ZBrushCentral

Video Lessons In Zbrush (cannedmushrooms style)

Jason,

Thanks so much. These videos are great! I watched most of the skull video, but accidentally hit the tabs in the top of the veoh screen and now will have to start again. LOL but that is not a problem cause I probably will catch something I missed the first time.

Keep it up, your filling a hole that needed to be filled. By any chance you wouldn’t have any videos planned for Cinema 4D? LOL Just asking.

KY

Jason,

Quick note: Your Veoh lesson on ‘SSS’ (the first one) won’t play past the 12:17 mark when it should play until 16:40.

~S.~

works.jpg
I uploaded it over the top of the old one, snark that always seems to repair that stuff.
I downloaded it just to make sure it plays all the way through now;)

You were right about the clarity of the menus. Trying some new wmv settings to clear that up a bit;)

wow. You seriously rock man. I can’t believe you do all this free of charge. I’m enjoying some of them a lot!

Thanks very much for all the many hours of free videos Jason!! Your teaching is in valuable

hey nice vids helped me alot and i was wondering if there a topo tool on ZBrush 3?

Hiya,

I was watching your tutorial on UVMapping in Blender… have you considered using UVMapper Pro?? Upon loading your object, layered or not, into UVMapper Pro, as long as it’s able to read your various layers in some way, you can turn off and save out different UV’s or create a huge map by moving them around. I’ve only begun to scratch the surface of this tool. It’s not that expensive and there is a free version so you can see if it’s going to mess any of the vertices up (which I don’t think you can as long as you don’t resave the obj file)

If you don’t know about this program then check it out here: http://uvmapper.com/index.html

there is a free uv mapping program called mapper magic or some such. works very well, i’ve used it a couple times. You can move the verts around in the free version of it.

lesson 17 and 18 for the topotools rundown on a head.

Thats a pretty cool program wolf I’ve played with it before on my quest for a UV program worth its salt.
I’m a pretty huge blender fan. I really need to update that video since i have figured out how to hide various parts of the model as you do UVS to make UVING all the easyier. Then Unhide it at the end to have the whole UV set displaying. Great for Grouped models.

Glad you found the link useful, to at least look. I myself can not get the hang of Blender but then again I’m also ADDA so my mind is always 3 steps ahead so I don’t “get” something pretty quick it’s not likely I’m going to stick with it too long. I’ve not had that issue with ZBrush so far. I dont’ understand most of what it can do but I understand enough to keep me coming back for more!! :cool:

I have VeohTV and have downloaded as many of the tuts as it could find but I just seem to missing most of them. You go by cannedmushrooms and Jason Welsh, correct? I do most of my work in the Poser community so I’m very interested in texturing in ZBrush more than anything else. Eventually I want to get into morphs too but not much else. Modeling just overwhelms me too much and my mind thinks “too much” and I loose interest or get agravated with the process… so… I stick with what I truly love doing (working with color and texture). So if you have some vid tutorials by you or someone else that really gets in depth with all that I would be much obliged!

I love your contributions to the ZBrush community!! Your tutorials are nicely done and I like the quality of them. You have a nice strong voice with a bit humor to your teaching, keeps one going along learning away!! :smiley:

All the best

Woffie!

Yo… Mush…
Any chance you will ever do something besides Veoh?

Have you checked out QuickTime H64 (?) format… pretty tiny file sizes and a QT download doesn’t own your computer and snag every vid that passes in the night to store on your hard drive without asking.

lol nate you make it sound like the boogie man;)
Veoh is so ubber easy for me.
they fixed alot of the older issues they had in the past. but to keep movies from being uploaded just goto run type msconfig / goto the startup tab and turn off veoh.

Woffie yes I go by both names. Not a real huge poser fan but if your going with the wanna be a texture artist angle Then thats cool. Its a good starter point to other roads in 3d.

I invite you all to a new channel that might come in handy for texture artists that are just starting out in 3D
It starts with the traditional methods (which are REALLY important to know) then goes into Zbrush. Too many new peeps have never been the old school ways resulting in a generation gap of 3D artists.
Exsample how many peeps know how to make a diffuse map without zbrush;)
(sound of crickets fill the room)

Tools you will need along the ride
Maya, Photoshop, Blender, Zbrush, Crazy bump just to name a few.

Heres my Bat Signal alerting the Media

And heres a link to the first video that will get you access to the channel

[veoh]v1735115HHBNXAqJ[/veoh]

Cool. Thanks for this new series. Looking forward to using what parts I can use of it.

I wish you used Silo.

Blender… :o

Heres the Zbrush part of the Channel
Keep in mind this is seperate from the other lessons I made, and actually has to be easy enough for a new person that never used Zbrush to understand.
Hopefully I can bring in topics that finally cover the 2.5 d tools that are never talked about;)
The displacement mapping tutorial and the alien console turned out really good;)

Crash Course and normal maps
[veoh]v17398607cSMRHr5[/veoh]

Displacements Maps Zbrush to Maya via Doc Grabs
[veoh]v1740094kSWJqMMh[/veoh]

Build a Alien Console with all the fixings that literally jumps off the polygon;)
[veoh]v1740352ZX5zBgbR[/veoh]

Attachments

Bat-Signal2.jpg

Thanks Jason. I’m just tagging the thread to find it later.

Heres my Bat Signal alerting the Media
Bat-Signal2.jpg

Love the holidays and the whole two weeks off I get;)
So heres some more videso to add to my materials texture and lighting channel on veoh.

In this episode Learn how to use maya and zbrush together to produce a tileable alpha. Maya is used in place of Zbrush rather than trying to stack objects in the “Zdepth” world. Then the alpha is taken and processed onto a poly surface and sculpted with not only the “standard brushes” but also the 2.5 brushes (which you hear hardly anything about)
The whole thing is brought not only into maya and rendered at the end, but a game engine also to help tie two communitys together. Which I will be releasing another video that drives the unreal people here;)
In the epic forums.
Call it an experiment;)

game moders meets floating old man head, demon world. yay

[veoh]v2004356xe8dYhax[/veoh]

[veoh]v2004355zrDmxMcw[/veoh]

[veoh]v20043574zEgHR7f[/veoh]

Canned, I just wanted to say your vids are just awesome.:smiley: I feel bad not paying for them! :laughing: I just got Zbrush and these are invaluble!! Just awesome! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Filling a hole 101!

[veoh]v241630359MBG75J[/veoh]

This is lesson 2 redone.
I redid it with a faster workflow, and better audio equipment. It should be totally noob friendly when it comes to masking off the teeth.

[veoh]v2521061fAEtzpCH[/veoh]