ZBrushCentral

Vick Gaza - Sketchbook Thread

Awesome Vick, Thanks for the reply. Its always good to get some tips on getting textures out of Zbrush.

I use the same technique when I texture my models. Pretty much the same pipeline too, Its so great how powerful Zbrush has become. Its always impressive to see work like yours that is created almost entirely in Zbrush.

Keep it up! can’t wait to see more work.

It`s my pleasure man, glad I could be of any help possible :slight_smile:
This is an older exercise done for the fun of it :slight_smile: All modeling and texturing,UV and Baking done in ZBrush except Zappliked the monster and applied curves and levels in photoshop, merged all including the shading layer and then projected back into Zbrush :slight_smile:
Spec done in photoshop, retopo in topogun and render in Marmoset toolbag.

Excuse the anatomy, I was less skilled then, not that now I am any better :))
1 love,
Vick.

Turntable here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey0i_3wv8ow

ZGrab01a.jpggeowip.jpgB4.jpg

Attachments

geowip.jpg

B4.jpg

hey, saw your work on Polycount :slight_smile:
really dig your post-apoc dude!

Thank you man, coming from you that`s a proper compliment haha :slight_smile:

I`m following your thread here and your youtube chan :slight_smile: Fantastically expressive sculpts man, awesome job :smiley:

Looking great again Vick.

Its cool to see your older pieces, your attention to anatomy has increased in your newer works.

Regardless its a very good looking bust, great render in Marmoset as well.

@Funky thanks so much, I was so happy when I saw it got featured on polycount :X
@BByrnes thank you , I focused lately on ALOT of digital painting and anatomy … ever since I paint digitally I zbrush so much better. I`ll post some older sculpts once I go over them and finish them :smiley:

New character, no more monsters for a while, just plain ol` average joes and joettes , practising sculpting humans and small features :slight_smile:
Any tips are very very welcome , tear the sculpts apart, the more feedback I get the faster I get a job :)))
Thanks.BRAP1.jpgBRAP2.jpg

Attachments

BRAP1.jpg

BRAP2.jpg

Sorry I`ve been neglecting this thread for a while, have been neglecting food and social interraction as well ahhaah but regardless, art dump in progress.
So 1st batch of jpegs, my lovely boar character, might polypaint and comp him soon. Any feedback is very very welcomed obviously !

Thank you for watching as always,
Vick.

Attachments

Here are some more sculpts that I’ve done recently

bzmDY.jpg
xMGlu.jpg
Xp1ga.jpg

And a quick process shot :slight_smile: Hope you guys like them :smiley:
8qtXT.jpg

Attachments

8qtXT.jpg

Thank you man, I did enjoy this post

very nice stuff man! I’ve never really pushed myself in the retopo and uv unwrap + texturing land…do you have any reference or tutorial about it to suggest? thanks and grats again!

Supergreat stuff here. Keep posting!

Inspiring!

@zen my pleasure, thanks :smiley:
@Andrea to be honest I`ve worked with unrapping and texturing for a while now, as games artist, but there are plenty of good tutorials out there from eat3d, gnomon and 3d motive that will help you understand game workflows better :slight_smile:
@mpaquin thank you man
@alienOracle thank you :slight_smile:

Here`s some more work that I’ve done on my recent zbrush personal projects :smiley:

W07Pd.jpg

ZAh2A.jpg

g99Gm.jpg

6jt0G.jpg

horns2.jpg

Attachments

Ok so this is the final outcome, of my Yeti Process, pretty much everything is done in ZBrush, sculpt from polypaint, then composited into Photoshop. Rendered BRP layers individually, with different materials, then comped and painted over in photoshop.

I hope you guys like it :slight_smile:
Vick.

FinalYetiBigWeb.jpg

banner.jpg

Thumbs.jpg

Attachments

FinalYetiBigWeb.jpg

Thumbs.jpg

Really cool. More please.

wow…just amazing…:):):smiley:

Yes i like. :wink:

Very cool work!!
Best regards,
Selwy

Thank you very much for the replies, I will keep you guys posted with my latest work that I just started :smiley:
And Selwy, I saw your stuff, its absolutely amazing , Ive no words to describe it.
Now I got to go back to studies and become better :))
Vick.

And this is a study finished in the past 2 days, getting some practice with normal humans, no more monsters and beasts

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg