ZBrushCentral

"Watching the world" | Angel sitting on the skyscraper's roof.

First of all I apologise for late reply - was quite busy with my routine work :-\

Hi, first off, I;d like to say that the whole matte/3d thing came out excellent, and it looks very PRO work indeed.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: Glad you like it -)

the way it is nowā€¦ pointing up, it looks a bit as if he was falling with high speedā€¦ also if you plan on saying itā€™s because of strong wind, you should add more clues ā€¦ like flying feathers or smthā€¦

Well of course you might be right. Itā€™s your opinion and I respect it :slight_smile: But the way I was thinking about positioning of the wings leaded me to pose them in the way butterflies do it when they land somewhere. When butterfly lands - it folds itā€™s wings up. So I ended up with some kind of idea mixture of birdā€™s and butterflyā€™s wings here :wink: Yeah I know may sound quite messy but thatā€™s the way it is -)

and also maybe you tell us how it started? your piplineā€¦ MAYA/MAX-Zbrush and back ? or Zbrush 100 % for the character ā€¦ etc

Well, nothing special about it too -) My pipeline is XSI-zBrush-Photoshop. It started with quite primitive cubes and simple skeletons to get the right compositional feeling of the whole scene.

Thanks a lot Nibiru!

This is just a beautiful image! Your sense of style of painting, compositing,texturing and modeling itā€™s amazing. The sky blending with the buildings itā€™s just beautiful.

I have an idea that it might interest you. In the image you barely can see the angels face, so I was thinking of maybe having an image of him or maybe the opposite of him projected to the window next to him(the one with the building reflected in). Maybe you can have the reflection of the person he used to be before he became and angel. Probably when he was alive, he was a person that used to help people or maybe a soldier, police man, etc.

Because when I see this picture all the eyes goes to the angel, so I was thinking maybe adding something a little hidden or like a secret message(the reflection of him on the windows), it might give the person who is looking the image more information or maybe more feeling about this beautiful piece of work.

Wellā€¦ this was my opinion and my idea about how I see your image. Hope it helps you in some way! Have a great day and keep up the good work!

Javier.

Lots of techniques used to a very high standard to create an amazing image, top row for sureā€¦ :cool:

One of the best in awhile.

Donā€™t usually yell Top Row butā€¦

TOP ROW!!!

I love that piece. The character is wonderfuly done. 5 stars.

This is very good indead, I like the whole image, itā€™s very impressive.

I agree however with an earlier post regarding the posing of the wings, I think that they could well be posed more relaxed and in a manner which shows two wings and not the illusion of one wing. This of course is purely a matter of personal taste and to be honest this picture is just great as it is :slight_smile:

just wanted to say this is a nice compo and i like it a lot too. Maybe a little distortion with the plane glass window and the city reflect too, but:
VERY GOOD JOB!
Could you give us some tips about color and light matching settings for a good compo with a background picture or background plane too? :wink:

sry for my englishā€¦

Top Row surely!
5 stars from me.:smiley:

Really nice piece. Its also really cool how u combind all the differing techniques to pull the whole thing together.

Only crit I have is in the transition ā€¦ the city looks too real justaposed with the CG and painted stuff. Maybe the city could be ā€œeffectedā€ somhow to make it blend alittle better (maybe just at thge edges?)?

I love the image, Its very inspiring.

Wowā€¦

You are exactly the kind of artist I want to be. Iā€™ll be checking out your homepage.

I canā€™t believe you forgot to grunge up the metal railings! :wink:

Personally , I think the rails could do with a little more dirtā€¦and thats the only crit I have. which means I love it, fantastic piece.
Love the pose, watching waiting , eyes drawn into the city in the distance.

If my name were caesar , youā€™d be getting :+1:

Top row.

El-d

Superb, a fantastic piece of art, I cannot understand why itā€™s not Top Row Yet!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

wanted to say the same thing :confused:
Bet this will be a work that will be forever lost in the main forum threds :frowning:

Whoaā€¦ thatā€™s really magnicifent and inspiring idea man! Liked the whole idea a lot! I think that in my future projects Iā€™d definitely use that! Thanks a lot!

Well, itā€™s nothing more than tinkering for hours with ā€œHue\saturationā€, ā€œCurvesā€ and ā€œLevelsā€ in Photoshop. :slight_smile:

Oh cā€™mon, Iā€™m not that good really -) But thanks a lot! I appreciate your words!

Of course lot things could have been done. But unf. Because of my main routine work I didnā€™t have much time to bring everything to the level of my personal 100% satisfaction :wink:

Oh I donā€™t bother myself about it much :slight_smile: Itā€™s enough for me that you guys like it -)

Thanks a lot everyone! Thanks for your crits and comments! You are the best!

Helloā€¦ why is this not on the Top Row yet???
Someones sleepingā€¦

LOVE it, Iā€™m new to the ZBrush a friend of mine introduse it to me last week, I like what can be done with Program but your is a master piece I do feel ā€œWatching the worldā€ in Peace and compassion, thank you for creating this. :smiley:

WOW! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Lovely work! Itā€™s gotta be top row material surely??? 5 stars from me!!!

Thanks guys! Iā€™m really pleased to hear that :slight_smile: