ZBrushCentral

Useful small ZScripts and Macros for ZBrush 4R8

henriquedw & TheKesslerEffect,

I feel your pain - I have updated the plugin with a new “Save All Brushes” button. This means you can set up the brushes exactly how you want and then save them so that they are that way each time you start ZBrush.

Bob Savage,

Thanks, I’m glad you find the plugin useful. Are you still getting the Trim brush behaviour? It does sound like Dynamic is not getting turned off but I’ve not experienced what you describe.

Hi Marcus,

I decided to start using zbrush as-is to see if I can get used to it but the last time I used the script, it did exhibit the same behavior. Perhaps it’s something specific to my setup?

Actually now that I’m thinking about it. Does your script also turn it off for the brushes folder in the zstartup folder? Maybe that’s where it’s missing brushes (that just occurred to me so could be wrong)?

I decided to start using zbrush as-is to see if I can get used to it but the last time I used the script, it did exhibit the same behavior. Perhaps it’s something specific to my setup?

Actually now that I’m thinking about it. Does your script also turn it off for the brushes folder in the zstartup folder? Maybe that’s where it’s missing brushes (that just occurred to me so could be wrong)?

Hi Bob,

The script does check the BrushPresets folder in ZStartup as well as ZData, so all brushes should be taken care of. I’m at a loss as to why you are seeing this problem but presumably it is something to do with your setup. Certainly if you can get used to the new way then that is the best solution.

Thanks,

Hello… I think I’ve found an issue… When using the script all my Trim brushes change to slice brushes and even the icon changes… I get this msg and I can’t use the brush as I normally would.

2017-10-16 18_02_28-ZBrush.jpg

Hi Ed209,

Thanks for pointing that out and I’m sorry for the problem. I’ve corrected the plugin but you’ll need to restore the TrimAdaptive/TrimDynamic brushes from your backup.

“Unzip the zip file and open any containing folder created by the unzipping. Copy the DynamicOffAll<gs id=“da1867e7-daac-483e-828c-68c2ca144730” ginger_software_uiphraseguid=“a9d3435e-1195-40d5-9fc0-54589f2414f7” class=“GINGER_SOFTWARE_mark”>.</gs><gs id=“93607501-6c18-48d9-ab68-ead2565c02a3” ginger_software_uiphraseguid=“a9d3435e-1195-40d5-9fc0-54589f2414f7” class=“GINGER_SOFTWARE_mark”>zsc</gs> file and DynamicOffData folder to your ZBrush 4R8/ZStartup/ZPlugs64 folder and restart ZBrush.”

Hi

Where can I find DynamicOffData folder, It was not contained in the zip file provided.

I did the rest of step, but to button show up in Zplugin menu.

Thank you

Oh blimey, sorry about that. Download again, I’ve renewed the zip file.

Now works perfectly.
Thanks for the fast reply, now I can sleep in peace.

Thank you very much for this plugin!!

Awesome thanks for the fix, I’ll try it today.

thank’s a lot. very usefull !

This macro will store and restore the Draw Size for different sculpting brushes.

Save the attached macro to the ZBrush 4R8/ZStartup/Macros/Misc folder and Press Macro>Reload All Macros or restart ZBrush. There should then be a new button in the Macro>Macros>Misc sub-palette called “ChooseBrush”

Ideally, assign the ‘B’ hotkey to the button. This is because you need to use the button whenever you want to pick a brush and it replaces the original hotkey. If you really need to use the button without a hotkey then you’ll need to put it on the interface somewhere such as below the color picker on the left. The reason for this is that if the brush popup appears too far from the button then it will simply close before you get to it. Use a hotkey if you possibly can because then the popup appears under the cursor.

Then just use to pick the brush you want. Every time you change brushes the draw size should be restored if you’ve used the brush before during the session.

ChooseBrush.txt (717 Bytes)ChooseBrush.txt (717 Bytes)

Hi Marcus, how are you?

After installing the dynamic off and a few macros, the Z intensity and RGB intensity are stuck together and I can´t set independent valeus anymore. Do you mind checking that out, please?

That’s the way the sliders behave if you aren’t in Edit mode and have one of the 2.5D tools like the SimpleBrush selected.

I’ve not experienced the behaviour in Edit mode, and no one else has reported it. I suggest you remove the plugin and the macros you installed. You could then re-install one by one if you want to find which is causing the problem.

Dynamic brush was driving me nuts. Thanks for the plugin.
Now I can finally have a dynamic free workflow.

Thanks big time!

Thanks for the Dynamic Brush off Plugin. Saved me a lot of trouble.

This plugin will create a curve from a ZSphere chain, allowing greater precision when a curve is needed for adding wires, cables, strings and so on to a model.

Installation
Unzip the zip file and open any containing folder created by the unzipping. Copy the CurvesHelper.zsc file to your ZBrush 4R8/ZStartup/ZPlugs64 folder and restart ZBrush. You should now have a new sub-palette called Curves Helper in the Zplugin palette, with two buttons called Copy ZSphere Chain and Create Curve.

Instructions

1. Append a ZSphere to the model you wish to add a curve to.
  2. Select the ZSphere in the SubTool list. Scale and move it to a suitable start position.
  3. Add ZSpheres to create a chain of ZSpheres, positioning how you want in relation to the other subtool.
  4. When ready to copy the ZSphere chain press the Copy ZSphere Chain button.
  5. Switch to the subtool that you want to add the curve to and press Create Curve.
  6. With an InsertMesh brush selected, click on the curve.

Notes:

• The root ZSphere (the one you start with) must be at one end of the chain.
  • Create a single chain - branches will not work.

Download here: CurvesHelper.zip (3.33 KB)CurvesHelper.zip (3.33 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you marcus_civis!
This will come in handy for sure.

cheers
Rafal

Thank You Very Much!

Do say if I’m missing something obvious here but…I was trying to make something that’d hide all UI elements. I merged the left/right tray toggle scripts into one for that reason. Is there a way to add the TAB functionality, the toggling of floating menu buttons (Pref>Interface>Misc) to this, or am I forced to use two different key presses for this? Anyway, thanks again to all the leet zscripters out there sharing scripts in this thread.