ZBrushCentral

Z4 Beta Testing By: Magdalena Dadela

really cool indeed!

Alex - thank you :slight_smile: and thanks for dropping by

markkens - cheers

abe_Tamazir - thanks a lot

Hey Magda is the undershirt on “the Face” sculpt done with the deco brush or just a custom alpha rolled on?

again great work!

Beautiful stuff. Wonderful tutorials.

Greg - it was done with a Deco4 brush with an increased Spin rate. Here’s an example - with a spin rate of 3

deco_brush.jpg

Scrybe - thank you, glad you like :slight_smile:

hey Mag nice to see new work from you, really love the life and feel of the rose portrait it has a great structure and rhythm though out, your work always is top notch and are getting better with every new piece you do, looking forward to seeing what you do next and what the features are capable of now that zbrush 4 is released. congrats on making the beta team and doing justice to the new zbrush and giving us a preview of the many possibilities…:wink:

<3

Great to see some new works from you.
Really like Bill and Bo.

Did you use a special alpha for the deco brush to get that lace effect? Also what is the difference between the 3 lace rows? A setting change, or did you manually refine the shape.

aohahoha!! This is a Really Art!!
Congrats!

finding time to see everyone’s threads…Bill and Bo, Face and the Rose Garden are my favourites!

your work is always inspiring :+1:

I’m always blown up by the variety of your art & techniques, you truly are inspirational :slight_smile:
Keep it up :+1:

troy1617 - thank you very much for all the kind words :o

splodge - thanks :slight_smile:

Ralf - thank you sir!

womball - The alphas are just the default Zbrush alphas [54, 63] - I only adjusted the spin rate - it’s just drawn in a straight line and the design makes itself :wink:

arthurduque - thank you very much

yiannis t. - cheers

RenoAnimations - thank you

waiyeh_L - thank you - that’s very kind

Incredible work. Thank you for sharing. I was wondering if you could tell me more about the fur. I’m pretty new to zbrush and I was able to make fur on a ball, but when I moved my ball around it is gone. Is this only something that can be done when you drop it to canvas? Thanks and it is exciting to see something besides monsters, aliens, robots and half naked woman. It is great to see another woman on the forum. You give me something to aspire to. Now if I can just get my digital skills to the level that my traditional sculpting skills are at I’ll be fine. Thanks again and Go girls!

You are a truly master Mag!!

All the best =)

Vic

I should point out that I hate videos that don’t have a commentary as they are poor teaching aids. It’s presumptuous and ignorant to assume that the viewer is as skilled as the demonstrator, but if you’re just interested in showing everybody how skilled and clever you are I guess you hit the spot. The rose demo is interesting and the demonstrator’s skill is obvious, but seriously no commentary really sucks. How is anybody supposed to know what exactly you’re doing - what brushes etc you’re using and why your using them - when you don’t tell them and the video doesn’t really show them?

Well your assumption it’s a tutorial is wrong from the start. It was never intended as such… it’s just a presentation of an idea of what one can do with a tool. I’m sorry I am sharing ideas, I’ll be sure not to next time.

Excellent work as always Magdalena! You never fail to inspire!

Thank you for taking the time to demonstrate your Rose technique; I have been looking for a way to generate petals on flowers realistically and this process will work nicely.

-Joseph

Thanks Joseph :slight_smile: