ZBrushCentral

YAMH

they look like steep learning curves shouldnt be a prob for their brainframes :smiley: livelike and wonderful as always, mr. B, i hope you will find time to share a few of those 3d-miracles here more often! kudos!

• juandel

great modeling and texturing and blend of
softwares ken :+1: :+1: :grimacing:

Fantastic :grimacing: !
High-class modell and textures. :+1:

Had to ask since you’re working in Lightwave and getting far better results than I ever have. Any tricks to getting the textures to come out? No matter what I do I loose all the fine details in the Displacement map. I’ve had some luck with cartoon characters but even then the results are very uneven. The lack of support for subpixel dieplacement I thought was the problem but you’ve gotten some nice sharp detail to come through. Mine all have a bit of the stretched ballon effect. I’ve tried tweaking all the settings but generally the problem gets worse not better. I even tried upping the contrast and doubling the polygon count with no luck.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. At this stage I’ve been planning to jump ship to Maya because the support is much better. Just can’t aford to right now.

old thread returns.
Belseth: You should know that this model doesn’t have any displacement maps–just bump.
That being said, you may want to make sure your UV maps are as distortion free as possible. Still, there seems to be a limit to the detail you can get out of a displacement map rendered in Lightwave. For very fine detail, I would go to a bump map. This in conjunction with a displacement is a good compromise.

Thanks for the reply. Kind of what I was afraid of. I get very nice results in Zbrush but they just don’t translate out to Lightwave. The next upgrade should help but I may switch to Maya before then. I considered doing a mix of displacement and bump maps but it was a bit frustriating dealing with high res models and not getting all the benefit.

Thanks again. When I saw all the sharp detail I thought you had a trick for dealing with the Lightwave limitations. Just wish they had better sub pixel support.

Impressive Ken!!!:eek:

MattHHH:cool:

Good god, the great, the real one, the first, the creator, the biggest, the master, Ken is back !!! I’m your slave !!! :lol: