ZBrushCentral

Z3 experiments FUN FUN and yes FUN!!!!

Hi Ron,

Great to see your getting to grips with all the new features.
How many more hills can a man climb huh~lol.
See you around,
cal:+1:

Hey, I appreciate you confidence in meā€¦

Been spending time in the zbrush chat on meeboā€¦have learned quite a bit thereā€¦thnx to those smart ppl thereā€¦

I was just thinking about you today Panstar. I was looking thru files and came across alot of your saved worksā€¦

You and Cal are always so inspiring to me. Love your creativeness and artistic skillsā€¦

This one is just a head I modeled tonight with a polymeshed sphere and was playing with using the Subtools feature for the eyes and earsā€¦

Very easy once ya get the hang of itā€¦and what we have elarned so far is the subtools need to be polymeshed in order for them to be moved, scaled, or rotatedā€¦

Got bumped offline earlierā€¦and eg forced to leave the chatā€¦grrrrr

My test for the nightā€¦

ron
catfishmn@aol.com

subtoolDoodle1.jpg

lol just another ugly head of mineā€¦:rolleyes:

These are looking damn good Ron. I cant believe the way that you have improved and cant help but feel that ā€œZ 3 has set you freeā€ hmm I kinda like that phrase lol. Anytime that you take the time with it it really starts to shine. Sigh, makes me wish I had more time for art but I am still trying to finish a novel. Keep up the good work! :bulb: :+1:

Tartan my friendā€¦I am so glad to hear from you. Thank you for your vote of confidence in meā€¦(shoot me an email about your novel)

Well tonight in chat we shared alotā€¦four different ways to make teeth and hopefully we can talk Kircho into sharing his methods in a tutā€¦very unique wayā€¦but all of the ways ended up with great resultsā€¦lol cept mineā€¦did it the ollllllllllllllllldddddddd wayā€¦

Well after I logged off I had a few ideas to take this image of the head a bit furtherā€¦I had given it a body earlier in the day and a background of fire (I had taken from my last camping trip a couple of weeks agoā€¦took alot of pics of fire for z3) and I then went about modeling some handsā€¦and worked on transposing them ectā€¦still getting the hang of thatā€¦made the nails from a torusā€¦and had alot of fun putting the image together. Well that is the jist of my z3 play today, night and now morningā€¦

thnx again Tartan. Hope to hear from ya soon.

Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

well I thought this turned out kinda kewl so I wanted to share with yall. And I still have to paint some more highlights I think because of the direction of the light from the fireā€¦

ps. this is an unrendered versionā€¦I think I am totally in love with how zbrush just renders in preview mode.

thnx again all who have commented on this z3 threadā€¦it is still fun.

June11Man1bwBody12345bcdEn copyZBC.jpg

Pansterā€¦I miss your works

Calā€¦gotta catch up on your galleryā€¦you are making leaps and bounds alsoā€¦love your style. You and Panster would make a helluva collaboration of styles for sure.

Looking better and better Ron !

If there was an award for most improvedā€¦

Well I have to second what everyone else here is saying Ron. your skills have come on leaps and bounds. I think thge transpose option is a great addition add huge amounts of creative ability. In Z2 we where all limited to modeling heads as bodys where jsut to much of a pain to pose unless you got skills in rigging, Maya, softimage or something. Now i donā€™t need to bother go into poser to poser a figure. Which means i have to brush up on me anatomy of the body.

Iā€™m getting me head around the sub-tools, transpose as for texturing thats the next ball park to cross, do i continue using UVā€™s or paint direct to pollys !!! And at what point do i stop adding details to me creations, hmmm! But i will post soon, just beeing a bit shy:D having got so far with zb2 and now having to step back to fundementals. But Iā€™m getting there!!!

Where do you all chat online, is that through MSN messenger or similiar?

S

thank you guysā€¦makes me blushā€¦You all are always encouraging and inspiringā€¦

thank you
Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

More goofing aroundā€¦trying to adjust Mtbā€™s light and material settings from z2 to work right in z3. Closerā€¦but I may stil lhave some more tweakin today.

Ron

ps. good nite 332ā€¦wow getting to bed early for a changeā€¦

(thumbnailed image, lol didnā€™t look as good to me this morning as it did when I posted itā€¦) :lol:

Was going for a caveman/apeish look with this one.

