ZBrushCentral

when does zbrush (new version)appear?

there is no use in bring up the Competitor software on some one else forum;)

all i can say is 'keep having your group meeting and keep talking about it
and ill just sit out back and eat my cake and icecream too:lol:
i am V.I.P approved now and i dont have to wait.

Pixol-dust - although I am used to perform the function called “waiting” (got two sons with the same features, just see above), I am heading to a time where reading most statistics will make you shudder (“average life span for European males”), to say the least.
So waiting has got a new meaning: I can’t afford it.
Under these conditions: zerebrush@onlinehome.de, and I promise >> I won’t tell!!
Deal!?

my prediction, based on historical precedent, is that there will never be a version 2.5

instead it will be something like 2.5^48+1

:wink:

they’re going to wow us with a 64bit version.

and trash that retarted ".5 "

and blow us away with 3.0 at the next siggraph… or they’ll just announce it at the next siggraph, then after that siggraph anounce the pre-announcement of the pre siggraph announcement of the following year.

:lol:

When you see Vista SP2; start feeling tingly…:lol:
But seriously the next version will be awesome. I bet multiple cameras, a hair brush that will generate true 3D hair with a plethora of settings, braided, frizzy, wavey, whatever you want. I think they are hard at work, taking the extra time pumping the next release with full animation capabilites right out of the box. Plus a whole host of other add-ons and inhancements that will send the ZBrush community running, screaming in all directions…It just has to be…

I read a thread once.
I realy did.

It had the word “Roadmap” in the title.
The roadmap was wrong.
I asked for a new roadmap.

It’s a year later and I’m no closer to my destination.
The new roadmap never arrived.

I’m asking why it never arrived?
I’m asking why the roadmap company has gone silent?
I’m asking why the asking is wrong?

I read a thread once.
I realy did.

I’m sure your right Bicc. This is not directed at you. I just liked your method of delivering a message.:slight_smile:

I’m sure 2.5 would be great. I think if people were given the reason for the delay they would bend over backwards to understand. I think it’s wrong to ignore everyone like we don’t exist. Like the money I paid does not give me the right to ask a reasonable question. Does that make me bad? Does that make me unreasonable?

P.S. The music score is in the works:+1:

why does a kid not step on the ice by the side of the road in any other moment?

Mm… poetry/lyrics, truly the most artistic way I’ve seen so far on internet forums to express and debate views =P

dought… I bet multiple cameras, a hair brush that will generate true 3D hair with a plethora of settings, braided, frizzy, wavey, whatever you want. I think they are hard at work, taking the extra time pumping the next release with full animation capabilites right out of the box. Plus a whole host of other add-ons and inhancements that will send the ZBrush community running, screaming in all directions…It just has to be…

Whatever you are using send me a pound:D

Blaine, just the thought that someone quotes me is the cat’s ass;)

re edit-mozilla bug-post not showing

I suppose it’s true. 2.5 has been beta’d at film companies, along with a 64 bit version. And we’re left in the cold.

It’s like waiting for “CAV 2” from Reaper Miniatiures. I think both are overdue by the same amount.

To:
Jack Rimokh/Ofer Alon/Jaime Labelle

Would you guys like to step up to the plate in this conversation? A response from you would be very much appreciated. It would seem to be just good basic customer relations that if you value your customers then you should also be concerned with what your customers think, and also that you would respect them by responding to their requests for information. Pixologic used to be good about communicating with customers but now we are receiving very weak signals from you. Your years of promises to us now being combined with the silent treatment you seem to be giving us at the same time does not make sense. People bought the 2.0 version of Zbrush with the promise of a free upgrade. They were also promised that the upgrade would be soon. That promise was broken a long time ago you have broken some promises and may allso broken some kids dream. In response to our valid questions to you about this we receive no response which is what I refer to as receiving the silent treatment from you. How do you expect us, your customers, to react to this lack of communication from you? Is this another sales tactic? Do you even believe in what you say and supposedly support? As of yet I have not seen any evidence from your company that causes me to believe that you do. If you want people to trust in your company and your products then you need to trust them and treat them with respect. At the very least you need to acknowledge them and respond to their concerns - and not by giving them the silent treatment as you have been doing. From what I have seen, you acknowledge your big time 64 bit companies but not your loyal 32/64 bit customers. You seem to have forgotten about the small time users- the people who have been actually buying and using your products and supporting your company for all these years. We realize that there are always two side to any story but we have never heard yours. The table is all yours now so please speak up!/

one for the moderator that has Removed one of my post in another thread

i made a comment about the mac version slowing down the progress of the 2.5 upgrade

and they decided to delete my post
this was just a personal option, so i guess my options doesn’t count around here
middle_finger.jpg
i hold up 1 finger to show you how many friends you had before your dog died.

seeing is believing so take a good look.

I am not an owner or user of Zbrush When I first discovered it I was intent on buying brush, but got XSI Foundation instead to start out on. I figured 2.5 would be out by the time I am ready for a new modeler.

I am very surprised to see still no 2.5 and also surprised to see the same old posts about “when” and “why the silence”.

I understand your woes, but look at it this way the current Zbrush still kicks butt and makes great images.

Now I am waiting for Mudbox, just to see what it can do. I also intend on buying a new computer. I want to go Mac Pro and “boot camp windows” but that depends on how well XSI runs on it. Modo is looking good because you get both OS versions.

As for Zbrush I do not know, why? (Here is my point) Silence!

INFO PLEASE!

Well, I think that the last few posts have not been done by some premature kids that can’t wait to get their new toy.

But, this all is useless anyway.

If some official would have felt the need to answer to the “when?”, I can see no reason why she/he would have not done so.

It is a frustrating situation, and allthough the current version is able to do “some” pics - I think the frustration arises out of the fact that “customers” (“fan’s”, dedicated users, etc.) are treated this way.

If it is impossible to keep promises once made - why not say so.

Or, Pixologic has a really, REALLY good reason to maintain this silence. So great in fact, that we have not worked out what that reason is. Well I just finished reading the Da Vinci code so that probably causes me to say that actually… :lol:

Cmon… stop whining all… We have already received a lot of freebies. And actually… ZApplink and the Displacement exporter and ZMapper are of more value to me than a few new 2.5 options. And if it’s at the studios then it will be out soon. I’d rather have it beta tested than publicly shredded because a hyphen is set wrong in a help file…

Other companies would have released three plugins and name that 2.5. And charge 249.- for the new features. Non beta tested…

Lemo

Maybe they created a feature that not only makes your models look real, but they actually come to life, and one ugly modeled monster ate the developers!

And you’d still have strong support from the userbase.

Why not release features in incremental upgrades?

I’d kill for the zsphere rigging. Make that 2.1…

I guess, I’m impatient. It’s obvious to me the internals of zbrush are very well written. It’s fast, it’s a lot a fun, it has a great core. That said, it also has some frustratingly unfinished areas in terms of usability. I’ve found zspheres to be a lil hard to use, and the fact they had to use a script to add what I’d consider essential functionality ( xyzadjust ) shows that it was lacking.

I’d just dying for the remeshing tools and improved zsphere stuff.

that is good news for you
but the ZMapper plugin still hasn’t been released for the Mac People
and it’s been almost a year.

[http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=31281&page=13&pp=15](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=31281&page=13&pp=15)

that is the same word that alot of people are saying :slight_smile:
it Must be contajus.