vs. polys used is well done.

For a next-gen, tho, I’m wondering if you shouldn’t give him about
1000-2000 more polys in the head to give it more volume. It would seem
that he’s intended to be an important character, and right now, his
arguably most important part (his head) is too blocky/flat/planar…my
opinion, of course. :wink:

cheers.

WailingMonkey

Thank you very much , vinayKr and wailing monkey, Vinay, I use the normal bump channel in max, and then assign the normal map in the normal slot. Mental Ray will render the normal map if you assign it this way, very well.

Wailing Monkey, I’ve restricted myself to around 7k poly count, and I’m finishing my model in that count. I’ll work a bit more on the face though. I’m doing a base for him right now, and refining the jeans ( which in my opinion looks low res compared to the other parts. I’ll post updates and a turn around soon. CHeers

Thank u Vikram for that info…Although I m using maya and couldnt get it in mental ray …

Just another one if u can tell me what r texture pages and what does 2 * 1024 or 4 * 512 mean

Why dont u participate in game challenge by cgtantra:D :smiley:

Hi Vinay, Thanx for the reply. Two 1k maps mean that you use 2 maps for an object, eg, one 1k for the face and another for the body, because you obviously would want to give more detail for the face and give it more UV space and vary the texel density. Moreover, I would use one 1K map rather than using four 512 maps, because I think one 1k takes up lesser space than four 512 maps, though the map size occupied by them are the same. Cheers, is CGTANTRA conducting a game character art challenge? I am not aware of that.

Just a minor character point that has bugged me as I look at your model. Wolvie’s hair actually goes back and out, not sraight up and out. You need to pull his hair geometry back more, as it is right now it kind of looks like a square afro.

The shorter version is much more true to the character’s height. I think he could have more of a chin also.

Teyone thank you for the reply, Ive changed the hair a bit now. I’ve entirely reworked the textures on the jeans, and also worked on the sillouette a lot, done a base and worked on the claws.

I’ve uploaded a turnaround for the model now. Please have a look at it and post your comments. I’ve done a little bit of colour correction and post processing on it. Hope you like this

http://www.myotherdrive.com/file/363.010106.12012008.71229.0067fi/Wolverine%20turnaround.avi

great work and interisting development steps :+1: :+1:

Vikram,

Hey nice to see you still coming along nicely with this wolvie character. See a lot of hard work and effort and its continueing to get better and better. The face/head contour needs to be flushed out more. As it stands its lower jaw line is too far straight across on the front view, profile side views face appears pushed in, nose mainly needs to be brought forward in the profile view. 3/4 view needs more distinction of the how the forehead, eye socket, cheek bone, and mouth area flow because its to linear. Hope this helps, keeping up the great work. :+1: :+1:

Hi remib, Thank you for your reply. Angel, thanks for taking some time off to send me your constructive feedback. I felt something was wrong about the face too, and have given it more form this time.I’ve worked on the base a bit. I can keep tweaking it more and more, but I want to hold this as my final piece. Please send in your comments and feedback.

Here’s the final turnaround
http://myotherdrive.com/file/097.004708.16012008.98490.0067fi/wolvie_turnaround.avi

And a final image

[composite.jpg]

Cheers,

Vikram,

I think the changes to the front jaw line, pulling the face out in the profile and what you added to the base was a good thing. If there was one change you could make and it was to be the last change ever I would say that maybe reworking the high cheek inflation and bump on the right side. Doesn’t appear to be to prominent on the left side as much and reads more like a “shiner”/Blackeye type of inflation rather than cheek area. Other than that, I think you could safely call it the wraps on this one. Its been fun watching it develop. Keep working hard will be nice to see more from you soon. :+1: :+1: