ZBrushCentral

Update to ZBrush 2023.0.1 Now Available

thank you for the speedy reply Aurick, much appreciated.

I just clicked on the link you sent me, and it directs me to the page that you wrote 9 days ago, which mentions the 25% discount! , so obviously I’m a little confused that you can’t advise?

I get a feeling they’re may be quite a few people contacting Pixologic and Maxon to inquire about this 25% discount off the annual subscription for existing Perpetual licence holders.

A little strange Maxon/Pixologic don’t seem to be aware or able to advise on what they have listed on their own website regarding existing licence holders upgrading to 2023?

I’'ve just sent a second email to Maxon, and I’ll also send one to the link you kindly sent, to see if I can get any information.

thank you.

ps. anyone else reading this that can shed some light on this 25% discount, could you please let me know. Thank you.

On the legacy support site, please click the link to start a conversation. That will let you start the ticket with the legacy support team.

1 Like

thank you again for the speedy reply,
I just found the link a moment ago, and have sent them a message/support ticket.

hopefully they can advise.

thank you

Hello @aurick I was wondering if you could shed some light on the update process.

I’m on 2022.0.5 at the moment and would like to update to 2022.0.7.
I would much rather use the zupgrader if possible not use the full installer - should save me the hassle of getting my brushes and stuff installed.

My question is: if I use the zupgrader at this point will it update to 2022.0.7 - the latest free upgrade for me? Or will it try to update to 2023, which is a no go for me?

cheers
Rafal

It will update to 2022.0.7.

1 Like

Thanks @aurick !

cheers

Hi all,
I just received a response from the people at Maxon regarding updating my perpetual licence from ZBrush 2022 to a perpetual licence for ZBrush 2023. It was an interesting answer and it seems we’re dealing with semantics and how you view the phrase ‘perpetual licence’.

Holders of a perpetual licence for ZBrush 2022 can upgrade to a perpetual licence for ZBrush 2023 for US$659 in your local currency. According to the reply I got from Maxon this allows you to have a perpetual licence for ZBrush 2023…HOWEVER there may be future perpetual upgrades. This means if they release a ZBrush 2024 or 2025, rather than a ZBrush 2023.5 .6 or .7 you have to pay for another full upgrade.
As far as semantics go your ‘perpetual’ licence for ZBrush 2023 will never expire.

So it sounds like perpetual licence holders are going to get shafted when a new version comes out. BUT!!! we’ll all have versions of ZBrush 2022, 2023, 2024 etc… that will never expire because we purchased a ‘perpetual licence’.

This seems so far removed from the original meaning of buying a perpetual licence when ZBrush before the good folks at Maxon bought it out.

:upside_down_face: :money_mouth_face:

7 Likes

@johncox85 You’re right.
What gets me the most though is the price.
Be it subscription (just ZBrush and Redshift) or the new “perpetual” upgrade.
It’s just waaaay to much…

6 Likes

Yeah I was expecting 100usd, not over 600usd lmao that’s just insane

6 Likes

How did you manage to fix the Space Mouse so quickly! Amazing support! Please share this knowledge with Cinema4D team :pray: They can’t seem to fix this for almost a year!

1 Like

Holy crap, thanks so much for making a distinction between local symmetry and dynamic symmetry in 2023.1. The loss of the symmetric scaling functionality with local symmetry in the first release of 2023 was a deal breaker.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Custom Language Bug

A post was merged into an existing topic: ZBrush 2023 Complaints to Maxon

A post was merged into an existing topic: ZBrush 2023 Complaints to Maxon

I’m confused about this upgrade. Is it free for Legacy/ Perpetual License holders? And if one upgrades to this, will they still be able to access their files that were made under the old Pixologic system (i.e. 2022.0.7 and earlier)? I just want to know all or any consequences for this upgrade.

ZBrush 2022 was the final free upgrade for perpetual licenses.

ZBrush 2023 would require purchasing an upgrade or switching to a subscription. Your options are explained here. People with perpetual licenses are receiving a discount off the first year of a subscription, if you choose to go that route.

In the long run, an annual subscription costs about half what keeping a perpetual license upgraded costs.

Should you upgrade to 2023 by any method, you will still have use of your files from 2022.

Ok, got it! Thanks Aurick!!

Hello, I recently upgraded to Zbrush 2023 for work and have a question about the new license. Previously I had Zbrush on both my workstation at the office as well as on my laptop, primarily for working on Zbrush projects at home. I had assumed that the new 2023 upgrade would allow for a floating license of this sort enabling me to use Zbrush on two machines (at seperate times only) but when installed on my laptop got a message that I would b e exceeding my Zbrush 2023 license to open on a second machine. Question is can I register my laptop and use Zbrush there when not on my office workstation? if not, how do I get this feature that I had in the earlier Pixologic versions? Thanks

Maxon’s licensing system doesn’t allow two concurrent activations. Please follow these instructions:

https://support.maxon.net/hc/en-us/articles/4405047871122-How-do-I-use-my-subscription-on-a-different-computer-

You can release and assign the license as often as you wish. It only takes a minute to do so.

You’re killing it! Your art is the bomb.