ZBrushCentral

Velociraptor Skeleton 4 printing

Great job!! this is an impressive way to show the possibilities of the 3d printing ! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on printing a dinosaur skeleton. How much did it cost have that skeleton printed? I only ask because I have been looking for a ‘reasonably’ priced dinosaur skeleton for some time. The cheapest one so far is of a Herrerasaurus for 4k from the UK. It is cast from actual skeleton. If someone could SCAN from an original and once that data is obtained. You can print an infinite number of copies to people like me that would like a cheaper alternative to have a articulated dinosaur skeleton. Even if the bones are numbered and put in a big bag and up to the purchaser to assemble. I love dinosaurs but … they price them out of reach of the common man. Thanks for listening.

Hi mate.
I love your print but i have just 1 little complaint, the tail of Velociraptor mongoliensis is stiff, with a lot of supporting tendants along its length.
It acted more like a counterbalance then a whip as it looks like in your model.
I can otherwise not find anything that seems to be wrong with your model, but I’m not an paleontologist so I cant be 100 % sure on my points about this skeleton.
Keep up the good work!
/samthe0ne