ZBrushCentral

Who Can it Be Now..? Challenge

Looks like it’s time for a new mesh – I’ll post one tonight or early tomorrow (Thursday).

In the meantime, I took my FezFan sculpt a coupe of steps further – here’s a wrap-up.

Best Wishes,
Darrel
My ZBrush Sketchbook Thread
My CGSociety Folio
GroBoto v3 Beta Site

FezFanFourQuad-1k-zm.jpg

FezFanFourQuad-1n.jpg

Attachments

fezFan4-hex3.jpg

really interesting !

Can I use Sculptris to participate? (with adaptative tesselation disabled, of course)

Hi lorembolo,

I know almost nothing about Sculptris (other than posts I’ve seen here an the intro Video when it was first announced)

…but of course – please do, I’d be very interested in seeing how the meshes respond to Sculptris’ tools.

Best Wishes,
Darrel

Hi Everyone,

Played with a different approach – based more on trimming with booleans than building up with primitives. These are three variations on that theme – none of them have as much personality as some of the previous heads… more of a ‘blank slate’ feel.

My own (even hastier that usual) ZBrush passes led me to think they had some real potential. Hope you give one (or two or three) a shot.

As usual…
Please see the first post in this thread for general info about the files.

You can download & play with the Download the ZTL, OBJ, and/or GroBoto files here. …some other recent free ZTLs are there too.

Best Wishes,
Darrel
My CGSociety Folio
GroBoto v3 Beta Site

clipheads-zm.jpg

clipheads.jpg

Attachments

clipheadsSculpts.jpg

Well, this is my first attempt with the Cliphead3 model.
Half an hour playing with sculptris.
[ClipHead3.jpg]
I’ll try another one later.

very interesting basemesh!!!

cuisinier.jpg :+1:

Thanks for the GBR, helps seeing how boolean tool works.
cliphead3_01.jpg

Here is my finale take on the FezFan mesh…Lots of fun :slight_smile:

OLD WOMAN 1.jpg

Attachments

OLD WOMAN.jpg

Thanks Darrel for your comment on my thread!

I’ll do a try on your meshes because some of the results posted here are really nice. Thanks for sharing them!

Thanks to everyone for joining in… all fun stuff.

lorembolo - Nice. I’d be interested in hearing/seeing anything you wish to share about the Sculptris workflow as it relates to these meshes.

ludopencil - Love that you saw a Chef’s hat in the geometry – that’s what it’s all about – letting these meshes bounce around in our brains and shake something loose.

window1 - Nice sketch. Right, the new model I’ll be uploading in a few minutes has a good mix of Boolean work… still discovering new ways to configure these meshes.

SpiritDreamer - Just Lovely – yes, fun is the aim here. So completely a SpiritDreamer work, yet the flavor of the original model remains.

Best Wishes,
Darrel

Hi boblenain,

Great. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

New mesh/ZTL will be posted here in a few minutes.

Best Wishes,
Darrel

Hi Everyone,

I Thought that last batch of my models was a bit dull – useful in exploring some different GroBoto methods, but not much personality to the characters.

Have a new, more energetic batch ready. Here is the first of them – something ape-like. Think I’ve discovered some neat tricks for setting up alternate organic/mech interpretations of the GroBoto models (see latest post in my My ZBrush Sketchbook Thread)…

This one leans organic – I’ll be posting some of the mech stuff soon.
The ZIP archives found on the page linked below contain both Organic & Mech setups.

As usual…

You can download & play with the Download the ZTL, OBJ, and/or GroBoto files here. …some other recent free ZTLs are there too.

Best Wishes,
Darrel
My CGSociety Folio
GroBoto v3 Beta Site

[attach=236967]neoSimian-panels.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

neoSimian-panels.jpg

Here’s my take so far on the FezFan mesh:
FezFan Re-Sculpt A 01.jpg
Done with Sculptris. I have more details to add, but it’s getting late. Will play around with it some more tomorrow.

Hey MrOreo,
Thanks for joining in… Fun & suitably weird interpretation. Hope you do play a bit more.
Sorry for the delay – just very busy with GroBoto Development.

Here’s a New Mesh. I like the structure of this one. Needs some tweaking, and (like all of these meshes), will benefit from some mesh refinements we have coming up very soon. However, it responds very nicely in ZBrush – holds up to pretty wild caricatures while retaining convincing volumes & such.

As usual…

Best Wishes,
Darrel
My CGSociety Folio
GroBoto v3 Beta Site

[attach=237761]Biff-WCIB.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Biff-WCIB.jpg

Can’t resist a challenge that has frank ‘hidden’ in it. :cool:

[[attach=237843]Grobotostein.jpg[/attach]]Grobotostein.jpg

Hi 3Point14,

Marvelous.
Never occurred to me, but that brow certainly suggests ‘Frank’.

Thanks for the post.

Best Wishes,
Darrel

Hi Darrel!

I promised so here it is : The demon from Satsuma, made with your “triphorn”

Satsuma-01.jpg

Hope you enjoy it!

Hi Darrel :slight_smile:

Started having some fun with the Biff model…:slight_smile: …I wanted to try one of the machine types of models, but can’t seem to get them to download for some reason…screen keeps coming up blank…probably just me not knowing what i’m doing as usual.:smiley:
Anyway, having fun with this one,…will refine it further and post when i’m done with it.

GROBOTO BUST 1.jpg

Hi boblenain,
Great. Love seeing what someone else’s mind finds in these meshes. Thanks for joining in.

Hey SpiritDreamer,
Another great take – seems to fit nicely with your ‘FezFan’ seeded piece… characters from the same realm. Really like the natural organic flow.

Just checked, there was one broken link (OBJ version of the ‘NickelAgeShip’)… fixed it and links are working now. Thanks for the heads-up.

BTW - OBJ & ZTL versions are identical mesh-wise (ZTLs being unaltered imports of those OBJs). ZTLs are smaller.

Best Wishes,
Darrel

Thanks Darrel…:+1: …That NickleAgeShip link works fine now…:slight_smile:
I had a lot of fun playing with it this morning…:smiley:
Just modified it using the deformation setting in ZBRUSH 4…Made it a little more AIRO/ARROW DYNAMIC…So it could get up to lightspeed without too much friction…:smiley:

Groboto Ships in hot pursuit…:smiley: