ZBrushCentral

Venom

Loved the animation. The movement looks so fluid… What`s your hardware config? because the geometry looks quite heavy (I guess it took some hours of rendering and some extra painful hours painting skin weight maps).

This Venom rocks!

Yeah
Venom - Rock! :+1:

Thank you guys, i really appreciate it.
rnvalencia - you mean the rig test? if so, it is because it is a mocap. But the geometry is not that high poly before the displace, i can animate in realtime in max with my machine a core 2 duo 6400, 1 GB RAM, Geforce 7600GT

Thank you all,

André

That animation rocks. Its just insane. Why didnt they ask you to do venom in the new movie. After seeing what you have created i think i’m just going to hang up my keyboard and mouse. Not really, practice makes perfect, i just hope i can get somewhere close to things like that. But i guess I cant be to hard on myself, i’m self teaching myself zbrush and 3d max, and dont know alot about computers in general. Anyway, Keep up the kick ass work. Much respect.

Livednaevil
Liveandevil

Hey Livednaevil, well i am sure that venom will rock on the movie, i just do not feel like it is really venom, as venom is huge and the one in the movie is very skinny, looks more like carnage to me than venom, anyways i am going to watch the movie right now so, when i come back i will have a better opinion on the one from the movie… But i am sure they will make him great abyways!

Well, i came from the theater with two big impressions of Venom:

It came out great, even though he is much smaller than i would like him to be, but not as skinnier as i thought it would be. The character design is cool anyways, i love the way they animated the simbiont thing, i liked pretty much how he looked like, altought i would definetely like him to be bigger, but that would make it necessary to cast another actor for Eddie Brock, which i think would be better, Eddie Brock from the comics was huge, and Topher Grace is too small. Anyways i liked it in the end…

Second one was, what was venom doing in this movie??? I mean, it looked like they trowed him there like it was a studio request that venom has to be on this movie… i dont know, i did not like the script… too much happening and the characters were not developed as they should be.

Well, being aware of the risk that this might turn out to be a spiderman3 review thread i’d like to give my impression after comparing the 2 venoms…
As you said Andre,what was venom doing in the movie?All i remember from him was some quick flashes and very (VERY) fast action scenes…I couldn’t focus on his design not for a single moment…I don’t know why they prefered that kind of cinematography but he lacked a very serious aspect…CHARACTER. Which is something that you gave him with that SIMPLE vertical camera pan. (score 1 for andre hehe)
My point is ,IF someone never read a spiderman comic and doesn’t know what venom is about…would he be impressed from what he just saw in the movie? And if he was ,would he be more impressed than watching Andre’s venom?
…i think not…
Don’t be modest of this work of yours man…be proud cause it is GREAT :wink:

Thank you Satge_GR, i had the same impressions… i am really wanting the DVD to come out just to pause to see it better :slight_smile:

Thank all of you guys that replyed with your tips and critics. The new zbrush 3 has just arrived in my work and i will soon start new works on it, best impressions from the first half hour i worked on it. You guys at pixologig rock.

Fantastic Venom.