. Great attitude. :slight_smile:

Wow, you’ve created such an amazing learning resource here Ryan.

If I had to choose I couldn’t so I’d have to choose the all courses package + a crate of smart drugs to remember it all + a time machine to find the time and reset the year forever due to not remembering where I put the smart drugs:-) Man alive , Zbrush 4 is deep and a thing of beauty!!

The humor and out of the box analogies in your sample videos are wonderful touches that make the learning all the more enjoyable.:+1:

I’m presuming the material in the live classes is all covered in the year long packages minus the personal feedback ?

I wonder do you offer discounts for 20th wedding anniversaries?
Feel no obligation to answer that question:)

Many respects ,deserved success and best wishes for the joy and enthusiasm you impart in your inspired tutorship. I wanna hug ya!!:slight_smile:

Flooze

Great stuff Ryan, I clicked that workshop and hoovered the whole thing the second I saw the link. You really are a gifted teacher my friend. I think the site is a great idea and will do very well indeed :+1:

Thanks Boozie. The live classes run parallel to the workshops for some of the curriculum but not always as each class has its own dynamic. Congrats on your 20th anniversary! That is awesome. How about we offer the discount on my 20th anniversary? Would that be ok? :slight_smile:

Michael, Thanks! Great to hear from you. :slight_smile:

On related news.
Here are some previews of the Introduction to ZBrush 4 Workshop:

//youtu.be/6JhBsp1tGGU

//youtu.be/AE3VU8yBgt0

//youtu.be/RCLkCPfXZXs

Best,
Ryan

thu.jpg

Attachments

img1.jpg

Wow, that sounds like a great issue, thanks for that ryan, I’l sure buy it :slight_smile:
And thanks Geert for pointing it out :slight_smile:

Thanks Etcher! I almost forgot about that brush as I have been busy with Shadowbox ecorche. I’ve attached the ecorche brush here as well. :slight_smile:

[attach=222330]ecorcheBrushDownload.jpg[/attach]

Best,

Ryan

[attach=222331]ecorcheBrushDownloadThumb.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

ecorcheBrushDownload.jpg

ecorcheBrushDownloadThumb.jpg

Hi Ryan. Big fan of your work :slight_smile: Cool videos.

Thanks a lot Ryan for the free brush workshop. Although I love many of zbrush’s premade brushes, I find the brush menu to be very convoluted. It’s like customization overload, and it deters me from making my own custom brushes. This has given me some serious help to that end. Also, I just wanted to say that I’ve always appreciated your art. Though digital sculpting is mainly used in production and games, there is a whole realm fine art that has been relatively untapped yet with this medium. You are one of the few who are able to bridge that gap. Cheers.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the ecorche brush and the videos Ryan!:D:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: