ZBrushCentral

XEXEX Sketchbook

thank you very much!:smiley:

Hi Marco…:slight_smile:
Enjoying your sketchbook thread this morning…I like the way you form your thoughts into the visual…story…:+1:
Great job on those boxing gloves and trunks by the way…and your anatomy is also improving :+1:small_orange_diamond:)…Some good books to help you strenghten and take the anatomy even further are in the link posted below…Great teacher and books,… all of them.:slight_smile:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&p=burne+hogarth+books

On your FishMan…Maybe pull his face out further, using the move topology brush set big…and have his face look more like the long snout of the baracuda, where the bottom jaw is longer than the upper jaw…will alow you to show more of those long needle like spiked teeth along the sides of his jaws…as are shown in the link posted below…Just a passing thought on my part that may be useful to you…who knows.:slight_smile:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oG7lFMxw5PJwUAmldXNyoA?p=baracuda fish&fr=mcafee&fr2=piv-web

I like your little Dragon :D…Great job…:+1:

Looking forward to seeing your works and progress in the New Year ahead…:+1:small_orange_diamond:)
Glenn

thank you spirit!
i appreciate all your advices and i will try to follow them!
ciaoooooooooooooooooooo

Hi all!
This is my work for the contest “My Superheroes Portrait” organized by the italian forum Character Forum (www.characterforum.com). (here my Wip thread)
The warrior displayed is my personal interpretation of the character DUNCAN-“Man at Arms” from the “Masters of the Universe” TV and comics series.
It was made entirely inside ZBrush. in particular the awesome power of Dynamesh was used intensively for the creation of all parts in combination
with zshere 2 and shadowbox used for the creation of the base mesh.
whith the new" insert brush"i was able to insert a lot of pieces inside one single subtool.
The hard surfaces stuff was done using trim dynamic, polish, flatten, smooth and curve brushes without retopology.
I used spotlight for polipaint and the standard brush to refine.
The details of scratches were made with trim dynamic and polish brush in combination with some different alphas(simulating the traditional technique of “dry brushing”)
For mustaches and eyebrows i had the pleasure to use the new great tool FiberMesh instead of using an external particles system.
Finally i used ZBrush to render all render passes (diffuse, color, shadows, depth, cavity, occlusion, detail, specular, reflections,…) and i composed them in PS.
i hope you enjoy it.
Duncan-MaA-per-ZBC.jpg

here the full resolution image!

yeah great work man! ^^

Hey Xexex!
From the modeling to the presentation of the final image I think you have done a great job on this… and the result is beautiful!
You have improved a lot in a very short time… keep it up!

I can just concur, you level up fast mate compared to your older works! It really paid off!:+1:
Looking forward seeing more from you and please keep us in touch about the challenge and what place you did! Go for the 1!
Happy sculpting

• Kenny:)

@guti,@pappete: grazie raga! so che posso sempre contare su di voi!:wink:

@kenny: thank you man! you are very kind! i hope to improve my tecnique as faster as possible to reach the excellence of my mates! thank you again!

What material used for metal or hard parts.? Definitely a great job. :smiley:

I’m trying to render a hard surface and can not get the look of metal. Also use the ligthcapand lost the base color. I hope me some advice. getth:idea:e look ofmetal.Alsouse theligthcap and lostthe base color.I hopemesomeadvice.

hi jaimedc and thank you.
for the orange metal material i used a tri shader material composed by different materials controlled by mixer.
darker orange (corrosion, dust,…) is opaque and with a littele bump effect on border and the lighter is shining and flat (consumed and thin paint);scratches are only shining and bumped.
for the green material i used a quad shader material similar to the previous because i have created two different type of metal.
here the orange material example.
metal-material.jpg

some Duncan views:
d1.jpg

Thanks for sharing your material settings and giving us such detail of your work!:+1:
Really nice one mate, thanks so much!:slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing. Eternally grateful.:smiley:

Great work man and thanks for the sharing of the shader settings! :smiley:

more images:
base-corpo.jpg

some close of my last work for Halloween:
Link to the WIP thread: Death is preparing

Hclose1.jpg

the work for Halloween 2011:
Link to the WIP thread of “Red little hood Pumpkin”
final front-piccola.jpg

Desert Eagle completed:
DesertEagle1.jpg
DesertEagle2.jpg

MARRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!
A special thanks to Pixologic for the Christmas present!
smack!
ciaoooooooooooooooooooo

xexex
Natale-2012 finale-G.jpg

Marry Christmas and a happy new year!:smiley: