ZBrushCentral

Wayne Williams ZBrush 3.0 Sculpts

this takes me back to when I was a kid in kindergarden and I had a Cpt America tshirt. Some crummy one with and iron on star and bars but it was the best to me… Keep up the great work!

Very nice sculpting - great details in the mask and rest of the costume.
My only crit is his proportions: To me, he looks like he stands only about 5’ 8" tall because, his legs look short, and he is not 8 heads high from heel to top of the head - as is generally considered ideal proportions for a man. It varies from person to person, so you may disagree with me, but to my eye, he has the proportions of an average man rather than a superhero. Still beautiful sculpting.:+1:

[attach=60928]CapA.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

CapA.jpg

Ya, I had him at superhero level height wise at first…but then I checked out the specs on him and he’s actually only 6’2" which is just a bit above average. Im thinking of having the cam angled up at him to make him appear larger then life though so it might not be that big an issue. We’ll see! Thanks for the crit.

Yeah, I also think part of it might be the angle. Either way, I’m looking forward to seeing the finish.

Great form and impeccable detailing on the suit.

Ok, got the face done up a bit further. After this, moving on to the gloves.
capz21.jpg

Attachments

capz22.jpg

Looking great man:+1:

awesome Wayne. the face looks sooo much better.

now hurry and wrap this dude up so I can put it in my “good char models” folder.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome stuff. Love the detailing. Top notch work.

That’s a GREAT version of Capt’Am you’ve achieved there Wayne - lovely sense of weight and volume overall, and well-modeled folds and detailing :+1:

Chris

This will make an awesome 3D print. Great job!

Thanks guys! Here is an update. Just about finished but will be away for a while so wanted to post before heading out. Have to finish the left hand, eagle atop the flagstaff and perhaps revisit the flag folds.
capz30.jpg

Attachments

capz31.jpg

Love the modeling once again.

Could you please explain your symbolism in the image/model please? ie the drums, and the title on the base?

thank you for sharing your skills,

Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

ediit…searched for the phrase Axis of Eagle and found this article and here is the link
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SPORT/golf/11/10/golf.iran/index.html

Dang man! I thought I had coined a phrase!! Just goes to show there’s nothing new under the sun eh? As for the symbolism, I’d like to let each viewer take away their own interpretation on the piece rather then me tell them what they should think it means.

Really nice. I love the symbolism. Love your work.

Only suggestion might be to try another texture as I think the grey is a little drab (unless it’s supposed to be symbolic) :wink:

For example, your scene might look good with something like the material in Intervain’smorning_WIP (nudity) thread… or not. Ya never know.

Anyway, looks awesome! Can’t wait to see it totally finished.

Looks great. I really like it. One thing is bothering me. The foot that rests on the globe. It looks as it will slide down any moment(even I if I know that this is impossible with that arrangement) which makes the whole picture a bit uncomfortable. If I were you I would move the foot up a bit. Just my opinion.

Top notch stuff… :smiley:

Mickey Mouse was used last month to make a similar point on TV in the West Bank. Mickey Mouse was used to teach children about evil Condoleezza Rice.
The US is evil, watch out. Bin Laden isn’t so bad. The US and the Jews want money, let’s be sure to kill them all. The reality is that Bin Laden doesn’t want western advances, likes Zbrush, like women’s right, like computers, like cars, like artificial hearts.

Its wonderful when such great skill can convey such an important message.

Cherreborne

That’s so badass. Really good work.

ZeroDean: Thanks man. Im slammed with work now so I’ll have to try the other shader later.
Vlad74: I might see how easy it is to repose the leg a tad. If it’s too much hassle I wont.
Buckie: thanks!
CherreBorne: Im glad you think I have such great skill as I still feel like a noob at times!! I’m also glad to see how you read into the symbolism of the image. I think it will be interesting what each person takes away from the piece.
kyphur: Thanks dood!