[attach=60697]mtbRenderHead1trialz3front12J.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

mtbRenderHead1trialz3front12J.jpg

and even more goofinā€™ aboutā€¦working with the subtools still ā€¦loving that new featureā€¦modeled some also on the head of the zombieā€¦the thumbnail depicts the wip before the one I present nowā€¦

gā€™nite.
Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

SubtooledZombieJune16th2007abJ.jpg
[attach=60949]SubtooledZombieJune16th2007aJ.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

SubtooledZombieJune16th2007aJ.jpg

Looking great Ron. But he is reminding me more of one of my favorites. The wolfman. 40s vintage! The clothes lend themselves well to him :+1: Dont stop now :slight_smile: (I will be sending you an email tomorrow about that novel I am working on.)

whoa lovin that fire demon ron, the hands and comp are really cool, you should make his teeth all gnarley and gross, it would make his face seem more in line with his claw hands keep it up, wanna see more

=) i love it, keep it up!

thnx guysā€¦mucho appreciatedā€¦
yeah, Tartan, he did look a bit like the Chaney wolfmanā€¦I have to learn clothes better thoughā€¦I always seems to model clothes I wore in high schoolā€¦boots, bell bottom-ish jeans and torn up baseball shirtsā€¦ :wink: I am going to get out some department store sales papers and some of my other clothing catalogs and relook how I cloth my figuresā€¦ wrinkles are hard for meā€¦ :frowning:

thnx Yariā€¦glad you like itā€¦

Hitchā€¦yeah I love the fire demon guyā€¦one of my better onesā€¦makes me mad that it was just a doodle that turned into moreā€¦but that is always the caseā€¦I am modeling some teeth with a bit of flesh coming outā€¦may even try that as a subtool

This version is a frontalā€¦added some bottom teeth, wrinkled and tore the shirt up a bit moreā€¦will work on the pants and footware next I thinkā€¦also played with the materials and lighting a bitā€¦

Loving the subtools pallette right now. :slight_smile:

thnx
Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

SubtooledZombieJune16th2007abcJJ.jpg

move on and start a new project that isā€¦:smiley:

Pulled most of my z3 to date models up and gave them a little menagerie.

Learning a little something new everyday or night ratherā€¦and by night I mean allllllllllllll night in the nightly zbrush chat sessions on meebo. thnx guysā€¦

Thus this image will end this never ending S.P.O.C. thread.

thnx for the words of encouragement and advice and tips.

Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

Time2MoveOn1j.jpg

Attachments

nekkidsubtooledman122zombies1bJ.jpg

Your the man when halloween comes along Ron.great work mate!!

cal

Great stuff Ron,
I especially like the red-clay models of all the heads. Your detail is really tight in places (the kind of stuff I love).
(That and zombies.)

I put a special ā€œzombie versionā€ of one of my characters in for you in the ā€˜Rathboneā€™ thread I started a couple of days ago. Not sure if youā€™ve seen it yet (the zombie Rathbone is down a little in the post).
Keep up the great work,
~Angstā€¦

Thnx, Calā€¦that is super encouragement for me to continue. I glimpsed one of your new images last night and will comment on it before bedtime tonightā€¦I was very tired at the time, but made a mental note to come back.

Angst, thank you as well ā€¦and same for you as Cal, loved the zombie on your page and will revisit it this evening. Loved your zombie version. Yeah, I love my zombies for sure. Watching the original Dawn of the Dead as I writeā€¦(I was just quoting lines from it outloud and my son informed that I have watched this one way toooooooo many times) :lol:

One thing I always loved as a child was E.C. comicsā€¦loved those guys styles and always wanted to do stuff like that. Great horror comics for sure. I have had trouble finding issues of it in local comic stores. But E.C. stuff, the Warren Groups comics like Uncle Creepy, Cousin Eerie and Vampirella era comics always motivated me in this genre. Mix that with a warped mind and the invention of Zbrush and it could be a deadly match. And sometimes it is. I am, like everyone else, learning the new joys of Z3 and to further enhance my ā€œstyleā€ with itā€¦ Because, I realize that I cannot seem to be realistic, but itā€™s still more detailed than a comicā€¦so itā€™s some inbetween hybrid (my style and works).

I do need to do more femalesā€¦no pun intendedā€¦lolā€¦but they are so much harder and complex to do imho.

Well I have rambled enough. The thumbnail below is a head I did last night/morning in z3 with a pm3d sphere toolā€¦was trying some new thingsā€¦

Used pinch with zadd on the edges of the lipsā€¦I played with that alot over the whole head. 550K polys (I can only hit 900K on this old machine at the moment)ā€¦Worked on it for a little over an hour I guess, before heading to my ancient slumberā€¦

I tell yaā€¦stay up in zbrush chat all night, then zbrush,sleep all day and repeatā€¦Z-induced insomniaā€¦lol thnx Ofer:D

And yes I do love the red clay on the headsā€¦makes the details pop pretty good.

thnx again guys and I will hook up with yall laterz.

Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

Attachments

June25thIshWrinkledOldManTrioJ.jpg

Ron,
I know what you mean. (the original) Dawn of the Dead is one of my all time favorite flix ever . Roger is, in my opinion, the greatest character in any movie (Followed closely by Manny from ā€˜Brotherhood of the Wolfā€™).
Keep on quoting the script. Whatā€™s the worst that can happenā€¦?

(Wait).

Come to think of it, that might actually be pretty bad, considering the genreā€¦ corpses walking the earthā€¦ undead monsters eating the flesh of the livingā€¦ gasoline $3.00/gallonā€¦

(Shudder).